Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

We obviously don't know how the other Rangers loanee will serve as a replacement but this undeniably makes us weaker. In an area that's y far the weakest in our team.

He played as big a part as anyone in getting us 3 points at Cove so for that we can be grateful.

7 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I wasn’t arsed at all when they announced the 3 week suspension, and think trying to restart in March is stupid. How can we get a season done. 

Call it quits now and aim for August. 

Good luck with that! Probably get about 8 games in League 1 then they will call ‘another’ lockdown. Rinse and repeat!

I imagine, if possible, we want the games to go ahead to empty our TicketCo accounts.

Potentially many supporters may use their unspent money to pay for next year's season ticket. That's a double whammy to our club's finances.

For example, I've only spent a third of my initial season ticket deposit.

10 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I imagine, if possible, we want the games to go ahead to empty our TicketCo accounts.

Potentially many supporters may use their unspent money to pay for next year's season ticket. That's a double whammy to our club's finances.

For example, I've only spent a third of my initial season ticket deposit.

TBH I have written off the £250. If they called it tomorrow, I just see it as a cost of Covid and move on. Buy a new one next season, which obviously not all can contemplate.

8 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

TBH I have written off the £250. If they called it tomorrow, I just see it as a cost of Covid and move on. Buy a new one next season, which obviously not all can contemplate.

I'd imagine that will be the approach of most of us who are in a position to afford it. I was never going to  use the full £250 and the balance was to be a donation in any case. 

This season is ruined and I'd be happy to see it voided right now. If it does get restarted with fewer games the whole scenario has an artificial feel about it and it just feels wrong for any promotions or relegations to be decided in these circumstances.

On 24/05/2019 at 14:20, the_bully_wee said:

It's time to dispense with that which is old and press forward with a brand spanking new thread for our first season big in the back time! Let's kick things off with a 'heading' post containing an up-to-date squad list and a reminder of our business so far.

Signed:

Goalkeepers:

David Mitchell (2020)
Michael McGee (2020)

Defenders:

Barry Cuddihy (2021)
Kieran Duffie (2020)
Declan Fitzpatrick (2020)
Craig Howie (2021)
Martin McNiff (2021)
Alex Petkov (6th January, 2020)
Scott Rumsby (2021)

Midfielders:

Ray Grant (2020)
Mark Lamont (2020)
Chris McStay (2020)
John Rankin (2020)
Tony Wallace (2021)

Forwards:

David Goodwillie (2020)
Chris Johnston (2021)
Ally Love (2020)
Ross Lyon (2020)
Darren L. Smith (2020)
Kristoffer Syvertsen (2020)

Departed:

Blair Currie (Stirling Albion)
Kieran Hughes (Kilbirnie Ladeside)
Dylan Cogill (unknown)
Tom Lang (Dunfermline)
Jordan Stewart (Albion Rovers)
Scott Banks (returning to Dundee Utd)
Jack Boyle (unknown)
Kevin Nicoll (Stirling Albion)
Aaron Millar (Clydebank)

Potential squad, as things stand:

Mitchell

Cuddihy - Rumsby - Howie - McNiff

McStay - Grant

Johnston - Smith - Syvertsen

Goodwillie

Subs: Duffie, Fitzpatrick, Lamont, Love, Lyon, McGee, Petkov, Rankin, Wallace

3 minutes ago, P.C said:

Do you think its a comfortable step for for him? I dont remember much of him from last season. Thanks

He’ll be fine with good defenders around him. He’s hardly been brilliant this season but we barely had a settled defence before the season stopped. 

If there was a chance of a fee for an immediate transfer during January, I’d rather he’d have left then. He would at least be playing games rather than sitting in the house until June. 

Best of luck to him, he potentially should be ok,  in a better defence. Hope it works for him this time.

I will now no doubt get pelters on here as I’ll put it out there that some of the fans think he is Baresi, and will vote him MOM no matter if we have shipped 4-5 at the back.
In saying that, I’m admit I’m being a bit cheeky guys! He is our best defender, which isn’t hard I suppose , but he has been as much to blame for our horrendous defensive performances this year as anyone.

What  I’m saying is that he is a decent player, absolutely just not as good as he thinks he is but is certainly capable of playing at Championship level. I think would rather we got some compensation now as I’m never convinced players are able to give their best when the subconsciously may protect themselves till they move. Although I do admit Lang does have a good attitude and tends to give 100%.

3 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Best of luck to him, he potentially should be ok,  in a better defence. Hope it works for him this time.

I will now no doubt get pelters on here as I’ll put it out there that some of the fans think he is Baresi, and will vote him MOM no matter if we have shipped 4-5 at the back.
In saying that, I’m admit I’m being a bit cheeky guys! He is our best defender, which isn’t hard I suppose , but he has been as much to blame for our horrendous defensive performances this year as anyone.

What  I’m saying is that he is a decent player, absolutely just not as good as he thinks he is but is certainly capable of playing at Championship level. I think would rather we got some compensation now as I’m never convinced players are able to give their best when the subconsciously may protect themselves till they move. Although I do admit Lang does have a good attitude and tends to give 100%.

Like the sound of the last bit, McGlynn tends to take decent players and work with them to get the best out of them, I'd much prefer a fairly decent player who'll give his all every week than a talented prima donna who only shines when he's in the mood or when there a tv crew there.

Looks like he is a bit of a unit, what would you say his strengths are?

Edited by Scottydog