Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

If we were put into the bottom 14 tier, there’s no way we could keep half the squad. And certainly no way to hold onto the quality that we have, contracted players aside.

There’s no way we’d win that league with Cove and Peterhead involved.

Another general point, if this happens and there are heaps of players on the free agents category, there will be chaos in teams trying to outbid each other for wages of the better players. Teams in precarious financial positions will either twist or literally go bust in trying to get promoted.

Not to mention the amount of money we have spent getting promoted to League 1 in the first place. To have that (And the amount we’ve spent staying there) taken away would be fucking scandalous. 

Could we afford to keep contracted players after this season till football restarts. ?!

Wouldnt be suprised if quite a few clubs start releasing players/management who are under contract beyond this season if government pull furlough during June like StPats FC done recently

Just now, haufdaft said:

Looking at the latest news on the OS, I can't imagine any Clyde fan looking for refund for 4 matches.

I completely appreciate that everyone is in their own individual position currently (and I won’t judge those who do) but I won’t risk the club being plunged further into the s**t for the sake of £70.

6 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Looking at the latest news on the OS, I can't imagine any Clyde fan looking for refund for 4 matches.

I’d certainly hope not but some may be strapped for cash just now and every penny could count. Therefore can’t blame anyone who finds themselves compelled to ask for some cash back if it means putting some food on the table. 
I think the vast majority won’t find themselves in this position. Similarly I think the vast majority (hopefully all) won’t seek free tickets for next season. 

I agree, can’t blame anyone who at this time needs the money back, but I am fortunate I can leave it as will most likely be the case for many.

Difficult times I’m afraid; at least the club has offered which is appreciated.

10 hours ago, Jack Phillips said:

Excellent  podcast here with John Rankin. Hope  he’s here for next season! 

https://soundcloud.com/user-487955703/john-rankin-chats-with-lower-league-ramblings

Many thanks for posting. Definitely could have done a part 2. Top bloke as well!

On season tickets, I have seen 14 home league matches which, at £10 entry (Concession) means that I have seen enough matches to  cover the cost of the season so I would not be looking for any further recompense for the remaining four games. Would that work out for those at full adult prices?

53 minutes ago, chas said:

On season tickets, I have seen 14 home league matches which, at £10 entry (Concession) means that I have seen enough matches to  cover the cost of the season so I would not be looking for any further recompense for the remaining four games. Would that work out for those at full adult prices?

Didn't prices on season tickets vary depending on when you purchased it? So a few folk might have a different answer for that one.