Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

If you buy a service from a provider that makes you a customer.  If you were a customer of a restaurant that was having either cash flow legal issues, would you really expect them to share that with you? 
Why should any business, including a football club, do that? If you were a shareholder or owner the expectation would be different.  Similarly if you were that owner or shareholder why on earth would you share that in a totally public way?
Information is tricky and the immature can be funny how they handle information.
A business would seek additional financial support from their owners, sell assets, sell part of the company or go out of business.

I think it's unlikely they would first go to their customers for donations.

Would you donate to a restaurant owned by others?

A football team is completely different from other businesses.

A business would seek additional financial support from their owners, sell assets, sell part of the company or go out of business.

I think it's unlikely they would first go to their customers for donations.

Would you donate to a restaurant owned by others?

A football team is completely different from other businesses.

Excepting the fact that operational and fiscal accountability are both no different from any other business. ( charities excluded perhaps )
I’d ask you to explain the difference between a football club and, for instance, an abattoir.

2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

The restaurant would not ask me to donate to help solve their cash flow issue, would they?  The club need to consider how to get around this problem because there are people who spend a lot at the club but choose not to be an owner. Not an easy problem to solve but it isn't working currently. 

No but they also might run up bills with small local suppliers who end up with 1.6p in the £. I believe other FC's have done this.                   You might give 2 quid to a geezer on Sauchiehall Street with a paper cup, even when you strongly suspect that the '10p for a cup of tea' is never going to see any Typhoo.                                                                                            Here's the thing. Ownership in reality offers very little and there are few logical benefits for sending in the 40 sheets. To construct some point of differentiation, you get this 'privileged' information.  The inside track as it were.  No state secrets but small titbits as a thank you. If you don't support and choose to give your financial support in other ways, that's brilliant. Thanks.  I don't, as it happens, do the 200 half time draw. Can I complain that I have a season ticket, buy shit in the shop and pay £40 a year but my name is never announced at half time and I've not received a cheque for 2 hunner?

Whether the club is a social enterprise and whether some stand on the side of an ex chair or the club, I’m more interested that there appears to be no notion of a conflict of interest ? A chairman - not chasing for a return of personal investment- but for work or in this case food. That seem right?

Forgive me for talking about football but that was excellent yesterday re-living the promotion game. Bar the obvious brilliant moments, our time wasting at 2-0 after Annan timewasting all game was a superb GIRUY. Not something I really noticed at the time due to the euphoria that getting out that division was about to become a reality.

Edited by C. Muir

12 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

No but they also might run up bills with small local suppliers who end up with 1.6p in the £. I believe other FC's have done this.                   You might give 2 quid to a geezer on Sauchiehall Street with a paper cup, even when you strongly suspect that the '10p for a cup of tea' is never going to see any Typhoo.                                                                                            Here's the thing. Ownership in reality offers very little and there are few logical benefits for sending in the 40 sheets. To construct some point of differentiation, you get this 'privileged' information.  The inside track as it were.  No state secrets but small titbits as a thank you. If you don't support and choose to give your financial support in other ways, that's brilliant. Thanks.  I don't, as it happens, do the 200 half time draw. Can I complain that I have a season ticket, buy shit in the shop and pay £40 a year but my name is never announced at half time and I've not received a cheque for 2 hunner?

Not being entered for the HT draw is not the same thing at all and I suspect you know that. If there is anything in this, then it goes to the heart of the club's survival, particularly at this point in history. If money, and I mean serious money may be required, then find a way to disseminate the reason sensibly and get some drive behind the solution. If you are asking for money, that is not for BAU reasons then people have a right to know why.

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Forgive me for talking about football but that was excellent yesterday re-living the promotion game. Bar the obvious brilliant moments, our time wasting at 2-0 after Annan timewasting all game was a superb GIRUY. Not something I really noticed at the time due to the euphoria that getting out that division was about to become a reality.

Also how good a player is Banks... so comfortable on the ball. Knew he had a terrific game but watching again, was / is  a class act 

The members have known about the losses for the last couple of years and not been able to cover the deficit. The club are now asking the wider fan base for donations and when the wider fan base ask what's going on its met with "ssh, members only".

Can't have it both ways.

Could be straight back into that division, thanks to reconstruction.

The league 2 teams have came out and said they are backing a reconstruction of 3 leagues of 14. If that happens it is an absolute disaster. 

