Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

11 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Jamie Barclay and JC Hutchison, add Paul Jarvie to that mix. We've had some right fuckin stinking goalies 😂😂 Gibson wasn't that much better either!

Then we've had some top drawer keepers like Mitchell, Martin and Mentel.

Bit harsh on Barclay! He was a good keeper for us never really made a balls up of anything. 

Not a fan of McCluskey but i've heard the same that Danny is keen to bring him in.

I suppose it would depend on what happens with reconstruction & what league we end up in.
Pat Scullion and John Sweeney are the next targets.

Anyone a bit concerned that teams in our league are signing new players or extending contracts and we haven't done any business yet ?
No.

Only East Fife would be able to field a starting XI. I don't think it would be wise to sign players when we don't even know when the season will start. We could be paying wages for months with no income.

Best “goalie on loan” has to be Connor Quinn. What a performance against Ayr Utd in both cup ties. What happened to him?

He was phenomenal.

We actually brought him in on trial the following summer but we never offered him anything.

Forgive me if I’ve missed this, wouldn’t it be easier for the league 2 and 1 games to go ahead with fans? Easier for fans to social distance with the average crowd sizes v ground capacity.
Can't mind where I saw the post but somebody worked out you would only be able to use around 20% of the seats to allow for social distancing. The home stand holds about 3k so would get about 600 in it which is not enough.

Then you've got all the issues of getting fans in and out of the stadium while maintaining social distancing, extra steward costings with having to open the full stand and potentially one of the other stands too.

Honestly doesn't sound that enjoyable, queue up for ages to get in to then sit on your own with next to no atmosphere.

10 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Can't mind where I saw the post but somebody worked out you would only be able to use around 20% of the seats to allow for social distancing. The home stand holds about 3k so would get about 600 in it which is not enough.

Then you've got all the issues of getting fans in and out of the stadium while maintaining social distancing, extra steward costings with having to open the full stand and potentially one of the other stands too.

Honestly doesn't sound that enjoyable, queue up for ages to get in to then sit on your own with next to no atmosphere.

Yep, however we have 3 stand and a total capacity of 8.5 k, so 20% is over 1600. Wouldn't that be brilliant if we had that sort of home gate?