Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Has there been a game this season that we've been favourites for in which we haven't turned in a largely shite performance? It seems like we only ever perform well in games where we're expected to do naff all. The buck has to stop with Lennon on this - this squad and his overall recruitment record simply isn't good enough, before you even begin to look at his selections and tactics. God help us next season, too, if we stay up with a number of these frauds on two-year deals.

Has there been a game this season that we've been favourites for in which we haven't turned in a largely shite performance? It seems like we only ever perform well in games where we're expected to do naff all. The buck has to stop with Lennon on this - this squad and his overall recruitment record simply isn't good enough, before you even begin to look at his selections and tactics. God help us next season, too, if we stay up with a number of these frauds on two-year deals.

Amazed the bookies had us as favourites for that tonight. Dumbarton were 2/1 to win, like printing money.

28 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Shite. Shite. Shite. Tactics all wrong (AGAIN). Dog fight now between us forfar and cheaterhead

We won’t be in any dogfight, on recent evidence we are in free fall of Barry Ferguson proportions, can we arrest it?

I don’t think so, not with that team of inconsistent chancers.

We won’t be in any dogfight, on recent evidence we are in free fall of Barry Ferguson proportions, can we arrest it?
I don’t think so, not with that team of inconsistent chancers.

To be fair Stranraer, Forfar, Peterhead and even Dumbarton have all been in pretty rank form. None of them seem capable of picking up many points either (except when playing us which is the main worry).

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

To be fair Stranraer, Forfar, Peterhead and even Dumbarton have all been in pretty rank form. None of them seem capable of picking up many points either (except when playing us which is the main worry).

Oh of course- what are we all so worried about? Panic over.

Tonight proves that Danny made a huge mistake in handing out contracts whilst emotions were high from the play offs. 

Lamont, McNiff, Rumsby, Cuddihy, Lyon, Duffie and Fitzpatrick all not good enough at this level. Harsh on Cuddihy and a lesser extent Rumsby, but the former has been a huge disappointment this season. 

Recently Grant has been poor as has McStay who in my opinion is very inconsistent. 

Summer signings very poor Im afraid with the exception of Mitchell. Wallace, failure and already away. Smith, failure and probably won't feature much for the rest of the season. Johnstone, failure - hasn't lived up to the hype and a guy who was meant to be our big signing is stuck on the bench, the raith fans were right about him. 

Unfortunately January signings with the exception of Lang have been disappointing, expected decent things from Wylde but can see why he's ended up with us. 

With that, I love Danny to bits but ultimately the blame is with him, he made those signings. I'm not calling for Lennon to go, far from it, but ultimately we need to get to the end of the season and stay in this league, then a massive clear out is needed and Danny is definitely the right man to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Tonight proves that Danny made a huge mistake in handing out contracts whilst emotions were high from the play offs. 

Lamont, McNiff, Rumsby, Cuddihy, Lyon, Duffie and Fitzpatrick all not good enough at this level. Harsh on Cuddihy and a lesser extent Rumsby, but the former has been a huge disappointment this season. 

Recently Grant has been poor as has McStay who in my opinion is very inconsistent. 

Summer signings very poor Im afraid with the exception of Mitchell. Wallace, failure and already away. Smith, failure and probably won't feature much for the rest of the season. Johnstone, failure - hasn't lived up to the hype and a guy who was meant to be our big signing is stuck on the bench, the raith fans were right about him. 

Unfortunately January signings with the exception of Lang have been disappointing, expected decent things from Wylde but can see why he's ended up with us. 

With that, I love Danny to bits but ultimately the blame is with him, he made those signings. I'm not calling for Lennon to go, far from it, but ultimately we need to get to the end of the season and stay in this league, then a massive clear out is needed and Danny is definitely the right man to do that. 

Is your last paragraph not a bit of a contradiction?

8 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

He can start by getting Lamont so far to f**k. He is an absolute waster in the middle of the park and passes more to the opposition than their own players do. Ive seen crisp pokes blown about in the wind fly into challenges harder than he does too. He can be closely followed by Smith, Lyon, Duffie, Fitzpatrick, McNiff and Cuddihy.

I'd actually stick with Johnston because we have seen what he can do. He just needs to be more consistent.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

6 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

Is your last paragraph not a bit of a contradiction?

