Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Scottish Football absolutely needs new blood and that's at both the SPFL board and SFA. This potential independent investigation would have been an untimely and ill-needed distraction for some clubs who should primarily be focussing on staying above water. Us abstaining hasn't swung it either way and I'm not fussed as a result.

Change is absolutely needed long term in our game but we need to make sure there is a game to build and sell in the future first.

I've seen many fans writing the SPFL is rotten to the core, Doncaster is useless, they don't listen to lower league teams etc.

Then they go on to say that they don't want an investigation. I don't understand why not.

I don't expect any change in SPFL behaviour. Maybe they'll be a little more slekit but ultimately they'll continue to bully, lie and deny.

I predict that during any league construction talks in the future we will be told that club funding depends on Colt teams being included.

Nothing of consequence will change.

We've missed a chance to change the personnel and probably more importantly, the culture within the SPFL.

The clubs are the SPFL. The majority of the SPFL board is made up of directors from clubs apart from Doncaster and MacLennan. You would only get a dramatic change if you had a fully independent board able to make all decisions taking the power away from the clubs which will never happen.

1 hour ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Scottish Football absolutely needs new blood and that's at both the SPFL board and SFA. This potential independent investigation would have been an untimely and ill-needed distraction for some clubs who should primarily be focussing on staying above water. Us abstaining hasn't swung it either way and I'm not fussed as a result.

Change is absolutely needed long term in our game but we need to make sure there is a game to build and sell in the future first.

The SPFL board/SFA board are always a convenient cover for the absolutely stinking attitude that pervades nearly every boardroom in the country. Just check the absolute nick of the statements that have been produced. Self-preservation is the killer and that is where the changes need to occur. Never going to happen.

The bigger issue that we should be concerning ourselves with is:

The board has discovered that previous statements made, that the club was able to benefit commercially from activities and events held at the stadium, were found not to be accurate. The board has also uncovered material transactions of which they were previously unaware and are taking action regarding these.

This sort of stuff seems to happen a lot. And then is unveiled with cryptic comment that no-one is ever likely to decipher. I think we're at a stage where we need a Devil's Advocate to question everything rather than just relying on fortunate cup draws to survive.

When oh when can we welcome Partick Thistle, The Jags, The Harry Wraggs, The Maryhill Magyards to this forum?

I know they'll be busy instructing the legal council and pushing out Gerrie-Gerrie-Gerrie to talk shite, but I just wonder when they'll get over the grave injustice of being the Championship's worst team all season, and bring their mankyness to the most competitive division in Scotland?  

We will.do our best to accommodate their sensitivities and will order in more vegan bovril and arrange more charging points for their green bicycles.6

On 13/05/2020 at 18:05, haufdaft said:

predict that during any league construction talks in the future we will be told that club funding depends on Colt teams being included.

Must admit although there does not seem to have been mention of Colt teams appearing in the league its always been a concern of mine as would not want anything to do with a league that includes them before proper clubs. At present at Peterhead we have a lottery type scheme running with half proceeds being paid as prize money & the rest going to the club, it is my intention to buy a number of tickets but have been holding back until reconstruction or whatever is finalised the draw is not until July 4th so will hang fire a while yet but have always made my feelings clear regarding Colts if they appear I am gone & would go to either Highland League or Junior matches.

32 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Must admit although there does not seem to have been mention of Colt teams appearing in the league its always been a concern of mine as would not want anything to do with a league that includes them before proper clubs. At present at Peterhead we have a lottery type scheme running with half proceeds being paid as prize money & the rest going to the club, it is my intention to buy a number of tickets but have been holding back until reconstruction or whatever is finalised the draw is not until July 4th so will hang fire a while yet but have always made my feelings clear regarding Colts if they appear I am gone & would go to either Highland League or Junior matches.

A lottery has to be for a charity. You can't run one to benefit a private company or business.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A lottery has to be for a charity. You can't run one to benefit a private company or business.

Possibly not classed as a lottery if that's the case its a carry on from the normal draws done on match days.

Do we still think we were right to abstain?

Am I wrong to suggest that is strange that reconstruction discussions return AFTER the Inquiry vote?

Just as it was strange that reconstruction was suggested before the original "Call the season vote" only to be thrown out immediately afterwards.

I wonder whether reconstruction will be rejected again after the vote to end the premiership.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

As I say I just knew this would happen!

How can the club, any club  be told a week ago that reconstruction was off, I assume start to plan (as best we can just now) with the thought of a league with certain teams in it, now only to be told the reconstruction might be back on the agenda! How can this be fair to any member club, let alone one of the 3 potentially worse off due to reconstruction?

Shocking state of affairs again pandering to one club and one owner! 

PL teams will shite it that their losing Hearts travelling fans

League Authorties will be shitting it from legal action

SKY only care about OF x4 which will always happen. They dont care if 4 teams or 24 teams in league..

Why did Aberdeen chair say now is not the time only a week ago but now their opened to ideas still in middle of a crisis..

If they were dead against idea why not say than come out with some bull that now is "not the time" whilst leaving the door open..

Stinks to highest heavens and dont be suprised if league is called their is a condition built in to return to talks.

Budge doesn't care about anything other than Hearts. She may aswell have changed "specific clubs" to "Hearts" in this quote. 

"To pour more financial hardship on specific clubs, given what we are all going through both now and for the foreseeable future, is both outrageous and shameful."

She probably hasn't even heard of Clyde, Peterhead or Forfar.

Despite the fact it'll never get voted through (especially a temp. reconstruction), I'm actually quite looking forward to see what laughable pish she comes up with this time round.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Budge doesn't care about anything other than Hearts. She may aswell have changed "specific clubs" to "Hearts" in this quote. 

She probably hasn't even heard of Clyde, Peterhead or Forfar.

Despite the fact it'll never get voted through (especially a temp. reconstruction), I'm actually quite looking forward to see what laughable pish she comes up with this time round.

Hearts are going into financial hardship because they’re pish not because of a vote, or anything else.

Edited by SLClyde

I'd hope that Hearts and Thistle would remember that Clyde's statement was sympathetic to their cause and not try to shaft us as thanks. I can live with 14-10-10-10 but no change which leaves Clyde (or Peterhead) worse off through no fault of our own should even be on the table.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

18 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

That is the problem, so many clubs have shown their true colours  through this and the overall conclusion seems to be is as long as my club isn't affected that's fine and anyone who is that's  just unfortunate.

How are Clyde different?