Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Update on season tickets and donations, looking to launch both in June.

Need 50k from fans to fund squad and interesting part about what I assume is the Arrira lounge, we don't make any money on events outwith match day but did we not pay for the refurbishment?

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/05/11/6419/#.XrpW7BjTVkw

Can't remember if this has been mooted here, but I had a conversation with my mate recently and he suggested that if football commenced behind closed doors (pretty well known at this point that we're unlikely to be able to attend games as fans until a vaccine has been developed), clubs should sell 'tickets' to live stream the games whenever they take place. Buying a virtual ticket gets you access to watching the game live at 3pm on a Saturday. Season ticket holders get a code to get beyond the paywall to view the game emailed to them just before kick off etc.

I personally think it's a great idea.

Are we due development fee?
We would have to offer Grant a new contract on at least equivalent terms to what he gets just now. I would really like him to stay but could we afford offer him the same terms with a reduced budget and having no idea when the season restarts?
Can't remember if this has been mooted here, but I had a conversation with my mate recently and he suggested that if football commenced behind closed doors (pretty well known at this point that we're unlikely to be able to attend games as fans until a vaccine has been developed), clubs should sell 'tickets' to live stream the games whenever they take place. Buying a virtual ticket gets you access to watching the game live at 3pm on a Saturday. Season ticket holders get a code to get beyond the paywall to view the game emailed to them just before kick off etc.
I personally think it's a great idea.
I just can't see football behind closed doors being a affordable at this level. You've got all the setup costs to be able to stream a game live. You also miss out on hospitality etc and I can't see the amount of people buying the stream being equal to our average attendance.

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

You've got all the setup costs to be able to stream a game live. You also miss out on hospitality etc and I can't see the amount of people buying the stream being equal to our average attendance.

What costs are you referring to? The games are always recorded live anyway, setting up a stream would be of no extra cost if the camera operator is a volunteer, which is currently the case as I understand it. This would mean one volunteer would require access to the box, and would not come into contact with the players, so risk is minimal.

Regarding the shortfall from missing hospitality, there will be ways and means to circumvent this, which I'm sure a smarter man than I will deduce.

I think the amount of people buying a stream would be fairly similar to our average attendance. I would definitely still buy my season ticket as I'm sure many more would. We tend not to have many casual comers and goers. This will also give expats and fans that generally wouldn't be able to make it to the game/can't normally be arsed getting to Cumbernauld the chance to view.

Maybe I'm being optimistic.

What costs are you referring to? The games are always recorded live anyway, setting up a stream would be of no extra cost if the camera operator is a volunteer, which is currently the case as I understand it. This would mean one volunteer would require access to the box, and would not come into contact with the players, so risk is minimal.
Regarding the shortfall from missing hospitality, there will be ways and means to circumvent this, which I'm sure a smarter man than I will deduce.
I think the amount of people buying a stream would be fairly similar to our average attendance. I would definitely still buy my season ticket as I'm sure many more would. We tend not to have many casual comers and goers. This will also give expats and fans that generally wouldn't be able to make it to the game/can't normally be arsed getting to Cumbernauld the chance to view.
Maybe I'm being optimistic.
You need to pay to stream it on a platform, I've no idea how much that costs. I'm guessing the laptop and connection at Broadwood used to record the games would be good enough but there may be other equipment costs.

You would lose fans that aren't great with technology and you would only need 1 stream per household rather than individually paying at the gate. Your only going to be left with the hard core support everyone else will be stream games from the top flight up here or down south.

You need to pay to stream it on a platform, I've no idea how much that costs. I'm guessing the laptop and connection at Broadwood used to record the games would be good enough but there may be other equipment costs.

You would lose fans that aren't great with technology and you would only need 1 stream per household rather than individually paying at the gate. Your only going to be left with the hard core support everyone else will be stream games from the top flight up here or down south.

And the club would have to pay 100% of a full squad of players wages.

Regarding streaming, a very basic setup using Vmix is simple and doesn't cost too much. You just need someone with a laptop to work alongside the camera guys (can work with multiple cams) and a decent WiFi connection or 4G hub. I suspect this is what the East Fife boys do. 

It also wouldn't surprise me if the betting companies get involved

I see we've abstained from the vote.

"As a board, we were unanimous in our view that the resolution and the supporting report had merit but, in truth, it pointed mostly to behaviours and practices which would not have surprised many in the lower leagues. With that indictment it was difficult not to want to support some form of investigation or review"

How does abstaining change anything? It merely empowers the SPFL beaks who oversaw, excused and at times participated in these behaviours.

Even after the debacle with Dundee, releasing the result of the vote early and ignoring bullying, the SPFL still doesn't believe it did anything wrong.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

"As a board, we were unanimous in our view that the resolution and the supporting report had merit but, in truth, it pointed mostly to behaviours and practices which would not have surprised many in the lower leagues. With that indictment it was difficult not to want to support some form of investigation or review"

How does abstaining change anything? It merely empowers the SPFL beaks who oversaw, excused and at times participated in these behaviours.

Even after the debacle with Dundee, releasing the result of the vote early and ignoring bullying, the SPFL still doesn't believe it did anything wrong.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Big team found.