Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

13 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Cammy Palmer signed. Seems to have been okay for Thistle last year.

Couple of Thistle fans I asked said they quite liked him and would've liked to keep him after his loan with them expired. Seems a bit more defensive minded. I liked our midfield shape against Thistle though so interesting to see who (if anyone) drops out.

I actually taught Cameron when he was in S1 which makes me feel incredibly old. Wasn't allowed to pick him in the school team because of his Rangers commitments. I am pleased I'm finally getting the benefit of his footballing ability.

As such I actually watched out for him a bit when we played Thistle last summer and in a couple of their games on telly. I think he'll fit right in. Not scared to put in a tackle and won't give the ball away.

8 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Question for you bully wee fans,   How did you rate Stuart Millar as a coach or manager,  he seems to be part of our coaching team and is now in the dug out on a saturday,  personally it gives me the fear...   Thoughts please

Your fears are justified. Don't need to say much more! 

Question for you bully wee fans,   How did you rate Stuart Millar as a coach or manager,  he seems to be part of our coaching team and is now in the dug out on a saturday,  personally it gives me the fear...   Thoughts please

We’ve had our fair share of clowns in charge over the past couple of decades. He was by far the worst.

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

Loved him as a player. 

Was manager when we lost 8-1 to at the time very poor Montrose side.

Utterly clueless.

4 hours ago, Passionate said:

Not doubting that he tried his best but he was absolutely hopeless and signed guys who wouldnt be in the starting XI for an amateur team in all honesty.

Other than the 8-1 game which fortunately I didn’t witness , he was in charge during the Away game against Albion Rovers, without doubt the worst performance I have seen in 50 years of supporting Clyde and that is obviously saying something! 

Other than the 8-1 game which fortunately I didn’t witness , he was in charge during the Away game against Albion Rovers, without doubt the worst performance I have seen in 50 years of supporting Clyde and that is obviously saying something! 
Yes recall that game at Coatbrig. Players fighting with fans at HT. Montrose game was one of my lowest feelings in 35 yr H&A walking out of Links park that day

Millar was invited back as a guest (wrongly in my opinion regardless of his playing career) and didnt speak well or show any class

No luck

19 hours ago, Passionate said:

I thought he was Director of Football at Airdrie? Maybe he's pulling a Craig Levein.

He was awful as a manager, but that could have been a symptom of the general state of the club at that time. He actually spoke quite fondly of the club on a podcast I listened to recently with Matty Flynn, so although I found him to be arrogant when he was in charge he got some brownie points back for that.

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I thought he was Director of Football at Airdrie? Maybe he's pulling a Craig Levein.

He was awful as a manager, but that could have been a symptom of the general state of the club at that time. He actually spoke quite fondly of the club on a podcast I listened to recently with Matty Flynn, so although I found him to be arrogant when he was in charge he got some brownie points back for that.

Neither saw him at The Arria nor heard the podcast, but he was only one of the scrapings from the bottom of that particular barrel...Cowboy. Hendry, Brown, Watt, Bob Malcolm (temporary) Ferguson and Chapman.

Liked him as a player though.

55 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Neither saw him at The Arria nor heard the podcast, but he was only one of the scrapings from the bottom of that particular barrel...Cowboy. Hendry, Brown, Watt, Bob Malcolm (temporary) Ferguson and Chapman.

Liked him as a player though.

Should do a where are they now?

On 01/11/2020 at 15:08, Passionate said:

I thought the squad that year was good enough to be comfortable in the bottom league, wasn’t a fantastic squad but I wouldn’t say we had a team on paper that would have been rock bottom of the league but aye horrendous season.