Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Yeah this is the big worry for me.

If Forfar and East Fife are awarded 3-0 walkovers then we finish bottom and will be relegated having played 8 games!

I'll be surprised if we restart after 3 weeks and unless the season is extended then no way it will be finished. Will end up another farce like the summer.

That would leave us wit ha situation where

a. we would be punished for players becoming ill in a pandemic trying to do their job and

b. the spfl realising that there is a serious pandemic and cutting short the league in case people got ill trying to do their job.

33 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Yeah this is the big worry for me.

If Forfar and East Fife are awarded 3-0 walkovers then we finish bottom and will be relegated having played 8 games!

I'll be surprised if we restart after 3 weeks and unless the season is extended then no way it will be finished. Will end up another farce like the summer.

We would still finish ahead of Forfar as presumably we would get 0.9 points from the postponed Thistle game.

2 hours ago, David W said:

We would still finish ahead of Forfar as presumably we would get 0.9 points from the postponed Thistle game.

You're right :thumsup2

I was thinking, if 2 x 3-0 defeats were given against us, we'd then have "played" the same number of games as Forfar - but I forgot that would mean they would then have 9 points from 11 games, whereas we would have 9 points from 10, and on a points per game basis we would finish ahead of them.

Well done, you've managed to bring a smile to my face - for the first time since the announcement earlier today :).

15 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Can't see Clyde being sanctioned now after seeing Iain Maxwell's response to the Celtic situation*

No case to answer for Celtic even after John Kennedy admited "slip ups" in protocol adherence.

* Correction. We'll be hammered.

Correct. The ugly sisters run Scottish football. Always have always will. Their collective constant moaning about how everything and everyone is against them is a smokescreen.

Can't see Clyde being sanctioned now after seeing Iain Maxwell's response to the Celtic situation*

No case to answer for Celtic even after John Kennedy admited "slip ups" in protocol adherence.

Celtic got back from Dubai a day or two ago and the SFA have already decided no further action is required.

Our postponed games were back in Nov yet they are still investigating it?

On 12/01/2021 at 14:49, Jack Burton said:

Celtic got back from Dubai a day or two ago and the SFA have already decided no further action is required.

Our postponed games were back in Nov yet they are still investigating it?

It does help when your chief exec runs Scottish fitbaw 🙄

On 11/01/2021 at 18:06, haufdaft said:

I see that St Mirren and Kilmarnock have had their 3-0 defeats turned into fines; £10k with £10k suspended. 

In terms of league games, that's a number of times that has happened (e.g. Napoli in Italy had a 3-0 defeat against Juventus turned into a re-arranged tie). Without knowing any details of how we may have erred (if we did), you'd imagine it would now be a financial penalty if anything. 

I see that St Mirren and Kilmarnock have had their 3-0 defeats turned into fines; £10k with £10k suspended. 
In terms of league games, that's a number of times that has happened (e.g. Napoli in Italy had a 3-0 defeat against Juventus turned into a re-arranged tie). Without knowing any details of how we may have erred (if we did), you'd imagine it would now be a financial penalty if anything. 
I wonder if our club would rather accept the 3-0 defeats and keep the fine money.

16 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
36 minutes ago, David W said:

I wonder if our club would rather accept the 3-0 defeats and keep the fine money.

Accept the defeat v East Fife and then play Forfar IMO.

Hi guys, think I forgot to share with you that Tom Lang features in the latest issue of Stonewaller Mag. Talks at length about his time with Clyde, modelling, fashion and his upbringing 

Here is the link to it if you are looking for it. 

https://www.stonewallermag.co.uk/product-page/stonewaller-magazine-number-2

Cheers x

Jay Henderson's loan spell has ended and he's in his way back to St Mirren.

Danny Lennon is quoted on the OS as saying "He didn't get as much game time as he hoped and that was more down to me and the system we wanted to play, rather than him"

Why then take him in loan?

Surely you sign loan players for your desired formation.

We've signed plenty of wingers and then quickly realised that we are better playing down the middle of the pitch, with the players in question quickly relegated to the bench. Eddie Ferns, Darren Smith, Adam Martin, Ross Lyon, Gregg Wylde, possibly even Chris Johnston (although he does play inside more often than not). Even Scott Banks didn't really fit in for most of his loan spell. I can only assume we got him cheap because of DL's connection to St Mirren.

Henderson had a bit of pace and trickery but would only ever go on the outside. He'll not make a career at any sort of a level unless he adds a bit more variety to his game.

Sums up our season so far I suppose. He played about 40 mins of football for us, not his fault I know. But I’m totally scunnered with this season, it could just go into hibernation till next August as far as I’m concerned.  Lost all interest in football just now!