Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

25 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I would like to keep McStay and Lamont. I don't see what is people's problem with Lamont I think he is one of our best players, his biggest asset I believe is his ability carry the ball up the park which starts off many of our attacks and also the shift he puts in every game.

Not been following this for a whiile,  But where is Ray grant

I don’t think there would be many clubs tracking Lamont & McStay I think it would be realistic to keep them on a reasonable wage, I know some Ayrshire teams offered Ally Love a deal last season for better money but opted to stay at Clyde, think another smash in his wages and he’ll leave which you can’t blame him. 

Fear we have no chance of signing Grant with QP floating about.

Lose they guys we will be in big trouble next season.

Just now, shawfield shed boy said:

Lamont is a good player and some people may only realise this if he leaves and his replacement not up to his level due to budget.

He's a terrific player when we're counter-attacking. He's also terrific when Lennon lets us press high up the pitch. His performances in the Falkirk games in particular were as good as anything any player produced last season, bar some of DGW's.

However, he has to score more goals given the position he plays in, and he has to be better when we play against a Duffyball team.

I'd 100% keep him, and McStay, who was great when we let him off the leash in the final five games of the season.

There’s not a chance Ray Grant is going to QP. 
Why not?

They'll be full time next season and will be splashing the cash to get in the Championship ASAP. His brother plays for them too.

We need to hurry up and find our own rich investor or we'll be back plodding along in league 2.

As squads are trimmed due to the impact of the virus I think there'll be many excellent players available. Many of those would have been outwith our financial capabilities to sign before the crisis but may be willing to take a lower salary to get a club.

Cove Rangers being promoted in place of Stranraer and other teams strengthening means we need to improve to stand still.

We already have 7 players already contacted. If we then re-sign McStay and Lamont we'll have nine players that finished seventh in league one.

I think better players will now be available to us.

I know this is probably a stupid question.

I've just bought my season book and my season card is credited to the value of £250.

If I take someone to a match with me and then have to top up the resultant cost, do I pay walk up cost or season card price?

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I know this is probably a stupid question.

I've just bought my season book and my season card is credited to the value of £250.

If I take someone to a match with me and then have to top up the resultant cost, do I pay walk up cost or season card price?

Will always be the Season Card price when paying by Season Card, even if you top up

What are the "arrangements" for those without a smart phone or do not wish to use one?
The concessions aren't!!
Says on the website alternative arrangements can be made and you need to contact the club after purchasing the season card.

48 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
58 minutes ago, chas said:
What are the "arrangements" for those without a smart phone or do not wish to use one?
The concessions aren't!!

Says on the website alternative arrangements can be made and you need to contact the club after purchasing the season card.

But why can't they tell us how it works before you buy? I would like to know the alternatives to the Smart phone app.

13 hours ago, chas said:

But why can't they tell us how it works before you buy? I would like to know the alternatives to the Smart phone app.

I’m sure if you email the club asking about the alternatives they’ll let you know. 

Hopeless with technology but going to give it a go. Downloaded the app last night & all seems very straight forward. 

I hope you can find something that suits you whether it be through smartphone or the alternative the club have, a Facebook post suggested a physical card. 

24 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

New pricing is a sore one for concessions, around a 40% hike, shouldn’t imagine that will be taken well

While I get things are financially difficult for people; unfortunately if we want to survive not just in L1 but just survive this is reality. My sympathy for those who may be struggling believe me! Club has no option.

Pay £7 we get Dan Kirkup, pay £14 we might get a Tom Lang. Football economics I’m afraid.