Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

6 hours ago, maxruby said:

You do know me.

We have met at a number of games. We have exchanged handshakes and have acquaintances in common.

I do think it’s a bit rich for you to comment on my posts to back up your description of me as an odd ball.

Do you actually read your posts before pressing the submit/send/reply button when you are on either this platform or Facebook?

To be fair, shawfield acts the same in real life as he does online. Whereas you come across as decent in real life but a complete c**t online. 

To be fair, shawfield acts the same in real life as he does online. Whereas you come across as decent in real life but a complete c**t online. 

Are you implying that “shawfield”, to use your word, is a c**t both in real life and on line?

You may have to ask yourself regarding me,

“ Is it his real life or on line persona that is the c**t?”

(Trying to work out if c**t is more derogatory than “f*****g creep”, your epithet for me once on a certain Facebook group)

Getting some laugh out of the Falkirk and Thistle fans claiming they’ll be boycotting, they’ll not be at any away games next season then. 

Some mentality to think clubs should vote to help other teams out rather than themselves. 

Am I the only person who sees a danger in this?  The internet/social media is full of people suggesting 14,14,14 is the way out of this to avoid relegation for PTFC and Hearts. That frankly would be disastrous for us & yet I see no reaction from the club on it, and not much from our fans. In fact the club voted to make the SPFL commit to all league reconstruction options. This could be an own goal of epic proportions if not handled pragmatically.  

The club accepts that this Resolution, though not perfect, delivers a degree of certainty and closure in rapidly changing times, which will benefit the club as it negotiates uncharted territory.

We believe that the Resolution, if passed, will commit the SPFL to consider all league reconstruction options, to ensure that clubs are not affected negatively by events. We look forward to participating in that process so that Scottish Football as a whole can move forward positively and quickly when it is safe for all to do so.

Am I the only person who sees a danger in this?  The internet/social media is full of people suggesting 14,14,14 is the way out of this to avoid relegation for PTFC and Hearts. That frankly would be disastrous for us & yet I see no reaction from the club on it, and not much from our fans. In fact the club voted to make the SPFL commit to all league reconstruction options. This could be an own goal of epic proportions if not handled pragmatically.  

The club accepts that this Resolution, though not perfect, delivers a degree of certainty and closure in rapidly changing times, which will benefit the club as it negotiates uncharted territory.

We believe that the Resolution, if passed, will commit the SPFL to consider all league reconstruction options, to ensure that clubs are not affected negatively by events. We look forward to participating in that process so that Scottish Football as a whole can move forward positively and quickly when it is safe for all to do so.

There's been plenty of posts from Clyde fans on the SPFL recommendation thread on 14-14-14. There has been nothing official on restructuring so nothing really for the club to comment on.

Any restructure needs an 11 to 1 majority in the premiership plus Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and Cove would all be likely to vote against from league 1 & 2.

Promoting the top 2 in each league with no relegation is about the fairest way I can see out the current situation.

I'll be glad to see any football anytime soon. Really pessimistic at the moment. 

Nice video just released by the club on our YouTube channel.
Just realised that if matches were still going ahead, we'd have just beaten Falkirk for the 4th time yesterday.

There's been plenty of posts from Clyde fans on the SPFL recommendation thread on 14-14-14. There has been nothing official on restructuring so nothing really for the club to comment on.

Any restructure needs an 11 to 1 majority in the premiership plus Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar and Cove would all be likely to vote against from league 1 & 2.

Promoting the top 2 in each league with no relegation is about the fairest way I can see out the current situation.

I think it’s a disaster for us and shouldn’t be allowed to happen with zero notice.

The thing that worries me though is Clyde, Forfar, Peterhead and cove are the only ones getting properly shafted. (Plus kelty/Brora). I doubt many will lose sleep over upsetting a handful of smaller clubs.

Ann Budge made reference to league reorganisation in her statement today:

"Given that the Resolution is not yet approved and given that time is marching on, I can confirm that Hearts, either alone or in conjunction with other Clubs, will be proposing a Temporary Adjustment to the Leagues, aimed at bringing matters to a close in a manner that ensures no Club is financially penalised as a consequence of these exceptional circumstances"

So looks like a proposal will be made. Hopefully, it fails.

Ann Budge made reference to league reorganisation in her statement today:

"Given that the Resolution is not yet approved and given that time is marching on, I can confirm that Hearts, either alone or in conjunction with other Clubs, will be proposing a Temporary Adjustment to the Leagues, aimed at bringing matters to a close in a manner that ensures no Club is financially penalised as a consequence of these exceptional circumstances"

So looks like a proposal will be made. Hopefully, it fails.

I think it’s more likely to be 2 up with no relegation that’s proposed. That’s the only model that doesn’t really harm anyone.

It’s not ideal as we lose games against Falkirk and raith replaced by cove and Edinburgh (so a major drop in away gates). No thistle either. But it’s probably the best of several far from ideal options.

Why should there be no relegation though? Hearts, Partick and Stranraer are the three teams who have been bottom of their respective leagues the longest and fully deserve to go down. 

The fairest way is 3 up with those three down. As usual the governing bodies doing all they can to help the big teams out. 

It would be good if the club publicly put it out there that there is an issue in terms of any 14 team set up. Everyone else seems to do so before any discussion takes place. I guarantee neither SPFL or any club has even considered or cares that we would be the  team that ends up suffering over this (Peterhead and Forfar would also have a grievance, Stranraer to a less extent possibly).

To finish the leagues is simple in my opinion. Give all teams an average points/ goals plus or minus for the remaining games that is the same for the previous 8 played ( I think that was the amount left to play ) Once the mathematicians finish counting, we have the final league positions and much needed funds can be issued. As for reconstruction, I would say 2 leagues would do in this country. Keep the Scottish Cup and the Irn-Bru cup ( for the bottom league and highland/lowland teams) Teams play each other Home and Away once in a season with 2 up/ 2 down and Play-Offs for a 3rd promotion/relegation. Why not do it properly and change the season start and finish so we play more through the summer?

6 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Waiting for the 14-14-14 to gain momentum to the point where you cannot stop it is not the way to deal with this. Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar need to be shouting that we lose out in that structure before it is too late. 14-18-10/12 is the answer - I hear no one putting it forward. If the 12 vote for something they will get it as deals will be done - just look at the past 48 hours.

Clyde fan for 50 years and absolute detest Thistle, but something doesn't sit well about a club being relegated based on league points, when they've played a game less. 

Hearts and Stranraer have been pish poor all.season and don't deserve to stay up, but that Championship is too close.

League re-org? Hell no!  You don't start campaign and change the outcome part way through.  We've lost out in re orgs too many times in the past, but on each occasion it was made clear before a ball was kicked at the START of the season.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC

16 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Waiting for the 14-14-14 to gain momentum to the point where you cannot stop it is not the way to deal with this. Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar need to be shouting that we lose out in that structure before it is too late. 14-18-10/12 is the answer - I hear no one putting it forward. If the 12 vote for something they will get it as deals will be done - just look at the past 48 hours.

They'd likely come out with a response along the lines of "we aren't relegating those sides, we are promoting the whole of league 2."

Edited by C. Muir