Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

43 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Surprised Middleton isnt out getting first team football somewhere. I watched a Scotland 21s game recently where he came on as a sub and was superb. 

@G511 gave you the best answer.  However, if I managed a mid Premiership to top Championship club I'd pick him up and play him through the middle.  He may not be physical but he is pacey and has an eye for goal - as we saw tonight.

BTW your colts have come on to a game after a ropey start.  They look a decent outfit.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

@G511 gave you the best answer.  However, if I managed a mid Premiership to top Championship club I'd pick him up and play him through the middle.  He may not be physical but he is pacey and has an eye for goal - as we saw tonight.

BTW your colts have come on to a game after a ropey start.  They look a decent outfit.

It's actually our first team although started several changes from what we would usually play. 

Edited by C. Muir

3 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I fucked it with that post as I remembered we actually made a fair few changes, but aye it is still our first team squad. 

Is that you're regular keeper?

If this was a training game there'd be a shout of 'swap goalies' to even things up.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Is that you're regular keeper?

If this was a training game there'd be a shout of 'swap goalies' to even things up.

The only player that should be starting on Saturday who started today was Cameron Palmer, who is on loan from Rangers. Possibly one of the two centre halves at a push. The four subs we have brought on will all be starting but two of them in totally different positions to where they're playing here.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

😎 I didn't know...In that case they're shite.

Yeh, but we don’t have the financial strength of Rule Britannia behind us. You should really stop singing that btw given that we’re now the basket case of the world. Even our former colonies aren’t interested. Catch up guys.,

2 minutes ago, sydney said:

Yeh, but we don’t have the financial strength of Rule Britannia behind us. You should really stop singing that btw given that we’re now the basket case of the world. Even our former colonies aren’t interested. Catch up guys.,

No need, mate, we're discussing the Glasgow Cup match.

But feel welcome to catch up with me a couple of times a month on the politics forum - usually after midnight when I've had a dram.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

No need, mate, we're discussing the Glasgow Cup match.

But feel welcome to catch up with me a couple of times a month on the politics forum - usually after midnight when I've had a dram.

Haha, naw you’re ok there. Something else for you to chew over though. We were a top Championship club until our financial problems emerged. More than a decade later we are still trying to recover, having had to pay our way out of the problem. That’s  why we’re not quite as good as we could be. 
if we were liquidated, there would have been no shoehorning a new Clyde into the Scottish leagues. 

Don’t agree with those saying tonight’s game was a waste of time.We learned that Danny Lennon should send Josh Jack back to St Mirren,he swans round the park and offers absolutely nothing.Did we have a  trialist at left back on in the first half? If so he should never be allowed entry to Broadwood unless he pays his way in.
Some good youngsters in that Rangers team.

2 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Don’t agree with those saying tonight’s game was a waste of time.We learned that Danny Lennon should send Josh Jack back to St Mirren,he swans round the park and offers absolutely nothing.Did we have a  trialist at left back on in the first half? If so he should never be allowed entry to Broadwood unless he pays his way in.

Can’t argue with you about Jack. He’s played a few times now and I think the thing I can say about him is that I don’t even notice him. The game seems to pass him by. 
As for tonight, there were a few first team goals players who didn’t do themselves any favours. Don’t they see what Goodwillie offers when he comes on and think ‘I should do that’ ? I’m not talking about ability, I’m talking about determination and desire. Syvertsen tonight was shocking. Lost the ball and couldn’t be arsed. That’s how it looked to me anyway. 

18 minutes ago, sydney said:

Haha, naw you’re ok there. Something else for you to chew over though. We were a top Championship club until our financial problems emerged. More than a decade later we are still trying to recover, having had to pay our way out of the problem. That’s  why we’re not quite as good as we could be. 
if we were liquidated, there would have been no shoehorning a new Clyde into the Scottish leagues. 

These sort of shenanigans really should not be new to a club who tried to take over Hamilton Accies in the 1960s but, again, we have a massive thread for this shite.

15 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Leon King was a stand-out.  Very comfortable with the ball as a defender.  The older Hogarth brother was excellent in goal and made the difference between the teams.

On 22/12/2020 at 21:49, shawfield shed boy said:

Just take Goodie aff. Few wild challenges on him. Put Vajis up front. We.ll play wae a bac

Sounds like we were better off with that other keeper David Wilson

On 22/12/2020 at 21:49, shawfield shed boy said:

Sounds like we were better off with that other keeper d   p