Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Cuddihy still has a year left on his deal

Ah Never knew. I was thinking he could be one of the 'Pro's' mentioned in interview incorrectly and now confirms my worry that Ally love could be away reading between lines as rest either bit part or Young lads from a fairly obvious list (excluding Rankin of course if his retirement indeed true)

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Cuddihy, Rumsby, Howie, McNiff, Johnston, Mitchell and Goodwillie are all the players contracted for next season.

Allison, Fitzpatrick, Duffie, Lyon, McMullin and Wylde are all the obvious ones to let go.

Allison left in December. Can't see Smith being kept on either; you'd imagine he'd have been given a decent wage to get him away from Stirling. Syvertsen definitely good enough for that level but he's basically been injured since we signed him.

It's a tough gig given that we've apparently got less money, it's going to be a harder division than last year and we've already lost the pace of Cunningham, Lang and Livingstone who were all so important in moving us away from the bottom two. From those that are signed up, Rumsby, Johnston and Cuddihy have a lot of work to do convincing anyone they're League 1 players based on last year (truthfully only Cuddihy has a chance from that trio). Howie and McNiff did okay at centre half, not convinced they'd partner each other well though. In truth I'm a bit worried given the last two summers. We desperately need players with pace all across the pitch.

Will be the old cliche of small squad hopefully with some quality. I 100% agree we need much more pace across the park. 

Getting Livingston back would be great. Everyone mentioned above leaving I can’t argue with. Even Ally Love, definitely big impact player, do love the guy but unless he can agree a smallish wage (and why should he I get that) I think we can probably get a better player for starting 11. I still see him as a valuable impact sub.

Don't think we can afford the money that McStay would want given he is so inconsistent, we can’t risk that. Possibly same with Lamont again I like Lamont but we need his good performances every week at this stage.

If it wasn't for the Song of the Clyde I'd be fair struggling with this week's Friday quiz. No issues at all with the two games I was at but not a clue about the last game at Shawfield.

The minute we moved Rankin into a free role, combined with ditching the McNiff/Rumsby centre half pairing, was the moment we became the second best team in League 2 last year. Playing McStay/Grant in the middle put us as the best. He was completely underwhelming in the first couple of months, absolutely outstanding from November onwards linking up with DGW. He was a big miss this year.

Allison left in December. Can't see Smith being kept on either; you'd imagine he'd have been given a decent wage to get him away from Stirling. Syvertsen definitely good enough for that level but he's basically been injured since we signed him.
It's a tough gig given that we've apparently got less money, it's going to be a harder division than last year and we've already lost the pace of Cunningham, Lang and Livingstone who were all so important in moving us away from the bottom two. From those that are signed up, Rumsby, Johnston and Cuddihy have a lot of work to do convincing anyone they're League 1 players based on last year (truthfully only Cuddihy has a chance from that trio). Howie and McNiff did okay at centre half, not convinced they'd partner each other well though. In truth I'm a bit worried given the last two summers. We desperately need players with pace all across the pitch.
Agree about Smith.

Syvertsen looked really good last preseason but we can't afford to have any injury prone players and no idea if he is still in Scotland.

No idea why we offered 2 year deals to some of those players especially given the financial situation. We are going to be stuck with Rumsby, McNiff and Howie as our options at centre half.

Grant we should do all we can to keep or to at least ensure we get a development fee.

Rankin will be a big loss.

Really only leaves Lennon a decision to make on Love, McStay and Lamont.

We really need a good bunch of summer signings from Lennon this time round no Gormans, Ferns or Wallaces this time. Definitely need some pace in the team and an actual left back!

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Rankin retired confirmed on twitter.

Top Pro.. as they say, gave the same commitment and professionalism to us as he did as a young player in SPL.. What a difference with him and wasters like Sean Higgins etc who stole a wage for 2-3 years!

Wish him all the best, pity his fracture robbed him of most of last season. Thanks For contribution John

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Agree about Smith.

Syvertsen looked really good last preseason but we can't afford to have any injury prone players and no idea if he is still in Scotland.

No idea why we offered 2 year deals to some of those players especially given the financial situation. We are going to be stuck with Rumsby, McNiff and Howie as our options at centre half.

Grant we should do all we can to keep or to at least ensure we get a development fee.

Rankin will be a big loss.

Really only leaves Lennon a decision to make on Love, McStay and Lamont.

We really need a good bunch of summer signings from Lennon this time round no Gormans, Ferns or Wallaces this time. Definitely need some pace in the team and an actual left back!

I'd say we need a left and a right back. Enough of having centre halves and midfielders filling in.

I'd let Lamont and McStay leave as I think they are too inconsistent. A small squad requires a much greater return than they provided last season.
Smith should follow for the same reason.

Given the present situation there may be plenty of better players available and affordable than what's been realistically obtainable in previous close seasons.