Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
4 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:
Was that the boy who Man Utd had or wanted but was released by Northampton and signed for our community team? 
Absolutely amazed we've heard nothing about him since...

Shama Bako, he's playing in the 3rd tier in Germany for Lubeck now. No idea what kind of standard that is.

See guys like that there would have been no harm in giving him 1 first team appearance, you never know if that wee guy might end up being a player in the future 😂

3 minutes ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

See guys like that there would have been no harm in giving him 1 first team appearance, you never know if that wee guy might end up being a player in the future 😂

He was at Lubeck before coming here and signing for that youth team, who were nothing to write home about. Bizarre one.

We should have kept the Olympiakos goalie when he was at Clyde.

I took in a a game at that level in Berlin in November. It was a poor game (finished 0-0 - typical) but I’d say overall the standard is pretty similar. Similar crowds etc too. 

Grant’s departure got me thinking. When was the last time Clyde fans were as disappointed at losing a player? Shows how far we’ve come under Lennon that a player leaving has us all in deep mourning! Just hope he doesn’t rock up at QP but I think he will. 
Not many to pick from, before Lennon took over, but Alan Martin, Declan Gallagher and Scott Linton all spring to mind.Tom Lang then Rankin and Grant from this season.

Could be doing with a decent signing or two to pick us up but I don't think any new signings can be put on furlough which probably means we won't be signing anyone to nearer the start of the season.

2 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

I took in a a game at that level in Berlin in November. It was a poor game (finished 0-0 - typical) but I’d say overall the standard is pretty similar. Similar crowds etc too. 

Grant’s departure got me thinking. When was the last time Clyde fans were as disappointed at losing a player? Shows how far we’ve come under Lennon that a player leaving has us all in deep mourning! Just hope he doesn’t rock up at QP but I think he will. 

I've been to see Unterhaching who are from Munich a couple of times. They were in the 4th tier at the time but in the 3rd division now.

Think it cost about a fiver to get in and it was about €2 a beer. Crowd was about 2000. First game was 2-2 and the second was 5-0. They do it right in Germany!

I think most top end teams in the 3rd division would turn us over. Bayern's 2nd team being one of them.

On 16/07/2020 at 21:39, Brian Carrigan said:

That’s not really a link is it?

For what it’s worth, I’ve got a fair few mutual friends with him and he seems a decent big guy. Always been described as a liability but every time I seen him for Airdrie and Dunfermline he’s been fine. It’s a real shame it didn’t work out for him at Falkirk given he’s a huge fan and was made captain. 

I know things didn't work out for him at Falkirk but Buchanan was a very good player at this level for Airdrie and Dunfermline before. We signed him straight from the juniors and it took him time to settle (a bit like Howie by the sounds of things) but by the time he left he was a solid, dominant and dependable centre-half at this level. Big goal threat from corners too. No real skill on the ball or passing ability but definitely better than 'meat and potatoes'. Unless he's totally lost it (and I do think he needs a reliable partner beside him) then based on what I've seen he's miles better than any of your current centre-halves and not one to turn your noses up at. 

On 18/07/2020 at 17:12, David W said:

Don't think so; I think that clause lapses at the end of the season when they turn 23 (namely this season in his case).

Cumbernauld news article interviewing Grant says we are entitled to a development fee