Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

50 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

We beat Keith with Smart Osadolor up front last time. If we can’t do it with Goodie and the rest of this team behind him we should just chuck the rest of this season. 

Problem is that anyone can score against us right now. I’d bet they will score at least 1 which puts pressure on us right away. Look at QP tonight. Dominated the game from start to finish and still conceded and needed extra time. We need to go out with the attitude that we need to score 2 or 3 to get anything cause we can’t defend. So we’re chasing the game as soon as it starts. Lennon needs to do what he did when he first came in and concentrate on the defence. Thankfully Forfar being so shit gives us a chance. He needs to use that chance otherwise our goal difference, points total and confidence will be fecked. 

9 hours ago, KieranClyde said:

Goodie played aswell, c**t got sent off for stamping on him and nearly started a riot between the dozen Clyde fans who made it and the 22 local farmers. 

Yeh Goodie was playing, but the rest were Chapman's shitfest of a team. In fact I think Chaoman only lasted a couple of games after this tie.

Keith are possibly the worst team I have ever seen play Clyde in the Cup. Even if they have improved since last time, we should have more than enough to go through, with a couple to spare.

51 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Yeh Goodie was playing, but the rest were Chapman's shitfest of a team. In fact I think Chaoman only lasted a couple of games after this tie.

Keith are possibly the worst team I have ever seen play Clyde in the Cup. Even if they have improved since last time, we should have more than enough to go through, with a couple to spare.

Wasn't at the Keith game but Gala Fairydean were fairly honking. They're probably my worst. 

I dare say Keith's manager will be watching some of our highlights from this year and rubbing his hands together. Real banana skin this when we're conceding goals left, right and centre. 

Remember being at the Kieth game. One of those games where you knew we were going to score and when it came at the start of the 2nd half there was only going to be one winner. Sure they got a player sent off and we got another 2 after it. Same result this time would be nice. Get one of the old firm at Broadwood in the next round and almost be guaranteed tv money.

47 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Any information or match report regarding this game? As far as the internet is concerned it never even happened!

The QP game ? Finished Dundonald Bluebell 1 QP 3 AET. Was played at Kelty. QP scored just after half time and Dundonald equalised right at the death. QP should have been out of sight to be fair. Only 1 winner when it went into extra time unfortunately. Simon Murray however was guilty of a quite incredible miss in front of an open goal from 6 yards out. 

On 27/12/2020 at 13:36, BrigtonClyde said:

We're obviously shipping too many goals & making it far too easy for the opposition.  At least at this stage due to the nature of the league it's not left us adrift at the bottom of the league but it needs nipped in the bud now, so maybe time to go 3 at the back, Lang, Howie & Rumsby.  Bain & Shiels the two FB's with the centre midfield something like Lamont, Palmer & Cuddihy, leave two up to occupy their defence.    I don't think Danny's keen on the 3-5-2 but he needs to get back to basics a little bit, tighten it up.  That would likely make us a little bit more solid and potentially get an extra body into midfield that's been a problem area.

He's right in saying we need more consistency but that starts by being harder to beat.  I think he's using a system to try & accommodate certain players but needs to be pragmatic.  Ideally I'd like Goodie, Norway, Cunningham and Love in the same team for the goals, but you'd need a solid back 4 and two commanding CM's for that.  We'd still have good options off the bench, I'd add Johnson to that who can cause defences a lot of problems last 20 minutes or so, but at least we'd have something to build on in a game, increase confidence a bit which must be taking a hit. 

Still think we've a decent squad for this level but he needs to get the balance right, and he's changing the line up pretty much every week....and that's also including the fact that one minute a player's playing, the next not even in the squad, though maybe there's injuries or whatever that weren't mentioned in the pre-match.

AFAIK we don't have the resources to make huge changes in January so you have to make the best of what you've got, which as I say I think's decent, just need to get the best formation out of it.   Just draw a line under the season so far, set small initial targets, don't lose the next 5 games, build from there.  They've got the quality to do it imho.

Do you? I confess I've only ever watched your games against ourselves, and the highlights from last weekend's game, but every time I've seen you play you look an absolute gang. You're never going to be hard to beat with a defence that look like they belong in a Laurel & Hardy film. 

Who would get a game for another side in this league, with the exception of Forfar? Goodwillie obviously would were it not for his exceptional circumstances. Mitchell would on reputation alone at least, even though he seems to chuck at least one in every time he plays Airdrie. Palmer and Cunningham are okay. And Bain is a fairly mediocre league one right-back who could probably play for any side in the bottom half of the league, but he's not a difference maker either way. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement or a squad that's anywhere close to being decent for this level. You better hope for some reinforcements in January or Goodwillie to dig you out of more holes because you look fucked if he doesn't. 

