Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Bain should be a solid enough addition. Hopefully with Grant and McStays futures confirmed and the budget finalised (however small it is) will see more faces arrive.

On the striker situation, I would say we could do with another but not an absolute priority. You could have 3 of Johnston, Syvertsen, Love and Goodie starting a game which would leave us threadbare in reserve but starters in defence and midfield are the main priority just now.

2 hours ago, lumos said:

If big Norway and ally both stay fit then we don’t need anyone else upfront. Lamont and Johnston can chip in the odd goal and we have a decent threat at set pieces from Mcniff, Howie and Rumsby. Just need someone with a decent delivery, Mckee would be ideal

I don't have anything against the 3 of those players but if they're all going to be starters this season then I can't see us not conceding goals regularly.

Hopefully Dunfermline sign a lot of centre backs 🤔

Edited by C. Muir

Folk keep talking about our budget, but surely most other clubs are in a similar position with a smaller budget this season. 
Most other small clubs wouldn't be running at a loss like we've been doing for the last 2 seasons. Assuming we'll be repaying that along side having a smaller budget due to covid.

On 07/08/2020 at 16:53, SLClyde said:

On the face of it seems a decent signing, good experience at this level. 

On 07/08/2020 at 16:57, David W said:

Decent right back I think, impressed with him in 16/17. Don't like the versatile shouts, he has had a couple of stinkers at left back.

On 07/08/2020 at 18:38, Mr November said:

Bain's a good right back for this level and probably an improvement on Clyde's defence last season. He's pretty versatile, he played on both sides at full back and on the wing for Airdrie but he's primarily a right back who's better going forward but seems to have improved defensively in the few times I've seen him play since leaving Airdrie. He's also good for a great goal every now and then.

Completely agree with Mr November. Bain is a decent League 1 right-back, no more no less than that. Better going forward than defensively but he's not a bad defender either. He has played on the wing and at left-back but he's definitely a right-back. Will score at least one screamer a season. Loves a dive. 

On 31/07/2020 at 16:20, Alan Brown said:

And what about all those who cant afford the initial 250 quid outlay? Why stop at £250? Maybe next season make it 500 quid, you can always spend the rest in the club shop or the rip off bar. You know iv just had a great idea, why not put my train season pass up an extra hundred quid, i can always spend the difference on rip off coffee and sandwiches. Good idea my fkn arse (still sore from the door hitting it) its a scandalous idea that should have been shot down at inception.

It would seem i am not alone. Quote from John Taylor below.

"With the SPFL League 1 fixtures now published and the Betfred Cup draw due tomorrow, we now expect – and frankly need - an upsurge in sales of our Season Cards. These cards offer unique flexibility in what looks like being a unique season but we are still well short of our target numbers

1 hour ago, Alan Brown said:

"With the SPFL League 1 fixtures now published and the Betfred Cup draw due tomorrow, we now expect – and frankly need - an upsurge in sales of our Season Cards. These cards offer unique flexibility in what looks like being a unique season but we are still well short of our target numbers

Imágenes, fotos de stock y vectores sobre Adolescente Deprimido ...

Positive as ever Alan and I thought you were done with everything Clyde related?

2 minutes ago, David W said:

Killie, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Dumbarton in the cup. A bit of a pain getting two teams from our league and I think we can safely say we'll not be troubling the final this year.

No long distance, possible decent crowds, no league 2 teams. I would say that overall that is a positive.

These games are this season's pre season friendlies.

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

2 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Don’t fancy our chances at all in that group.

It's hard to fancy our chances in any group of this tournaments format to be fair when you're always going to get a top flight and Championship side.

We should blow Falkirk away easily as usual but will probably lose the rest.