Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

17 minutes ago, Passionate said:

My big concern is , the new variant has been around for 2 months, the government and scientists were aware etc,    Why were the gov and devolved govs happy for us to have a 5 day free for all at Christmas with little restrictions on place,   This apparent runaway train has been coming and if it wasn't for relative last ditch interventions by Gov medical advisors etc and scientists, we are staying oblivion straight in the face here,    Why were they prepared to throw us all under a bus,   Herd Immunity or looking for somebody to blame as in the great British tax payer...

Berwick Rangers one of my favourite awaydays, hopefully you have bottomed out and gradually fight your way back up...

We are not supposed to get out of it. What we are seeing is a desecration of society. Again as mentioned this is about far more than a virus.

To provide some context I was in a country very recently with on average 2 deaths per week(Covid), mandatory face masks in/outdoors. Comply fully or face a huge fine/prison. Based on a whole two deaths per week?

Edited by TheBigGuy

If the 2 loan players are injured for any period of time we should put them back and replace.

Positive reading the chairman’s message and not the usual we get from John Taylor(which isn’t a criticism btw). We absolutely need 3/4 players beywen defence and midfield. 

I didn't see it as completely positive.

Looks like we had allowed ourselves to get into serious financial trouble even before the pandemic hit.

Only the Celtic cup draw, donations and government grants kept our heads above water.

I think we'll be heading back to an austerity approach in short to middle term.

In saying that, I'm glad that the club's future looks secure.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I didn't see it as completely positive.

Looks like we had allowed ourselves to get into serious financial trouble even before the pandemic hit.

Only the Celtic cup draw, donations and government grants kept our heads above water.

I think we'll be heading back to an austerity approach in short to middle term.

In saying that, I'm glad that the club's future looks secure.

I think the unfortunate situation is that financially we are a League 2 side. We have a set up that doesn’t enable us to take advantage of a stadium to earn much needed extra income which, if we did, would provide the funds to operate sustainably and obviously sign better players. Unfortunately there just isn’t a clear route out of our current situation. We will continue to rely on hard core fans  and hope for the odd good cup tie. What we do need to do though is play the long game and work in the local community. I know the club has being doing this, but it’s been lacking in the past. Publicising intentions to leave certainly won’t have helped. We need to accept our situation, work in the community to raise our profile and just maybe, in 10,15 or 20 years time we’ll have generated enough interest and support to be sustainable in higher leagues. Grim ? Yes, probably, but I really think that’s where we are. The big issue of course is that working in the community takes resource. In our situation that means volunteers. 
A difficult situation. Wouldn’t it be great if one of us won the Euro Millions lottery ! 

Unfortunately unless we get a sugar daddy like a some other clubs then we will be stuck in Broadwood with no revenue streams. On the other hand we dont want a millionaire who in turn give us short term success with huge debt (gretna) and kill the club.
We ideally need someone to fund a new smaller stadium we can gain money from like others have said but the likelihood of that is slim to nill.

I sincerely hope that on the other side we dont take up that debt again £160k ffs is mental for a small club like ourselves

Did we not refurbish the Arrira lounge for the exact purpose of making money from the ground? I'm not familiar with the deal with NLC but the place should have been packed out all of last season. Instead we've turned into a club house for executive members.

Could we not also hire that out during the week and at weekends? I went to a few birthday parties in Broadwood back in the day.

We used to get told all the time that Annan made £200k just from their bar and now we have one of our own, we can't make anything?

Did we not also take over running of the pie stalls and can sell trackside advertising.

The one thing we can't do is rent out the pitch but then we don't have to pay to replace it either.

The majority of other clubs that own their stadiums Dumbarton, East Fife, Stenhousemuir etc aren't exactly awash with cash. You've got all the maintenance on the stadium which we don't have to pay and we wouldn't have made anywhere near as much money from the Celtic game if we had a small stadium.

1 minute ago, BW Charlie said:

Was it Chris that got booked for celebrating by doing a belly flop with the players in stoppage time when we scored the winner at Berwick in the promotion season ?

It was indeed. A great moment!