Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

3 hours ago, David W said:

Andrews was definitely in the squad. 

18 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Got 3 caps but wasn’t in any world cup squads.

I actually thought Andrews missed 2006 too but as has been said he was injured but still travelled as part of the squad. 

Aye I misread the article. Says Brent Sancho replaced him which I initially thought meant in the squad but it was in the starting 11. 

Here's hoping this new loanee from St Mirren has more of an impact than Henderson did.

You would imagine we will be getting a left back as well given Shiels' injury. Then again, given the evidence of last season, maybe not!

13 minutes ago, David W said:

Here's hoping this new loanee from St Mirren has more of an impact than Henderson did.

You would imagine we will be getting a left back as well given Shiels' injury. Then again, given the evidence of last season, maybe not!

I’ve missed the Shiels news, what’s up with him?

Another announcement coming at 6pm.

I am all for having a director of football, head of scouting etc. I'm all for trying to build up links with top division sides. At the moment though, a myriad of youngsters is not really what we need.

It does make it even harder to feel any sort of engagement with this season when half of our lineups will have been a Rangers/St Mirren Colts XI. Hopefully they’re cheap and we’re building the war chest for a title push next year*.

*possibly a League Two title

Edited by Scott-Replay

5 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

It does make it even harder to feel any sort of engagement with this season when half of our lineups will have been a Rangers/St Mirren Colts XI. Hopefully they’re cheap and we’re building the war chest for a title push next year*.

*possibly a League Two title

It's been hard to engage with most of the Clyde players in our lineups too

Given the number of games we have in a short space of time, I'm assuming Danny's getting the numbers up in case of injuries etc.

Hard to tell how many (if any) of the young lads will be any good, however not sure we've got much choice other than these cheap options, imagine we're probably giving McGlinchey a decent wage.

Agree regarding left back position, why sign 4 young midfielders when we're clearly short at lb ?