Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

19 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

I do agree that we have had a poor record in getting good loan players through the door compared to other clubs in the same divisions as us. Montrose are a good example, they always seem to have two or three loanees that make a real difference to their team.

You could argue we done that last January bringing in Livingstone and Cunningham (and Lang I suppose but we already knew his qualities) even though it took a few games for us to see a difference. 

6 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

God forbid we ever find ourselves in the L2 relegation play off in the future, they’d probably put us in the Highland League if we lost. 

Assuming Ayr come through the Elgin tie we will lose, and on the off chance Elgin come through, we will lose.

Both would be tough opponents. Elgin thumped us last season 3-0 at Borough Briggs. Kane Hester is very quick, can turn defences and a natural finisher. 

Ayr are clearly a strong Championship side.

Saying that a strong Clyde performance and you've got a good chance 👍

God forbid we ever find ourselves in the L2 relegation play off in the future, they’d probably put us in the Highland League if we lost. 

Assuming Ayr come through the Elgin tie we will lose, and on the off chance Elgin come through, we will lose.

Another couple of 19 year old loans and the cup is ours.

Lloyd Robertson is of a similar age and profile to Munro and, frankly, I can't see this signing panning out any differently to that of the former. Whatever money we are giving these guys (unless they are on literal pennies and are regarded ones for the future) would be best saved and used on trying to immediately improve what is a pretty poor squad overall, given our current circumstances. It probably tells a story that after his mediocre spell with Stenny last season he wasn't loaned out again, either to them or another side. May he confound my belief in his ability!

Some really good youngsters coming through the ranks and the club have been monitoring them closely with the new scouting team in place, most are U19 and U17, 16,17,18yrs old, the 19's beating Club Academy Scotland sides Alloa Athletic 3-1 and Stirling Albion 6-3 recently,  Covid bubble and restrictions on grassroots football have slowed this down, but the management are aware of the talent coming through, be patient folks.

Some really good youngsters coming through the ranks and the club have been monitoring them closely with the new scouting team in place, most are U19 and U17, 16,17,18yrs old, the 19's beating Club Academy Scotland sides Alloa Athletic 3-1 and Stirling Albion 6-3 recently,  Covid bubble and restrictions on grassroots football have slowed this down, but the management are aware of the talent coming through, be patient folks.

Reading this I couldn’t help hearing a Karen Dunbar character in my head. (Younger readers ask your folks.)

Scottish FA Board confirms three-week suspension of professional football beneath SPFL Championship | Scottish FA

I have not read all of this yet, but

we will have around 14 weeks to play around 19 league games plus Scottish cup ties. Assuming of course that 3 weeks is enough and it isn't extended. Implications are 

1. An extension would mean players essentially starting again after an extended break - fitness implications

2. If weather is bad Feb/Mar then timetable becomes very squeezed

3. Could they call the league again? Would that mean Forfar down and Clyde in play offs? QP up and what about Brechin and LL again? O r do they write it all off? Peterhead have played three games more than Clyde and two more than Dumbarton. Falkirk one more than Airdrie.

Messy again. Could be a repeat of last year and as far as I know they did not agree any rules for an incomplete season (not even 50% yet).

Scottish cup - we would not play until early Feb at earliest - are the rest waiting for us?

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

I actually think we should just stop now. Put players back on furlough where possible, use the Govt grant for fixed costs.

This could get very messy trying to call leagues with fewer than 50% of games played.

I will go back to my suggestion of last year - merge L1 and L2 for one season. At the end of 2021/22 the top 10 stay in L1 and all others into L2.

Where does this leave our Covid situation if the Leagues are then called ? 
We have still heard absolutely nothing regarding that outcome, and could end up with us in the relegation spot. 
Yeah this is the big worry for me.

If Forfar and East Fife are awarded 3-0 walkovers then we finish bottom and will be relegated having played 8 games!

I'll be surprised if we restart after 3 weeks and unless the season is extended then no way it will be finished. Will end up another farce like the summer.