Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

21 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Asking for a pal here who is a wee bit short o cash & wants to come up to Glasgow soon hopefully maybe taking in a game if were allowed and he can manage to raise the admission funds...

So was wondering if anyone knows if the megabus still runs from the south of england & if there is anyway of avoiding the 50p booking fee, like a discount code or something would be great for him

Probably not the thread to post this on but is Clyde related

Many Thanks
SSB

If your mate is finding things tough at the moment (and who isn't?)  I've got a couple of suggestions. I've not actually tried any of these, so can't vouch for their likely success or otherwise.

1 Show up at the Megabus pick up point. Avoiding any eye contact approach the oldest person the queue and insist on taking their hand luggage onboard for them. When you get them settled, hide in the toilet until you think the coast is clear and re-emerge sitting equidistant between the driver and your luggage provider looking out the window of feigning sleep.

2 The pesky booking fee is only for passengers, so if you package yourself in a (large) hold-all you can go toll free.

3 If you have a 3rd mate who is a Megabus driver you can borrow his (or her, cos we do need to be inclusive) uniform and make like you're a back up driver. But once you take your seat, start drinking from a concealed bottle of vermouth. No one will ask you to take the wheel.

4 Befriend a supporter of the opposition team, (ideally a big team who should not be in this league and is only here due to the corrupt nature of Clyde and the likes of Brechin) and then link with them on Facebook or grindr.  You can then get to watch our live stream and share it  on the aforementioned platform and save the 50p booking fee, although you, or more accurately, your mate must remember to unfriendl the Thi*le fans unless you find other common ground. 

I hope this is helpful to you or your pal.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC

On 19/10/2020 at 14:34, shawfield shed boy said:

Asking for a pal here who is a wee bit short o cash & wants to come up to Glasgow soon hopefully maybe taking in a game if were allowed and he can manage to raise the admission funds...

So was wondering if anyone knows if the megabus still runs from the south of england & if there is anyway of avoiding the 50p booking fee, like a discount code or something would be great for him

Probably not the thread to post this on but is Clyde related

Many Thanks
SSB

Tell your mate to try bancodobrasil or sambadejaneiro . Tell him we'll pay for the round when he's up and we'll speak to the club about him getting in for free again 👍

15 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Tell your mate to try bancodobrasil or sambadejaneiro . Tell him we'll pay for the round when he's up and we'll speak to the club about him getting in for free again 👍

I’m interested in how people get in for free. Nobody gets in at the moment. What relevance does that comment have in the current closed doors climate? As for paying for a round, well 2 half shandies and a Campari won’t set you back too much in The Winds. 

Just wee update. Firstly thanks to everyone for the interest and concerm in my previous post through PMs and posts...

My friend should be up once his Bank of Scotland Super squirrel passbook account will allow him to remove enough funds to cover the "advanced" mega bus fare ..

Our final concern due to recent regulations & for those ITK , Is whether he will be allowed to bring on a couple packets of poundland sandwiches and a copy of the Glasweigan to break up the journey on public bus now ?! Simply to pass the time as oppose to wasting other peoples time..

Kind Regards

SSB

6 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Just wee update. Firstly thanks to everyone for the interest and concerm in my previous post through PMs and posts...

My friend should be up once his Bank of Scotland Super squirrel passbook account will allow him to remove enough funds to cover the "advanced" mega bus fare ..

Our final concern due to recent regulations & for those ITK , Is whether he will be allowed to bring on a couple packets of poundland sandwiches and a copy of the Glasweigan to break up the journey on public bus now ?! Simply to pass the time as oppose to wasting other peoples time..

Kind Regards

SSB

Have you a Top Tip for bargain price mature cheddar this month? 

Did we get a final figure for the number of PPV's from Thistle game? The previous post seems a smaller number than I would have expected - did Thistle fans really not want to see their team? I will happily pay to watch any away game - costs less and saves the petrol!

Edited by chas
spelling!

2 hours ago, chas said:

Did we get a final figure for the number of PPV's from Thistle game? The previous post seems a smaller number than I would have expected - did Thistle fans really not want to see their team? I will happily pay to watch any away game - costs less and saves the petrol!

Thistle fan on the match thread said 300+ watched a live link that someone put on Facebook 

4 minutes ago, Tartan Pants said:

That works out at £10860.00, is that split 50/50 between both clubs?

Dont think so as it's our home game and our service. I might be wrong but I'd imagine we will be paying a fee or subscription to pixellot and the rest is ours.

Edit: just checked the owners forum. All the income from home games is ours.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse