Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

As for the chat of people raging because the ex chairman's son has a position at Clyde, f**k off... Do you all think and act the same way as your Dad's? Didn't think so. David is one of the most hard working selfless people you will ever find. He opened and operated the first fans bar at Broadwood, he runs fans v fans games. Does a shitload for the club with little to no thanks yet c***s don't like him because of who his dad is... f**k off man [emoji849]
This ^

8 hours ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

A new low in the life of my club today. We have another Alexlier on the board. WTF. Did we not learn from the past with this family.

f**k up man. All you do is talk shite on here. Dave's done more for Clyde in a day than you've probably ever done.

What is it then? 

His performance as the hospitality manager- my title for him- during 2015/2016 was not great. I have documented evidence to substantiate my claim.
I have met David and I have not one iota of bad feeling towards him. I believe that if he has improved his general administrative skills then we have an asset on the board. I await the results to be harnessed from his new position. Is that reply suffice?

2 minutes ago, maxruby said:

His performance as the hospitality manager- my title for him- during 2015/2016 was not great. I have documented evidence to substantiate my claim.
I have met David and I have not one iota of bad feeling towards him. I believe that if he has improved his general administrative skills then we have an asset on the board. I await the results to be harnessed from his new position. Is that reply suffice?

If you can do a better job and do it for free then be his guest, I'm sure he'll happily step aside. If not, find an alternative or shut the f**k up

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

3 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Will his position affect you checking the clyde scores from england?

Well I didn’t think my place of abode would come up in this conversation. I thought that 32 games in 2015 through to 2019 might count. “ Owner” for a lot of years, programme subscriber for many seasons- ok not this one- would allow me a comment. I’m so hurt!

12 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

How is Smith getting on with you boys? Ok in spells but pretty anonymous in other games? Would take him back in a flash. Currie and Nicoll have been brilliant so far...it’s other parts of the team which don’t seem to be clicking at times.

I’ve been disappointed by him, find him extremely frustrating & wasteful. Not to mention his inability to stay onside. 

Having said that he scored a cracker away to Falkirk to win us the 3 points & had another quality finish at your ground in the Scottish Cup. 

Hopefully after a promising sub appearance last Saturday he can kick on. 

Regarding your comments on Currie I noticed he let one in from about 3 miles away the other week & you’ve now signed a new keeper. Has he been dropped? 

I was at the Falkirk Clyde game. You fully deserved your victory that day. Strange you haven’t really followed up with a consistent run of form but still time.

Currie had a shocker against Brechin but he’s a cracking keeper at league 2 level. He got injured so I’d imagine Hogarth has come in to provide competition for Binnie until Currie returns.

At least you have some background and interaction with a David. Your fellow “fan” can’t even make up a derogatory version  of the family name without a spelling mistake. 

it’s like Gary with two R’s ffs!

My fellow “fan”? Good that you seem to know so much about Clyde supporters England Branch! Get on the owners forum and we can all get to introduce ourselves!

I was at the Falkirk Clyde game. You fully deserved your victory that day. Strange you haven’t really followed up with a consistent run of form but still time.

Currie had a shocker against Brechin but he’s a cracking keeper at league 2 level. He got injured so I’d imagine Hogarth has come in to provide competition for Binnie until Currie returns.

Binnie is injured too, done his ankle ligaments

9 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Our 5 wins this season have been Falkirk x2, Airdrie, Dumbarton and Stranraer. We also came back from 0-2 at home to Raith to get a draw. Seem to relish the challenge of playing the "better" sides in the league but struggle in the nitty gritty games against the sides around us. We've had laughably bad luck on the injury front too to be fair.

Aye Currie is a good goalie at that level. Despite conceding 9 goals against us this season his brother at Stranraer is good too.