Surely this can’t actually happen. Rather than relegating teams who have been the worst the majority of the season they’d rather relegate 3 teams from league 1 who have earned the right to stay in the league. Peterhead and Ourselves both had great seasons last year to get promotion out of league 2 and if this happens it would basically mean that was for nothing and the last two seasons of football are irrelevant.

The league 2 teams have came out and said they are backing a reconstruction of 3 leagues of 14. If that happens it is an absolute disaster. 
Yes heard Elgin chairman confirming that yesterday on radio...

Saying unfair Hearts go down on same programme, How about a team that finished 7th. Is that Fair...

Scottish League. Assocation. Authorties utter joke/disgrace, Have said it a million times "they" should have made a decision on the leagues like the Dutch assocation at the beginning of the weekend,Not hiding behind the member clubs which has caused utter chaos which was always going to happen across some of the 42 clubs.

1 hour ago, clyde_darren said:

Surely this can’t actually happen. Rather than relegating teams who have been the worst the majority of the season they’d rather relegate 3 teams from league 1 who have earned the right to stay in the league. Peterhead and Ourselves both had great seasons last year to get promotion out of league 2 and if this happens it would basically mean that was for nothing and the last two seasons of football are irrelevant.

We await the  strongly worded statement from our club. As I have posted on the other thread, you could actually find yourself being shafted now, and then again in 12 months if it is a 12 month deal, as you could win the third tier of 14 only to find they revert to 12,10,10,10 and you stay in the third tier. Quite amazing. 

Also how good a player is Banks... so comfortable on the ball. Knew he had a terrific game but watching again, was / is  a class act 
Banks definitely has a lot of potential, pity we couldn't get him back on loan.

Was watching some of the Annan game there. The time wasting just before we score the first, 3 Annan players on the deck [emoji23]

3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

We await the  strongly worded statement from our club. As I have posted on the other thread, you could actually find yourself being shafted now, and then again in 12 months if it is a 12 month deal, as you could win the third tier of 14 only to find they revert to 12,10,10,10 and you stay in the third tier. Quite amazing. 

What happens to Brora and Kelty with 3x14 ?

I think the reverting back to 12 10 10 10 after 12 months is a huge stumbling block, too many teams are against that proposal. League reconstruction is and always has been about self preservation. Reconstruction should have happened years ago, if this goes ahead us Peterhead and Forfar are the losers but as long as Hearts are ok that is all that matters. They way the league finished with us in 7th place we were denied the opportunity to fight for 6th to save us dropping down a division is the very same reason why Hearts have stirred up all this shit. I just hope whoever represents us is prepared to fight our corner.

David Goodwillie - 25 goals. The rest of the team - 26 goals. Without Goodwillie we would be down with Stranraer. He's been brilliant this season, top scorer in the league and should probably win the divisional award; him or Regan Hendry anyway. 

Goal for me is McStay's overhead kick. The Smith one was a cracker but we aren't going to score many goals like McStay's one. The touch he took to set it up was brilliant in itself. The comedy factor comes from the fact DGW has been trying it since he arrived and gets further away each time.

31 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

What happens to Brora and Kelty with 3x14 ?

I think the reverting back to 12 10 10 10 after 12 months is a huge stumbling block, too many teams are against that proposal. League reconstruction is and always has been about self preservation. Reconstruction should have happened years ago, if this goes ahead us Peterhead and Forfar are the losers but as long as Hearts are ok that is all that matters. They way the league finished with us in 7th place we were denied the opportunity to fight for 6th to save us dropping down a division is the very same reason why Hearts have stirred up all this shit. I just hope whoever represents us is prepared to fight our corner.

They stay down. 

Shortlist of 6 for goal of the season. Pretty sure  they'll be

• McStay v QOS
  • Goodwillie 3rd of his 5 v Stranraer
  • Smith v Falkirk
  • Goodwillie 1st of his brace v Airdrie
  • Grant v Montrose
  • Either Goodwillie 2nd of his brace v Airdrie or our last goal for the move, Rankin v Dumbarton. Edging to the latter as, as good as the former was, it did deflect.
Edited by C. Muir

Difficult to separate Mitchell and Goodwillie for player of the year both have been immense this season.

Goodwillie's volley to put us 2 up against Airdrie at home, ft 3-1, was a cracker. Grant's goal from around 30/35 yards out against Montrose at home , ft 2-1, was another beauty.