Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

10 hours ago, C. Muir said:

This was our team apparently

20200915_225952.thumb.jpg.2668af342086189bfbf7b45ca0c85688.jpg

3-5-2 by the looks of it.

I read this more as a 442, Jack is an attacking midfielder/striker and Henderson is a wide midfielder.

Wilson

Howie Rumsby McNiff Cuddihy

Henderson Jack Cunningham Shiels

Norway Goodwillie

Got to imagine this will is going to be the shape we'll start with, with a couple of hints from squad numbers:

1. Mitchell

2. Bain 5. Rumsby 4. McNiff 3. Shiels

10. Johnston 8. Lamont 6. Cuddihy 11. Love

7. Norway 9. Goodwillie

Theres a lot of room there for bringing Cunningham in as an attacking/wide midfielder too, and with the likes of Love and Jack being so versatile it gives us a decent base. I don't think at this point the team looks much worse than any other starting 11's in the league (barring Thistle and Falkirk)

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Got to imagine this will is going to be the shape we'll start with, with a couple of hints from squad numbers:

1. Mitchell

2. Bain 5. Rumsby 4. McNiff 3. Shiels

10. Johnston 8. Lamont 6. Cuddihy 11. Love

7. Norway 9. Goodwillie

Theres a lot of room there for bringing Cunningham in as an attacking/wide midfielder too, and with the likes of Love and Jack being so versatile it gives us a decent base. I don't think at this point the team looks much worse than any other starting 11's in the league (barring Thistle and Falkirk)

Nothing against the individuals but as a unit teams would just walk through that centre of midfield and defence. If it wasn't very obvious already then a centre mid and centre half are massive requirements.

Edited by C. Muir

Regarding 3-5-2, Lennon had already said he doesn't like this formation as it is versatile enough to change during games. 

Was reading about Marcelo Bielsa last night and his 3-3-3-1 tactics, that sounds magic but I'd imagine that would only work with players of full time fitness. 

Am I the only one that thinks we actually have a decent squad for the season ahead? I take it cuddihy will be in the cm role that grant had and tbh it could be the right role for him. Grant wasn’t always great at tracking back , something I’d say cuddihy will be better at. Every team would want to strengthen but I’d be confident of a top half finish in the league with who we have

Sorry to be a pessimist, and of course I hope that this isn’t the case, but until we sign, at the very least, another CB, another good CM and another CF (I’m not including Love or Cunninghman there) I would be delighted to see us just staying up. Even then, Shiels at LB isn’t filling me with confidence. 

There is no game in this league that I can see being easy. Fingers crossed we can pull out the stops.