Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Pretty poor performance tonight. Struggled to build up any real number of passes.

The new keeper looked poor until he made a couple of good blocks late on.

Chris Johnston looked decent when he came on, and Bain did more going forward in his short appearance than Robertson managed in the whole game. Very few positives though.

I’m assuming that team was picked with an eye towards the league starting. Difficult to take much from the game, it was played like a friendly really but we certainly created very little. Then again, with Howie in midfield, were we ever going to? The new and unnecessary goalie looked okay. Quite big chap.

We seemed to do okay first half passing the ball through the pitch (didn't see first 10), then shipped an awful goal from a punt over Rumsby's head which was well converted. Falkirk will feel the same about the one we scored. Starting the second half like that is criminal though and Cuddihy, who had another decent game, has had a wee shirt-pull at players in the box before. We didn't really get back into the match after that, didn't keep the ball and Falkirk could have won by more.

Goalie did fine but looked clumsy. I don't think he is clumsy, I think he just looks it.  A couple of excellent saves and his distribution was good. The drop off from McNiff/Lang to Rumsby/Lang is stark.

Howie in midfield.... Not for me, but we probably wanted him to get a start. I know Robertson played right back for Aberdeen; I thought he was solid in an Iain Gray sort of way. Shiels does some stuff really well, looks like a footballer, then randomly scuffs the ball fifty feet in the air. I can see why we've signed him as he might be decent by the end of the campaign, with a few blips on the way (almost certainly against Peterhead). High ceiling, low floor. Probably benefits him if the crowds don't come back any time soon.

Goodwillie was excellent. Lamont and Love were invisible. Cunningham good first half but nowhere second. Bain and Johnston could have got us a point. I really hope Syvertsen is fit to start soon.

All things considered, we've played a full-time side and made half-a-team of changes. Won't ever start that team again. I think we're well set up for Saturday.

The Falkirk TV production was absolute rubbish. Multiple cameras, all showing the same angle is just bizarre.

Edited by David W

A pretty flat performance from us especially in the second half. Some strange choices too Howie in midfield with Robertson at right back. New keeper looked fine but a strange signing. Think Bain looks good at right back and was linking up well with Johnston.

Falkirk deserved to win but don't think they were anywhere near as commanding as the commentators made out and really only started creating chances when we were chasing the game.

Commentators were really poor if you are going to provide commentary then it needs to be unbiased as possible and would expect them to do some research on the opposition. The only Clyde players they really mentioned was Goodwillie and Johnston. We were also throwing the kitchen sink at them when bringing on two defenders. Based on that would rather have Pixellot too.

Commentators were really poor if you are going to provide commentary then it needs to be unbiased as possible and would expect them to do some research on the opposition.

I agree.

Even though it's Falkirk TV they have to take into account the away fans that have paid to view

It wouldn't be such an issue if away fans could see the match any other way.

I do wonder if we've added an extra keeper in case we get hit by coronavirus at some point. There's already been a few examples of teams being left with one or even no keepers.

If they're all training together it might make little difference but, assuming his wage is next to nothing, maybe we're just hedging out bets.

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I’m assuming that team was picked with an eye towards the league starting. Difficult to take much from the game, it was played like a friendly really but we certainly created very little. Then again, with Howie in midfield, were we ever going to? The new and unnecessary goalie looked okay. Quite big chap.

My MOM 

7 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Didn’t watch it tonight but there’s no chance I’d pay £10 to listen to those two that commentate for Falkirk. 

It was different folk from that comedy pairing last season. They were equally as horrific though.

4 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

It was different folk from that comedy pairing last season. They were equally as horrific though.

Much the same style but, best laugh was Keena’s foul on Lang, they saw the ref with his yellow card out, one of them said I’ve seen a red card given for that, paused for a minute then said he’s booking Keena.

Our commentators are brutal aye, thankfully only one of them will be making a regular appearance. He'll be teaming up with a former player every week. Never heard so many requests for Connor Sammon to be subbed on in ma puff.

Club put out a statement this morning regarding the streaming https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/10/14/club-statement-16/

If you weren't able to watch the game after paying then they're wanting you to contact the club via phone or email on that statement.