Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

This has been by far the worst for me. We are embarrassingly bad given the effort that went into getting promoted. I've genuinely celebrated two goals (Love v Thistle, Lamont v Cove). In saying that, there's not been many others to celebrate. We've only deserved to win two games (Dumbarton cup, Thistle). Nicoll reappearing sums it up.

I'd also throw the final BF season in there given it came off a year where we challenged at the top of the league, lost the playoff final, signed Easton, Flynn, MacDonald, McNeil; guys who everyone knew as good players. Every single Clyde fan thought we'd at worst challenge again. Then the Easton. Lowden and Linton injuries, selling Marsh to sign Ross Perry, a descent from being on the verge of going top at the start of December to settling for promotion playoffs after the hellish 4-3 humdinger loss at Forfar on Boxing Day, to needing a result at Montrose just to avoid the relegation playoffs. We were sat in fourth or fifth and everyone could see we were plummeting. Even the positives were tainted; the cup run ended with a gut wrenching fluke of a winner for Ayr, a cracking 3-2 v Arbroath seeing Easton stretchered off. And to top it off, we went into the summer with the idea in our head that Jim Chapman was what we needed.

The laughable thing is I can’t imagine next season will be much better when Tom Lang departs. 

Cant wait for the football to start again in whatever capacity. The club are clearly chomping at the bit to get back in action for their fans,

Edited by TheBigGuy

This season has been horrible but from a personal point of view that is more to do with not being able to attend rather than the team not playing particularly well. I just cant get into it at all & have no enthusiasm towards football at the moment. Hated watching on a stream so stuck to updates on twitter & didnt bother with the highlights. 

In last 10-15 years we've had some horrendous seasons & some very painful results (8-1s, 7-1s etc) but i would still be there almost every match with enthusiasm. As for the last BF season, i couldnt even bring myself to celebrate staying up it was more anger at those responsible for getting us into that mess. A mix of anger & relief as that full time whistle was blown in Montrose.

I will continue to help the club financially through the different streams such as lottery, 1877 rewards etc but just long for the day we are back in the stands with our family/friends watching the team we all love. Until then all i can ask is the team stay up & the club dont go out of business.

The division 2 season was horrible but was expected to be after the horrendous squad we assembled. 11/12 and 12/13 in the bottom tier similar. 

10/11 probably the worst because it looked like we built a squad we felt were more than capable of challenging (perhaps some of that was down to disrespecting other teams, just expecting them all to be shite because they were in the bottom division) but we were the complete opposite. 

Don't think we're far enough into this season to make a proper judgement but it's not been an easy watch so far. Even the Thistle game was awful, clouded by the result. Personally don't think football at this level should be on until some sort of crowd are allowed back. 

Where do you start; Miller’s team was without doubt the worse I have ever seen and Albion Rovers away during his time worst ever performance I have witnessed. 

Ferguson’s freefall season was horrible to be part of and the night Malcolm took the team midweek before he left was just horrible to witness. But I have to say that Chapmans tenure  was just toxic to be in the stadium and would have to go down as as low I felt in all the years supporting Clyde. Bomber Brown of course is a different thread entirely 

Lowest I felt was the match after Barry Ferguson resigned. Home against Montrose, midweek with Bob Malcolm in charge.

If I remember correctly we lost easily and the players were not giving one single f**k.

I don't think I've ever been so angry. Leaving a game I detested every single one of those Clyde players.

That night Malcom just stood at the dugout, said nothing hardly moved and was the obviously there due to some contractural issue that meant he got paid or legal reason? disgraceful and disrespectful body language, his  Attitude rubbed off on the players that night it was horrible an contemptuous behaviour and a horrible night all round. 

As if things weren't depressing enough without going over what is the worst season again. It must come up at least 3 or 4 times every year.

Instead what is your favourite season following the Bully Wee?

Three obvious ones for me:

99/00
I had watched Clyde on and off until this season but this was my first as a regular. What a season it was too winning the league, some crazy games and score lines 7-1 v Stenhousemuir and the 4-3 away at Stenny after being 3 down at half time, 6-2 away at Stirling, 4-1 at home against Arbroath to win the league. The squad was also full of Clyde legends Mclaughlin, Keogh, Carrigan, Ross.

05/06
Pretty much the whole squad had departed along with the Billy Reid. In came Graham Roberts, Joe Miller and a new squad that would cause one of the biggest upsets in the Scottish Cup.

The season started in ridiculous fashion with a friendly against Man Utd's first team squad. Couldn't believe it when I saw the line ups, Man Utd's was full of superstars and ours was 11 largely unknowns at that time.

The league cup game away at Ibrox was amazing although ultimately disappointing but nobody would have guessed what would follow in the Scottish Cup. Roy who?

League form was pretty patchy that season. The Gretna games in the Scottish Cup was hugely disappointing and the way at all ended with the trip to Canada and Roberts being sacked.

