Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

5 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Did Hearts, Partick and Stranraer get any form of payment/compensation for being relegated in an 'incomplete' season last year?

Hearts and Stranraer did not but Thistle were awarded abject humiliation in their first league game.  Fair compensation I'd say.

So if 22 games is accepted, then we need to understand asap what the decision is around the EFFC and Forfar games (unless I have missed something).

We could find ourselves bottom of the league if the original decision is upheld, and unless we have worked on tackling our defensive frailties during lockdown, could be in trouble.

Super! 

On the other hand, the upside is....eh, watching a poly bag blowing across the pitch again.

53 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

So if 22 games is accepted, then we need to understand asap what the decision is around the EFFC and Forfar games (unless I have missed something).

We could find ourselves bottom of the league if the original decision is upheld, and unless we have worked on tackling our defensive frailties during lockdown, could be in trouble.

Super! 

On the other hand, the upside is....eh, watching a poly bag blowing across the pitch again.

What original decision? As far as I an aware no decision has been made yet.

But of course that doesn't matter to the authorities, its just wee Clyde. 

What original decision? As far as I an aware no decision has been made yet.
But of course that doesn't matter to the authorities, its just wee Clyde. 
I doubt they can deduct points if they want to retain any pretence of fairness.

Especially after Kilmarnock and St. Mirren weren't punished by losing points not to mention the whole Celtic Dubai jolly.

Therefore I see two 3-0 defeats for Clyde being the decision.

Looks like Raith Rovers will not be punished by SPFL over Covid-19 postponement of a match in January.

No punishment for Celtic for their "minor" infractions of Covid protocols in January.

However, Clyde still await a judgement regarding our postponements early in December.

1 hour ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

Let’s not forget Rangers players twice going to parties and no points deduction.

And of course yesterday running to applaud their wonderful fans at the gates of Ibrox yesterday  getting scarfs and the likes off them. But hayho it’s just exuberance after 10 years wait for a trophy apparently!

No doubt rangers punishment will be 4 points deducted from Clyde and leagues 1 and 2 shut down for another 11 weeks
Probably Rangers "investigated" and the result announced within 48 hours.

Three months to make a decision regarding Clyde is a joke.

Good to see McGlinchey confirmed. Hopefully he's fit enough to keep up in centre midfield, that experience he's got is invaluable and potentially exactly what we need after not replacing John Rankin, despite obviously not being the same type of player and won't make those third-man runs into the box.

Wonder when the last time we had a veteran of a World Cup in the squad? Had a wee check to see if Winters or McSwegan were involved in 98 but no dice.

15 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Good to see McGlinchey confirmed. Hopefully he's fit enough to keep up in centre midfield, that experience he's got is invaluable and potentially exactly what we need after not replacing John Rankin, despite obviously not being the same type of player and won't make those third-man runs into the box.

Wonder when the last time we had a veteran of a World Cup in the squad? Had a wee check to see if Winters or McSwegan were involved in 98 but no dice.

Was thinking Marvin Andrews but after looking him up he was injured for the 06 World Cup where he would've almost certainly been in Trinidads squad otherwise. His replacement was Brent Sancho who some might have heard of from a spell at Dundee

Edited by C. Muir