4 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Do you? I confess I've only ever watched your games against ourselves, and the highlights from last weekend's game, but every time I've seen you play you look an absolute gang. You're never going to be hard to beat with a defence that look like they belong in a Laurel & Hardy film. 

Who would get a game for another side in this league, with the exception of Forfar? Goodwillie obviously would were it not for his exceptional circumstances. Mitchell would on reputation alone at least, even though he seems to chuck at least one in every time he plays Airdrie. Palmer and Cunningham are okay. And Bain is a fairly mediocre league one right-back who could probably play for any side in the bottom half of the league, but he's not a difference maker either way. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement or a squad that's anywhere close to being decent for this level. You better hope for some reinforcements in January or Goodwillie to dig you out of more holes because you look fucked if he doesn't. 

I’ve seen every game unfortunately and you are 100% correct, no matter how we try to explain it away or try to convince ourselves otherwise we are dreadful and defend like total amateurs. Its a relegation side written all over it. We’ve seen plenty of them an know exactly what it looks like. 

The only light is Goodwillie, obviously and the fact we are not detached. Mitchell is, as we know an excellent keeper and can’t be as bad as last week again. We need, somehow to try to move on at least 3 players to replace with better... an experienced CH and proper midfield player (I’m beyond dreaming of decent fullbacks) easier said than done but that is where Lennon is supposed to earn his corn!

I'm seriously worried about the club as a whole right now as are many fans of other clubs tbh but even if we stay up and see out this season. Will we be able to compete next season?
How much will the budget have to be cut again?
Is the club near the verge?

It doesn't look good and Lennon has f**k all to work with and no money to bring anyone in by the sounds of it

We’ve recalled a keeper from his loan at BSC Glasgow, we’ve seen this script before.
David Wilson, don't think he will be able to feature for us until the January transfer window opens.

It's crazy that we have 4 keepers anyway Mitchell, Vajs, Wilson and McGee.

I'm seriously worried about the club as a whole right now as are many fans of other clubs tbh but even if we stay up and see out this season. Will we be able to compete next season?
How much will the budget have to be cut again?
Is the club near the verge?

It doesn't look good and Lennon has f**k all to work with and no money to bring anyone in by the sounds of it
We should be getting around £150k as a grant which will keep us ticking over this season.

The Oxford vaccine has been approved today but would be surprised if we get any fans allowed in this season. Next season would really depend on what league we are in and if there are still restrictions on crowds.

I've not enjoyed this season at all, it's just not the same watching a stream of the games. I believe we are only averaging about 400 streams per game which isn't much of a surprise. If you are going to the games then more likely to buy a programme, lottery ticket or visit the Arrira lounge. None of that will help our budget.

We really need to stay in this division there is a significant difference in crowds and prize money plus you have all the teams from the Lowland and Highland coming up and throwing money around which would make it difficult to get back out of league 2.

I take it I’m not the only one who thinks that watching from home (whilst I appreciate the lengths clubs all over Scotland have gone to) makes it not feel like ‘real’ football? Honestly, I’ve found myself not caring anywhere close to as much as if I was there. Not out of not caring for the club, I just can’t really seem to make it matter the same way.

I can’t get into it at all. Not watched a match since Peterhead game whereas had supporters been allowed into the ground I probably wouldn’t have missed a match since then. Continuing to put money into the club via the likes of 1877 Rewards, Bully Wee Fund etc but can’t get into it at all. Doesn’t feel like we’ve got football back at all. No enjoyment whatsoever this season & very little interest. 

Just can’t wait for this to all be over & hoping we are still in league one when supporters are allowed to return. 

I take it I’m not the only one who thinks that watching from home (whilst I appreciate the lengths clubs all over Scotland have gone to) makes it not feel like ‘real’ football? Honestly, I’ve found myself not caring anywhere close to as much as if I was there. Not out of not caring for the club, I just can’t really seem to make it matter the same way.
I'm exactly the same.

It's not helped by being unable to identify which player is on the ball.

With regard to the new players and players with similar haircuts, I've genuinely no idea how individual players are performing during a match.

There's not really anything we can do about it as pixellot is what is financially doable for the club.

It really is a very poor substitute for attending the match.

Perhaps the club should invest in different coloured water polo caps for the players. That may help.

Feel the exact same. Win or lose it just doesn't matter as much at the moment. I often find myself checking my coupons on my phone rather than paying attention to the game which I rarely do at Broadwood. Doesn't help that it is difficult at times to tell the players apart and your restricted to the view from the camera rather than being able to see the whole pitch.

A big part of going to the Clyde games, for me, is catching up with friends and having pre or post game pint. It's not the same using WhatsApp, Zoom etc to watch the game together.

I always thought it was daft starting the football back at our level without crowds almost every team will be running at a loss.