No, it is not. I'm saying he made a c**t of it but I trust him to remedy it. No one was complaining at the time when all the signings were being mate, he's been let down by a fair few of them. 

6 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

He can start by getting Lamont so far to f**k. He is an absolute waster in the middle of the park and passes more to the opposition than their own players do. Ive seen crisp pokes blown about in the wind fly into challenges harder than he does too. He can be closely followed by Smith, Lyon, Duffie, Fitzpatrick, McNiff and Cuddihy.

I'd actually stick with Johnston because we have seen what he can do. He just needs to be more consistent.

Nah, he doesn't track back and leaves the full back exposed to often  he should be playing up top with Goodie but for some reason that's no happening. 

Well that was pish. Can we get the real Goodwillie back please? Not this lookalike that can’t seem to get in a position to get a shot at goal. We’d be as well playing Mcniff up front to win the ball and have Goodwillie in behind. Lang and Mcniff look decent together but Grant Mcstay Lamont aren’t moving the ball quick enough, all too predictable. We seem to have no spark, no drive, It’s hard to watch. I was under no illusion that this season would be tough but we’ve had enough time to adjust to the league to know what we need to do to compete , even with the teams around us. Forfar bossed us, Peterhead bossed us, Stranraer bossed us ( 2 games out of 3 ). McAllister ran riot at Broadwood but had hardly scored all season against anyone else. Doris won everything that came near him and we couldn’t get the ball of Stevenson. Doris and Stevenson aren’t exactly in the prime of their careers but we made them look like superstars. Danny and Allan need to get this squad to believe in themselves. There has been games this season when we have been great to watch, where we looked like we believed in ourselves and the players around us but they have been few and far between. Falkirk are a better team now as are Montrose so DL needs to work out how we stop this downward spiral or it’s back to the abyss of League 2 . I , for one, am worried.

7 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

No, it is not. I'm saying he made a c**t of it but I trust him to remedy it. No one was complaining at the time when all the signings were being mate, he's been let down by a fair few of them. 

Oh right - he made a Cnut of it AND he’s been let down by players. To be honest, how many of his signings have been a success? Mitchell, for sure. Howie at CB yes not RB. Lang, for sure but he didn’t play him in his natural position for months until Cogill got injured, CJ, No, Smith, No, Wallace No, Fitzpatrick, No, I could go on....... what part of any of this gives you the reason to trust he’ll remedy things with a completely new squad? I personally don’t think he has the contacts in football we’d expect of him and the sooner we appoint a well connected Director of Football to help bring players of the right standard to compete for promotion to the Championship, the better.

Danny has been given everything, he’s a very nice, friendly, approachable person and yes I believe he’s developed a real affinity with the Club..... but, 2 wins in 14 games.... not scored for a month, lack lustre performances, shocking finishing, poor tactics,  all very real criticisms...... something has to give eventually.

His post match interviews are becoming very repetitive, loaded with cliches and comments about believing in the quality in the dressing room. 
Well just over a quarter of the season to go and we’re 1 point off the playoff spot- I hope, I really hope, we turn things around..... but we’re running out of time for Danny to get this right.

6 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Can we stop relying on one player

Think it’s 3 at the moment.

But, as far as Goodie is concerned it’s tactically absurd to have a player of his quality so isolated. We have to play to his strengths and he’ll start scoring loads again.

Very frustrating times- and it has proved unequivocally that the difference in league 1 is bigger than we thought.

A better standard of player is needed- hungrier- more aggressive and up for the fight when needed too.

i can’t see why ( if we stay in this league) we’d keep too many to just go through this again.

Too many league 2 players in this team. Mcniff, lamont, Johnson, mcstay etc

We are sleepwalking to relegation and I wouldn't be surprised if Stranraer catch us cause i dont see us scoring nevermind picking up another point this season. Thank f**k I cant make the Falkirk game cause we are utter dog shite. We look a poor league 2 side

3 hours ago, HughieMc said:

I personally don’t think he has the contacts in football we’d expect of him and the sooner we appoint a well connected Director of Football to help bring players of the right standard to compete for promotion to the Championship, the better.

If Danny Lennon AND Allan Moore don't have the required contacts between them, who exactly do you think does have and would be willing to join the club? Let alone wherever you're getting the money to pay for a Director of Football.