Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I don't think club internals being posted on a public forum for everyone to see is a great idea. Maybe they can be posted on the website forum but I certainly won't be posting anything here about the agm. 
Why not? Are only 40/50 fans to know?

Why should season ticket holder, paying fans etc not know what's going on at the club?

Why does it all need to be secret?

As a paying fan I hear rumours and stories of financial problems, legal issues etc. Surely the facts would be better than any rumour.

I'm sure if any bale outs are required it won't just be just members asked on the official forum.

I don't think club internals being posted on a public forum for everyone to see is a great idea. Maybe they can be posted on the website forum but I certainly won't be posting anything here about the agm. 
The website forum is only accessible to members. The members should of course get all the details but a summary should be posted on the club website so as not to keep the rest of the fan base in the dark. It being a fan owned structure means things are always going to leak.

I’m a member, season ticket etc, etc etc. Missed the AGM this year and in the dark like everyone else., no communication whatsoever from the club on any any forum on this or any other matter.  
Which to be fair is no change from the norm; communication is/ was never high on the Clubs priority it seems. Unless of course there is nothing share or able to share perhaps. 

Did you enjoy your season out of the 2nd division.

Back you go.

From what I have been told you need to get through to the next round of the cup and draw Celtic or Rangers to pay the bills.

Just like last time with Ronnie your board backed the wrong person. Should have supported Innes.

4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Why not? Are only 40/50 fans to know?

Why should season ticket holder, paying fans etc not know what's going on at the club?

Why does it all need to be secret?

As a paying fan I hear rumours and stories of financial problems, legal issues etc. Surely the facts would be better than any rumour.

I'm sure if any bale outs are required it won't just be just members asked on the official forum.

Owners are asked not to reveal accounts - annual report etc to any of the other social media platforms prior to the AGM- by Mr Gordon Nisbet,  AGM  was last Thursday- 

Open season I’d say 

Owners are asked not to reveal accounts - annual report etc to any of the other social media platforms prior to the AGM- by Mr Gordon Nisbet,  AGM  was last Thursday- 

Open season I’d say 
No one asked for the accounts or the annual report.

I don't see the problem giving a general update to Clyde fans at large.

Genuine question. How many other clubs issue details of what happens at their board's AGM to their fans?

If it is not the norm then why would we?

It's really not rocket science and not at all expensive to have access to and participate in the AGM.

Become a member and discover it's not really a secret society, but to not exercise discretion in internal affairs would be totally unprofessional and foolhardy.

I'll no doubt get the usual accusations of being some kind of Board apologist, but I really can't get my head round the reasoning behind not becoming a member if information on the running of the Club is important to you?

Genuine question. How many other clubs issue details of what happens at their board's AGM to their fans?
If it is not the norm then why would we?
It's really not rocket science and not at all expensive to have access to and participate in the AGM.
Become a member and discover it's not really a secret society, but to not exercise discretion in internal affairs would be totally unprofessional and foolhardy.
I'll no doubt get the usual accusations of being some kind of Board apologist, but I really can't get my head round the reasoning behind not becoming a member if information on the running of the Club is important to you?
I don't know the answer to your question but do you think it's acceptable that the majority of Clyde fans are left completely in the dark about their club?

Surely the point of membership was to give fans a chance to have a say (and vote) in the running of the club, not to keep nonmembers absolutely ignorant.

I'll stop my moaning now but look forward to all future funding appeals from the club being directed only at members.

17 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

Many fans including myself are in the position to donate to the club substantial amounts of real hard cash but holding back for more and clearer information.

So why not become an owner, or contact a director to discuss the matter with them? They are eminently approachable.

22 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I don't know the answer to your question but do you think it's acceptable that the majority of Clyde fans are left completely in the dark about their club?

Surely the point of membership was to give fans a chance to have a say (and vote) in the running of the club, not to keep nonmembers absolutely ignorant.

I'll stop my moaning now but look forward to all future funding appeals from the club being directed only at members.

I think it is both acceptable and appropriate that the Club's internal affairs are not bandied around a public forum.

I have no doubts that most genuinely interested serious fans will have access to the main issues through contacts without the need to post them on forums like this. 

Of course the point of ownership/membership is to give fans the chance/right to have a say and vote in the running of the Club and it is open to all fans at a ridiculously affordable annual membership.

I'll say one last time that I genuinely don't understand the reluctance of serious fans to join.