Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

32 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

3rd time in 5 years we will have played Kilmarnock in this cup and 2 clubs from our league, a bit repetitive.

Apart from Killie we've actually been quite lucky in this cup for draws as it's only them and now Dumbarton we've faced more than once. The other 2 unseeded sides in our group being from the same division is a pain though.

29 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Just been told the under 21s have folded. I'm assuming this is something that's going to be standard across the lower leagues, if it hasn't started already.

We've already "mothballed" the reserves and academy, won't be the first and you won't be the last!

They were only very loosely a Clyde team anyway and unlikely to produce anything like a regular first team player given their status and the teams they were playing against. If you are any good at the age of 19/20 you'll be in the Clyde first team.

Just been told the under 21s have folded. I'm assuming this is something that's going to be standard across the lower leagues, if it hasn't started already.
I follow them on Facebook and they've been signing players over the last couple of weeks so be surprised if that is correct.

2 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

I follow them on Facebook and they've been signing players over the last couple of weeks so be surprised if that is correct.

Nah it's true. Was a shock by all accounts but I've been told off someone who's just been told their job is gone.

The "U21's"are not Clyde FC linked. They stand alone are under the community foundation which also facilitates the Mental health team Clyde United, powechair team and Clyde Ladies. Despite what is sometimes portrayed or maybe picked up as, they are not a youth setup for the 1st team.

The community teams are setup to get kids off the street and/or active at all ages.

It's been many a year since we had a youth set up. The community teams aren't set up to feed the first team with talent. Given that they are run by what is a registered charity it could be funding/donations or not enough players willing to pay fees etc in the current climate.

All the same hopefully the boys involved get a team to play with at whatever level that is.

Feel sorry for the lads who've just penned contracts which to me looked within the last few days but as has been said above, we never seem to produce anything from these teams. 
Who is the last decent player that came from our youth? 
Fraser McGhee?