Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 24/05/2019 at 14:20, the_bully_wee said:

It's time to dispense with that which is old and press forward with a brand spanking new thread for our first season big in the back time! Let's kick things off with a 'heading' post containing an up-to-date squad list and a reminder of our business so far.

Signed:

Goalkeepers:

David Mitchell (2020)
Michael McGee (2020)

Defenders:

Barry Cuddihy (2021)
Kieran Duffie (2020)
Declan Fitzpatrick (2020)
Craig Howie (2021)
Martin McNiff (2021)
Alex Petkov (6th January, 2020)
Scott Rumsby (2021)

Midfielders:

Ray Grant (2020)
Mark Lamont (2020)
Chris McStay (2020)
John Rankin (2020)
Tony Wallace (2021)

Forwards:

David Goodwillie (2020)
Chris Johnston (2021)
Ally Love (2020)
Ross Lyon (2020)
Darren L. Smith (2020)
Kristoffer Syvertsen (2020)

Departed:

Blair Currie (Stirling Albion)
Kieran Hughes (Kilbirnie Ladeside)
Dylan Cogill (unknown)
Tom Lang (Dunfermline)
Jordan Stewart (Albion Rovers)
Scott Banks (returning to Dundee Utd)
Jack Boyle (unknown)
Kevin Nicoll (Stirling Albion)
Aaron Millar (Clydebank)

Potential squad, as things stand:

Mitchell

Cuddihy - Rumsby - Howie - McNiff

McStay - Grant

Johnston - Smith - Syvertsen

Goodwillie

Subs: Duffie, Fitzpatrick, Lamont, Love, Lyon, McGee, Petkov, Rankin, Wallace

M

On 24/05/2019 at 14:20, the_bully_wee said:

It's time to dispense with that which is old and press forward with a brand spanking new thread for our first season big in the back time! Let's kick things off with a 'heading' post containing an up-to-date squad list and a reminder of our business so far.

Signed:

Goalkeepers:

David Mitchell (2020)
Michael McGee (2020)

Defenders:

Barry Cuddihy (2021)
Kieran Duffie (2020)
Declan Fitzpatrick (2020)
Craig Howie (2021)
Martin McNiff (2021)
Alex Petkov (6th January, 2020)
Scott Rumsby (2021)

Midfielders:

Ray Grant (2020)
Mark Lamont (2020)
Chris McStay (2020)
John Rankin (2020)
Tony Wallace (2021)

Forwards:

David Goodwillie (2020)
Chris Johnston (2021)
Ally Love (2020)
Ross Lyon (2020)
Darren L. Smith (2020)
Kristoffer Syvertsen (2020)

Departed:

Blair Currie (Stirling Albion)
Kieran Hughes (Kilbirnie Ladeside)
Dylan Cogill (unknown)
Tom Lang (Dunfermline)
Jordan Stewart (Albion Rovers)
Scott Banks (returning to Dundee Utd)
Jack Boyle (unknown)
Kevin Nicoll (Stirling Albion)
Aaron Millar (Clydebank)

Potential squad, as things stand:

Mitchell

Cuddihy - Rumsby - Howie - McNiff

McStay - Grant

Johnston - Smith - Syvertsen

Goodwillie

Subs: Duffie, Fitzpatrick, Lamont, Love, Lyon, McGee, Petkov, Rankin, Wallace

21 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Best of luck to him, he potentially should be ok,  in a better defence. Hope it works for him this time.

I will now no doubt get pelters on here as I’ll put it out there that some of the fans think he is Baresi, and will vote him MOM no matter if we have shipped 4-5 at the back.
In saying that, I’m admit I’m being a bit cheeky guys! He is our best defender, which isn’t hard I suppose , but he has been as much to blame for our horrendous defensive performances this year as anyone.

What  I’m saying is that he is a decent player, absolutely just not as good as he thinks he is but is certainly capable of playing at Championship level. I think would rather we got some compensation now as I’m never convinced players are able to give their best when the subconsciously may protect themselves till they move. Although I do admit Lang does have a good attitude and tends to give 100%.

This is a point I was trying to make on the close down thread. What happens if Tom is contracted to May 31st for example, and we now decide we need all of June to finish the season. Why would he or Raith want him playing another month and risking injury? He could just say at the end of May 'I'm off, I can't take the risk of losing a move through injury'.

This is a point I was trying to make on the close down thread. What happens if Tom is contracted to May 31st for example, and we now decide we need all of June to finish the season. Why would he or Raith want him playing another month and risking injury? He could just say at the end of May 'I'm off, I can't take the risk of losing a move through injury'.
That happened with a few players down South last season. They didn't play for their current team as contract had expired and had signed a deal elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I agree with last two posts, in light of leagues latest delay, which is correct decision in my opinion, I would rather now just null & void it or mothball till August. 

thus season as it stands is a dead duck!

Today's new is definitely not good and from Clyde's POV null & void has some salvation in it but in respect of integrity it does not sit right. 

Thistle relegated in a curtailed season and condemned to another season in league 1...what am I saying? Yep, let's call it now!

On 08/02/2021 at 17:21, Scottydog said:

Like the sound of the last bit, McGlynn tends to take decent players and work with them to get the best out of them, I'd much prefer a fairly decent player who'll give his all every week than a talented prima donna who only shines when he's in the mood or when there a tv crew there.

Looks like he is a bit of a unit, what would you say his strengths are?

His looks.

9 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

His looks.

Aye we had a few of those. Christian Patio etc.

Better wi model pro that looks like Quasi Modo than male model that plays like Quasi Modo.

48 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Aye we had a few of those. Christian Patio etc.

Better wi model pro that looks like Quasi Modo than male model that plays like Quasi Modo.

Very true! In all seriousness, he’s good at reading the game, he intercepts a lot of balls during a game. One on one against strikers 9 times out of 10 he will outmuscle them off the ball to win it back, shield it out of play etc. He’s reasonably quick as well for a guy of his build. Decent in the air. He’s still young so plenty of time and room for improvement, too.

They have to complete their 2021 budgets and then when the financial gap is known the scale of the fine can be determined.

Additionally, when they call the league ,they will be in a position to know how many points we are off the bottom and will know the scale of the points deduction required to relegate us.

On 10/02/2021 at 12:06, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

They have to complete their 2021 budgets and then when the financial gap is known the scale of the fine can be determined.

Additionally, when they call the league ,they will be in a position to know how many points we are off the bottom and will know the scale of the points deduction required to relegate us.

The well known conspiracy against Clyde continues?

53 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The well known conspiracy against Clyde continues?

They are throwing all sorts in the way of our revival. Viruses, fines, point deductions, teams with sub standard pitches. It is hard to imagine the scale of the conspiracy. Channel 4 will be doing a programme on it soon. 

What it's the worst season to be a Clyde supporter?

1) This season with a dreadful defence, poor performances, pixellot and inability to attend matches.

2) Season 2010/11.
Stuart Millar started in charge, finished bottom of the third division. The season started with one win in sixteen. Second league victory wasn't until the middle of February.

To me is a hard choice but I think 2011 just shades it.