Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

46 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Crawford is saying that we ''received a bid from Clyde''. Must've paid a fee for him, not sure how much but I don't think we would've been hard to deal with, as Crawford clearly didn't want him for whatever reason.

Played one challenge cup game for us. I've still not seen the guy play but always got good reviews from league 1 clubs fans. Strange signing that turned out to be for us. 

Was probably a promise for Clyde to mantelpiece Falkirk again this season.

41 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Absolutely buzzing with that signing never expected it at all! 

This is my only question/fear about this, we've got one side talking about a 'fee' and the other about 'mutual compensation'. The latter suggests a nominal amount, but I'm not sure we're in a position to be paying fees for the players given our documented financial position this summer.

In saying that, Lang seems pleased to be here and may have decided to grease the wheels to get back playing, so I'll give the club the trust that they've accounted for things, but it is fair to at least raise the point.

On the footballing sense, it's a fucking delightful signing and makes me start looking towards mid-table and an outsider run at the play-off spots rather than the relegation spots, notwithstanding our midfield depth.

This is my only question/fear about this, we've got one side talking about a 'fee' and the other about 'mutual compensation'. The latter suggests a nominal amount, but I'm not sure we're in a position to be paying fees for the players given our documented financial position this summer.
In saying that, Lang seems pleased to be here and may have decided to grease the wheels to get back playing, so I'll give the club the trust that they've accounted for things, but it is fair to at least raise the point.
On the footballing sense, it's a fucking delightful signing and makes me start looking towards mid-table and an outsider run at the play-off spots rather than the relegation spots, notwithstanding our midfield depth.
We got a development fee for Lang when he signed for Dunfermline. Would guess we either gave them that back or part of it.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, Ignoramus said:

We got a development fee for Lang when he signed for Dunfermline. Would guess we either gave them that back or part of it.

See the source image

Tom Lang was excellent in helping us get promoted, but last season he was absolutely outstanding at a time when we were on a dreadful run of form. No exaggeration to say that he was the key reason why we ended the season with three wins, and a match at Stark's Park that we should have won. Absolutely strolled the game against Celtic. I've no idea what Dunfermline require, maybe Stevie Crawford doesn't like the bit of rashness that comes out occasionally? Maybe he had injuries at the wrong times?

Either way, it's refreshing to have someone talented who is more than happy to play for Clyde. Perhaps the most exciting thing is how good McNiff was playing alongside him. With Mitchell, Cunningham and Goodwillie we nearly have a great spine.

A quality centre midfielder and we suddenly elevate ourselves to having higher ambitions this year.

Noticed Kyle Gourlay made his debut for Hamilton tonight and BBC Sportsound were mentioning he made 3/4 good saves, and his name just reminded me of the dark times we endured  as a club a few years ago after Barry Ferguson resigned but Gourlay was one of the reasons we survived in League 2 that year imo. 

Excellent news about Lang, but as others have mentioned still think we need 1 or 2 for midfield and then we start to look at the top end of the table. 

Tom Lang was excellent in helping us get promoted, but last season he was absolutely outstanding at a time when we were on a dreadful run of form. No exaggeration to say that he was the key reason why we ended the season with three wins, and a match at Stark's Park that we should have won. Absolutely strolled the game against Celtic. I've no idea what Dunfermline require, maybe Stevie Crawford doesn't like the bit of rashness that comes out occasionally? Maybe he had injuries at the wrong times?
Either way, it's refreshing to have someone talented who is more than happy to play for Clyde. Perhaps the most exciting thing is how good McNiff was playing alongside him. With Mitchell, Cunningham and Goodwillie we nearly have a great spine.
A quality centre midfielder and we suddenly elevate ourselves to having higher ambitions this year.
Well Said [emoji106]

10 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Saw a Dunfermline fan on twitter say he was a bad influence in the dressing room and at training. Delighted to have him back again as it seems he’s the complete opposite with us. 

That zoomer was also claiming Lang had too much body fat :lol: 

21 hours ago, David W said:

A real possibility of us swapping places with alloa

17 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Currently bodying a Rangers XI. No idea who is in their lineup.

Can anyone decipher how this lines up? 

TEAM v RANGERS XI | Wilson, Bain, Shiels, Lang, Rumsby, Cuddihy, Jack, Love, Cunningham, Johnston, Goodwillie SUBS: Mitchell, McNiff, Lamont, Trialist, Trialist, Robertson, Trialist

Goalie and back four is apparent, but there's only one centre midfield in that lot and four wingers alongside Goodwillie. Also interesting to see the trialists on the bench, wonder if there might be a final move or two before the Betfred opener.

Edited by Ignoramus