Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

8 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Of course it's unfair! We aren't in a relegation place but 14-14-14 would relegate us to the bottom tier.

We would be one relegation away from the Lowland league rather than two and would have to win promotion again to share the same league with the teams we currently do.

Glad that some Senior supporters are noting the serious trap the LL could be. There's a whole group a tasty Junior clubs just waiting for a bite at the LL. The arse end of Ayrshire on a winters day is not for the faint hearted.

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

The prospect of us being punted into the bottom tier of a revised league system on a whim when nowhere near a conventional relegation spot is irrefutably unfair, and anybody suggesting otherwise is either in an advantageous position themselves or a complete fucking idiot.

As for the circulating rumours regarding a pending court case; this just typifies the cloak and dagger bullshit that always seems to encircle our club. Every single fan should be readily made aware of this type of matter as it impacts each individual making any form of contributing to the club. It is an absolute smack in the face to continuously endure the 'please purchase a season ticket, please purchase from the club shop, please contribute to the lottery' repertoire, only to be met with the 'nah sorry, you aren't an owner, please don't talk about this' rebuttal whenever any matter of any real financial or reputational consequence to the club is unearthed.

And on a side note, if the allegations are true then Mr. Innes should be utterly ashamed of himself to claim he holds Clyde FC close to his heart whilst instigating these matters, especially in the current climate.

Agreed with the owner snobbery, folk put in plenty in other ways but if you aren’t an owner then you’re not privy to such info. 

Agreed with the owner snobbery, folk put in plenty in other ways but if you aren’t an owner then you’re not privy to such info. 
I get really annoyed with the owner secrecy shit. All fans deserve to know what's going on with our club.

A distant fan in Mongolia gets to know what's going on because he makes small contribution.
A season ticket holder has no such right.

That's simply not fair.

However, those saying they are not making donations because of this are wrong. It doesn't help the financial situation.

The club needs the money regardless of any ownership controversy.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I get really annoyed with the owner secrecy shit. All fans deserve to know what's going on with our club.

A distant fan in Mongolia gets to know what's going on because he makes small contribution.
A season ticket holder has no such right.

That's simply not fair.

However, those saying they are not making donations because of this are wrong. It doesn't help the financial situation.

The club needs the money regardless of any ownership controversy.

If you can guarantee the money will not go on lawyers fees or as a payout for some misdemeanour or error resulting in a loss to a previous chairman, I will make a donation.

If you can guarantee the money will not go on lawyers fees or as a payout for some misdemeanour or error resulting in a loss to a previous chairman, I will make a donation.

First of all, you're entitled to do with your own money whatever you choose. 

In saying that, it doesn't really matter what causes any potential financial deficit. It still has to be paid.

Whether it's a legal issue, previous losses or the loss of income from matches.

I'd hate to think that if the club folded. That I could helped to prevent it but I didn't because I didn't want Norrie Innes to benefit.

Would the club having to pay out to a previous chairman prevent me from contributing? No, the survival of my club will always be my priority.

It seems to be a common theme that whenever someone progressive or forward thinking gets involved with our club, we f**k it up and chase them off. Ronnie Macdonald, graham Roberts and now Innes being three examples that spring immediately to mind.

Roberts is interesting as he has done nothing since. No club jobs, just two unsuccessful spells managing the national teams of Pakistan and Nepal. You'd imagine his stock would have been relatively high after a second place finish and victory over Celtic.

Roberts is interesting as he has done nothing since. No club jobs, just two unsuccessful spells managing the national teams of Pakistan and Nepal. You'd imagine his stock would have been relatively high after a second place finish and victory over Celtic.

I think we finished 5th that season. Our form did collapse a bit after the Celtic win and subsequent humping off Gretna. Even still that team Roberts put together from nothing and that Celtic result were unbelievable.

Ah, must have got my seasons mixed up. In my confused memory we always finished second then! I remember him putting the team together from try outs which is amazing in a pretty much fully professional league.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

49 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

It seems to be a common theme that whenever someone progressive or forward thinking gets involved with our club, we f**k it up and chase them off. Ronnie Macdonald, graham Roberts and now Innes being three examples that spring immediately to mind.

His footballing side of things was good. The less said about the other stuff the better. Without going over old ground yet again, the fact he cannot get a job may hint at something.

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

What is the story with McInness ? What went on and how did we manage to fcuk it up?

It would appear other than alluding to there being a problem no one wants to tell us what it is. There is possibly good reason for that as you really do not want to wash your dirty linen in public nor encourage a feeding frenzy of speculation. However, now that the stable door has been opened the  questions will be asked , probably not answered, and rumours will flow.

That is what I was thinking or I had missed something that everyone knew. Personally I thought he was a great chairman and it was no coincidence that things were beginning to happen on the park with him at the helm, recruiting Danny and Allan deserves great credit.

AFAIA he just stepped away for family and business reasons but then all of a sudden he has become the enemy, as it is no one is willing to speak to say if it is justified,  for what it is worth I would welcome him back anytime.

That is what I was thinking or I had missed something that everyone knew. Personally I thought he was a great chairman and it was no coincidence that things were beginning to happen on the park with him at the helm, recruiting Danny and Allan deserves great credit.
AFAIA he just stepped away for family and business reasons but then all of a sudden he has become the enemy, as it is no one is willing to speak to say if it is justified,  for what it is worth I would welcome him back anytime.
Thought Inness was exactly what we needed someone with a bit of vision. The relationship seemed a lot better with NLC once he came on board, with the Arrira lounge being developed. To be honest I've no idea if he was the real deal or just another charlatan.

I'm not a member but from what little I've heard there is a dispute over a bill due to Inness or one of his firms for either work on the Arrira and/or food for playing staff plus hospitality.

If you buy a service from a provider that makes you a customer.  If you were a customer of a restaurant that was having either cash flow legal issues, would you really expect them to share that with you? 

Why should any business, including a football club, do that? If you were a shareholder or owner the expectation would be different.  Similarly if you were that owner or shareholder why on earth would you share that in a totally public way?

Information is tricky and the immature can be funny how they handle information.

If you buy a service from a provider that makes you a customer.  If you were a customer of a restaurant that was having either cash flow legal issues, would you really expect them to share that with you? 
Why should any business, including a football club, do that? If you were a shareholder or owner the expectation would be different.  Similarly if you were that owner or shareholder why on earth would you share that in a totally public way?
Information is tricky and the immature can be funny how they handle information.

Who can argue with that?

22 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

The restaurant would not ask me to donate to help solve their cash flow issue, would they?  The club need to consider how to get around this problem because there are people who spend a lot at the club but choose not to be an owner. Not an easy problem to solve but it isn't working currently. 

A business would seek additional financial support from their owners, sell assets, sell part of the company or go out of business.

I think it's unlikely they would first go to their customers for donations.

Would you donate to a restaurant owned by others?

A football team is completely different from other businesses.