Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

17 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Mark Munro LB ?

He’s a right back I think.  The left back situation is a real worry - McNiff is too exposed in this league against pacey wingers and we don’t have a clear alternative.

I’ll get hammered for this, but could we play Ally Love there? He’s at least left-sided and has a bit of pace. It’s far, far from ideal but he’s diligent enough to maybe do a role?

Or we could just, you know, sign a left back?

12 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

He’s a right back I think.  The left back situation is a real worry - McNiff is too exposed in this league against pacey wingers and we don’t have a clear alternative.

I’ll get hammered for this, but could we play Ally Love there? He’s at least left-sided and has a bit of pace. It’s far, far from ideal but he’s diligent enough to maybe do a role?

Or we could just, you know, sign a left back?

Jamie Bain can and has played left-back at this level before, but he is a notably better right-back. Or alternatively play Martin McNiff out there. Why bring a good thing to an end?

Syvertsen being out is an absolute disaster. One of the very few players to show any quality or form in the first chunk of this season.

It sounds like Johnston has bigger issues to deal with so here's hoping he's okay.

Lennon going out about wanting to play 27 or 22 games is absolute lunacy when we're an injury to Mitchell, Lang or Goodwillie away from being relegated.

34 minutes ago, David W said:

Syvertsen being out is an absolute disaster. One of the very few players to show any quality or form in the first chunk of this season.

It sounds like Johnston has bigger issues to deal with so here's hoping he's okay.

Lennon going out about wanting to play 27 or 22 games is absolute lunacy when we're an injury to Mitchell, Lang or Goodwillie away from being relegated.

Not even sure we are an injury away. As if this season couldn’t get worse then two with any sort of ability are out. 

3 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Syvertsen was outstanding in the run in and play offs leading to the promotion, we lacked creativity when he got injured and it’s something we still lack. 

Don’t disagree but we never got a decent run of games out of him before he would get some kind of injury. In our position we can’t really afford players who are consistently only fit 50% of the time. Shame as he was something different to what we  had.

Hope Chris Johnston is ok, not good if he has some issues to contend with, perhaps that’s why he never really turned up for us, given his ability.

10 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

Yeah, all the best to Chris Johnston - & hope he gets back playing again sometime soon.

Same to big Norway. Don't know where or when he picked up his latest injury?

Possibly in between the Cove and Airdrie games before the shutdown as he played the full 90 mins at Cove but wasn't in the squad for Airdrie. 

It would be nice to get a little bit more info on the loanees rather than just "midfielder" or "forward". 

Looks to me as if the Rangers laddies are in purely for numbers. Butterworth only played once for Edinburgh in the league below and Richie-Hosler and Thompson have never played a first-team game. 

Marky Munro is a right-back as has been mentioned, and so is Aidan Cassidy. I can see Bain at left back because he's a more natural full back than Martin McNiff, with McNiff as the second option. Munro has played a handful of first team games for Stenny and I've heard decent things from my Stenny-supporting pals, so he'd be my right back. My starting 11 if everyone is fit would be:

Mitchell

Munro     Lang       Rumsby       Bain

Cuddihy     McGlinchey

Love            Lamont        Cunningham

Goodwillie

38 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Possibly in between the Cove and Airdrie games before the shutdown as he played the full 90 mins at Cove but wasn't in the squad for Airdrie. 

It would be nice to get a little bit more info on the loanees rather than just "midfielder" or "forward". 

We played Rangers between them in the pointless Glasgow Cup. Scenes if that's when he picked up an injury