18/19
Danny Lennon had come in and at last we had got our act together after so many seasons in the bottom league.

Some great players for that level Lang in defence, Rankin, Grant and McStay in midfield with Banks and Goodwillie up front. McNiff scoring a ridiculous amount from left back.

The Fitzpatrick farce ended any real chance of challenging for the league but the team recovered well to get back into second place and up via the play offs against Annan on a great day at Broadwood.

On 14/02/2021 at 16:16, haufdaft said:

What it's the worst season to be a Clyde supporter?

1) This season with a dreadful defence, poor performances, pixellot and inability to attend matches.

2) Season 2010/11.
Stuart Millar started in charge, finished bottom of the third division. The season started with one win in sixteen. Second league victory wasn't until the middle of February.

To me is a hard choice but I think 2011 just shades it.

10/11 was so bad It’s just not comparable with the current season for me. 

As has also been said, the one season in league 1 on the way down to league 2 was horrendous as well.

this season hasn’t been great but we’ve only played 8 games and we are in league one so it’s never going to be anywhere near as bad as 10/11 for me.

7 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

As if things weren't depressing enough without going over what is the worst season again. It must come up at least 3 or 4 times every year.

Instead what is your favourite season following the Bully Wee?

Three obvious ones for me:

99/00
I had watched Clyde on and off until this season but this was my first as a regular. What a season it was too winning the league, some crazy games and score lines 7-1 v Stenhousemuir and the 4-3 away at Stenny after being 3 down at half time, 6-2 away at Stirling, 4-1 at home against Arbroath to win the league. The squad was also full of Clyde legends Mclaughlin, Keogh, Carrigan, Ross.

05/06
Pretty much the whole squad had departed along with the Billy Reid. In came Graham Roberts, Joe Miller and a new squad that would cause one of the biggest upsets in the Scottish Cup.

The season started in ridiculous fashion with a friendly against Man Utd's first team squad. Couldn't believe it when I saw the line ups, Man Utd's was full of superstars and ours was 11 largely unknowns at that time.

The league cup game away at Ibrox was amazing although ultimately disappointing but nobody would have guessed what would follow in the Scottish Cup. Roy who?

League form was pretty patchy that season. The Gretna games in the Scottish Cup was hugely disappointing and the way at all ended with the trip to Canada and Roberts being sacked.

18/19
Danny Lennon had come in and at last we had got our act together after so many seasons in the bottom league.

Some great players for that level Lang in defence, Rankin, Grant and McStay in midfield with Banks and Goodwillie up front. McNiff scoring a ridiculous amount from left back.

The Fitzpatrick farce ended any real chance of challenging for the league but the team recovered well to get back into second place and up via the play offs against Annan on a great day at Broadwood.

99/00 it one of the first seasons I can remember vividly. Pumping Arbroath to win the league was a great day. Whereas blowing it at Recreation Park the week before was hellish. Pretty sure that’s the season we pumped Raith at Starks Park in the cup which is probably my all time favourite away day with Clyde over the years.

03/04 was a belter as well despite the fact we threw away a huge lead to give the title to ICT. We were class that year and had se great players. A few brilliant results that season, too. Winning away to Falkirk at Ochilview and St. Johnstone at McDiarmid Park spring to mind.

18/19 was also class for obvious reasons.

99/00 was the first time I went  but was only 2 or 3 games throughout the season, didn't start going regularly (at Broadwood) until 01/02 season. My first memory of that season was a 3-1 win at home to Thistle the day after my birthday, my first Clyde Thistle game. Then later that season we beat them at Broadwood midweek. Lambie must've went through about 100 snout between the 2 games. Not my favourite season and there's not much else I can remember from it as I was still young (we won 6-1 away to Falkirk too but I never went to away games at the time - what a night that would've been though for those who were there) but thought it was worth a wee mention. 

Would be between 05/06 and 18/19 for obvious reasons. 18/19 probably just shading it as I was old enough to celebrate our success properly i.e getting absolutely rat arsed. Although very amusing, the celebrations from beating Celtic in 05/06 amounted to winding up their fans in school.

Edited by C. Muir

4 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Regarding 18/19 would you have preferred to win it on that last day in Cowdenbeath or go up the way we did via the playoffs? 

The play offs were good but I think having a league title would've edged it. 

Edited by C. Muir

With the carry on that surrounded the trophy presentation had we won the league in Cowdenbeath I’m glad we went up via the playoffs. The 2nd leg of playoff final was the perfect day from celebrating in the arria afterwards with staff & players to heading back into town to carry on the celebrations. Trumps beating Celtic. 

I think it’s worth adding as well that for all the years of dross or bad results it just makes those moments of success even sweeter. The days out & memories from following this great club are incredible and make it all worthwhile.  

Can’t wait to make more in the coming seasons as we eventually return to grounds across Scotland.