Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Looking likely Furlough reduced to 60% then what next. Can club afford to pay players and management on 2year deals or more... Worrying times emoji17.png

Don’t see the point in they big contracts, when that deal got handed to Lennon i was worried straight away, even Barry got an extended 2 year deal before and didn’t do anything to really earn it, think we are a bit keen to dish out these deals.. Goodwillie isn’t goin anywhere no reason to give him a 3 year deal. 

4 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Looking likely Furlough reduced to 60% then what next. Can club afford to pay players and management on 2year deals or more... Worrying times emoji17.png

This is when you would need the players to step in and accept a wage reduction as close to the 60 as possible for a few months . If not then yes it would become worrying times. 

14 hours ago, DeanMck said:

This is when you would need the players to step in and accept a wage reduction as close to the 60 as possible for a few months . If not then yes it would become worrying times. 

Think that's a big big ask. Players are not fans and we are not employees, so we have differing perspectives. However, there could be an opportunity to encourage some 'natural selection' to take place.  If we fail to pay some players, eg Fitzpatrick, Smith, Duffie and Wylde thus breaking their contract, could  we reallocate that wage to those players we actively wish to keep?

I'm no employment law expert (but there again neither is Clyde FC) but we need to be tougher if not ruthless.  We won't be the only business/ football club having to make such painful decis

Think that's a big big ask. Players are not fans and we are not employees, so we have differing perspectives. However, there could be an opportunity to encourage some 'natural selection' to take place.  If we fail to pay some players, eg Fitzpatrick, Smith, Duffie and Wylde thus breaking their contract, could  we reallocate that wage to those players we actively wish to keep?
I'm no employment law expert (but there again neither is Clyde FC) but we need to be tougher if not ruthless.  We won't be the only business/ football club having to make such painful decis
Will failing to pay players lead to sanctions from the SPFL?

Contracts will be up at the end of the month anyway will they not? 

For what it’s worth, I think we should at least be offering The better players that are under 23 a contract the same as what they’re on just now (grant, mcstay) I’d say it’s unlikely grant will stay anyway but at least it would make us entitled to a development fee if they decide to leave. 

Can’t see us offering any contracts just now until there is more clarity. When the league is going to start and what level of opposition we will be facing has a huge impact on the budget.

I’m sure we will keep the 6 or 7 under contract and wait to see what happens.

McStay, Grant, Lamont, Syvertsen It would apply to. 

For me only grant and mcstay would be worth a decent development fee. I don’t even know what the going rate for that is? Would it net us 10k each? If so could be worthwhile - especially if they’re off and going to reject it anyway which I expect Grant will.  Not made my mind up on What I think mcstay will do yet. 

On the other hand if they accept that’s more players we are paying with limited income. Would love to keep grant, possibly Mcstay and lamont but can’t see it in current climate. Imagine we will want as little outgoings as possible.

3 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Did anyone buy a top on the recent sale? I bought the away one last night and just wondering if they are posting them out yet.

I bought one a few weeks ago and don’t have it yet.  I don’t think they can access the stadium yet.

1 hour ago, WBR said:

I bought one a few weeks ago and don’t have it yet.  I don’t think they can access the stadium yet.

From the club website-

Tue, 21st Apr 2020 1:26pm

The club would like to thank all supporters who took advantage of the recent half-price sale on all Kappa merchandise, via the online shop.

As noted on the previous update, shortly following the launch of the sale, government advice was updated and Broadwood was subsequently closed, with no access now available.

With all stock being held within the stadium, unfortunately no orders can be posted out currently. 

All orders placed will however be fulfilled as soon as possible.

9 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m about off my head with the amount of folk giving it “it would still be the third tier” if reconstruction goes through. Brainless wonders. 

An Airdrie fan told me on another thread recently he'd be fine with it if they were in the position of us, Peterhead or Forfar. My arse.

8 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

An Airdrie fan told me on another thread recently he'd be fine with it if they were in the position of us, Peterhead or Forfar. My arse.

Trouble is they think its OK cos they've never been in that position.

I'm quite sure 10 years in the arse end League would change that opinion!!

31 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I’m sure he would be delighted with his club being put back in with the bottom tier teams after years of being there, losing thousands in revenue due to playing those teams. 

Maybe it’s us looking at this the wrong way...

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m about off my head with the amount of folk giving it “it would still be the third tier” if reconstruction goes through. Brainless wonders. 
Yeah, it's utter nonsense.

Financially we would be taking a huge hit with crowds significantly down. The prize money would also be less in the new 3rd tier, assuming it isn't changed.

Would be even more of a struggle to keep hold of the likes of Grant if we are back in the bottom tier.

We would also be back to being only one relegation away from the LL.

During 18/19 we played Edinburgh 7 times and Annan 6 times. Would be back to purgatory playing those sides again.

7 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Trouble is they think its OK cos they've never been in that position.

I'm quite sure 10 years in the arse end League would change that opinion!!

Don't  think of it as a repeat. It's another chance to see.

At the very least we should be demanding a substantial compensation package to try and lessen the financial impact and allow us to challenge better.

Longer term you would like to think we could establish ourselves in the second tier far more easily than under the current setup.

However, getting out of that bottom 14 would not be easy as cove & kelty seem to have money to burn. QP seem to have some financial backing now too plus teams like Peterhead and Forfar who are similar strength to ourselves. Getting stuck down there for another long spell would be soul destroying and isn’t a gamble we should be having to take if ‘fairness for all’ is being applied.