Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

7 minutes ago, BWAClyde said:

Anyone know why Mitchell was out the team?

Self isolating.

15 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Take it Fahey was the trialist keeper yesterday?

McGee was our sub goalie yesterday. Didn’t see who the trialist was unfortunately.

3 hours ago, KieranClyde said:

Just wish the_bully_wee would hurry up and dish his phone number out man, choking for a chat. 

Kieran, since you've tried to obtain it much more respectfully and less-creepily than hounding some poor random bloke who isn't me on Facebook, PM me and I'd be delighted to give you it. The same goes for anyone else who doesn't first accost poor maccanee!

12 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

McGee was our sub goalie yesterday. Didn’t see who the trialist was unfortunately.

Probably fortunately rather than unfortunately if he couldn't even get on the park ahead of some of the rabble that were.

1 hour ago, Clydeontheup said:

Slim pickings I know but how the feck did Lang get third place in motm vote

Because he's popular mostly.

It was pretty slim pickings for 3rd spot to be fair. I went for Shiels as he kept Morrison quiet and didnt do much wrong, but that generally doesn't draw you many plaudits.

5 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

Who do you think was better? Apart from Norway & Goodie.

As I said slim pickings. But someone who didn’t cause a goal , miss a sitter and waste possession with nice looking but aimless punts. So , Cuddihy cost two goals , Rumbsby and Lang cost the third , so apart from dgw and Norway , I would actually go with Josh Jack who looked fine when he came on.

The 2nd & 3rd goals on Saturday were obviously poor defensively from set piece corners, although the 2nd wasn't helped by the keeper starting to come for it, then stopping and going back.  The first goal is more in line with what I've seen in other games & maybe a little bit down to inexperience.  The midfielders need to be shown that when out of possession their main task is to mark their opposite number.  They sometimes get drawn towards the ball too easily which leaves loads of space for the opposition, it was happening against Montrose & a few others.  The Falkirk lad took it well but should never have had that amount of room.  It's just basic, nothing really to do with tactics, just a little bit of coaching likely make a big difference.

Personally I still think we'll be OK.  We've goals in the team, usually the defence is pretty reliable, decent enough on the ball.  But they need to tighten up the marking in midfield as it's making it a bit too easy for the opposition to play through at times.  Pick up your man, problem solved

The 2nd & 3rd goals on Saturday were obviously poor defensively from set piece corners, although the 2nd wasn't helped by the keeper starting to come for it, then stopping and going back.  The first goal is more in line with what I've seen in other games & maybe a little bit down to inexperience.  The midfielders need to be shown that when out of possession their main task is to mark their opposite number.  They sometimes get drawn towards the ball too easily which leaves loads of space for the opposition, it was happening against Montrose & a few others.  The Falkirk lad took it well but should never have had that amount of room.  It's just basic, nothing really to do with tactics, just a little bit of coaching likely make a big difference.

Personally I still think we'll be OK.  We've goals in the team, usually the defence is pretty reliable, decent enough on the ball.  But they need to tighten up the marking in midfield as it's making it a bit too easy for the opposition to play through at times.  Pick up your man, problem solved

Makes you wonder if it's so simple why are they not doing it. Why are the management team not instructing them to?

I suspect our defensive/midfield troubles maybe run deeper than that. Basically a lack of midfielder talent for this level.

I was kinda distracted while I watched us v Falkirk on Saturday and the 3 0 was not much more then we deserved, I thought.

However on watching the highlights, I know they're our highlights and they might not be an accurate reflection but I think on another day we could have taken or nicked something.

All of the goals were gifts. Falkirk are decent but didn't work us too hard for any of them. The 2nd choice keeper literally did not make a save!  We could have had 1 or even 2 penalties.  DGW was unlucky with the offside. Good chance fell to Lang who is not a natural finisher. Telford made an unbelievable goal line clearance. Jack could have scored 1 of his 2 chances at the end.  Norway looks more like a player each week.

We're not going to win this league but comfortable mid table should not be impossible.

Merry Christmas and I'll go back on the sherry.