Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Well that was something today then... I feel that our squad is really small and we seem to be struggling with the injuries right now. But even still our benches never seem to look threatening at all?

And thoughts on smith? I think he has been absolutely dire every time he's played in a Clyde shirt, and today didn't even manage a shot the whole game apparently? 

Didnt he score regularly for Stirling ...

Edited - 54 from 121 . Approx 18 goals each season for 3, Thats decent return..

I personally was looking forward to him in a clyde shirt and fingers crossed he gets run in the team if Love needs time to rest injury and if rumour o norway has fallen out with DL re injury is true

Well that was something today then... I feel that our squad is really small and we seem to be struggling with the injuries right now. But even still our benches never seem to look threatening at all?

And thoughts on smith? I think he has been absolutely dire every time he's played in a Clyde shirt, and today didn't even manage a shot the whole game apparently? 
Smith had the ball in the net but was disallowed for Love being offside rather than Smith for a change. He has been pretty disappointing but he usually played on the left for Stirling rather than up front.

We've been unlucky with injuries this season. Syvertsen looked really good preseason but then got injured. Rankin had a few set backs and Love, Lyon and Cuddihy all been injured too. Anyone know where Petkov was today? He had a good game at Dumbarton last week.

10 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Smith had the ball in the net but was disallowed for Love being offside rather than Smith for a change. He has been pretty disappointing but he usually played on the left for Stirling rather than up front.

We've been unlucky with injuries this season. Syvertsen looked really good preseason but then got injured. Rankin had a few set backs and Love, Lyon and Cuddihy all been injured too. Anyone know where Petkov was today? He had a good game at Dumbarton last week.

Apparently petkov had a stag doo according to the other thread? Ashame as he made a big impact at Dumbarton last week

3 hours ago, TamClyde said:

Apparently petkov had a stag doo according to the other thread? Ashame as he made a big impact at Dumbarton last week

Says on the website Petkov was missing due to international commitments. 

I doubt pro footballers are allowed to miss games on a Saturday to go on a stag weekend 😂

I don't think I voiced my opinion on the thread but I genuinely feared the worst after our pre season. To be sitting where we are at after the first quarter (despite some disappointments along the way) is very pleasing.  Injuries will be our main challenge this season, if we can get and keep the players we have fit we should be fine. A couple of long term injuries and I think we would definitely need to start looking at loans

4 hours ago, Clyde_1977 said:

I don't think I voiced my opinion on the thread but I genuinely feared the worst after our pre season. To be sitting where we are at after the first quarter (despite some disappointments along the way) is very pleasing.  Injuries will be our main challenge this season, if we can get and keep the players we have fit we should be fine. A couple of long term injuries and I think we would definitely need to start looking at loans

Yesterday was clearly very dissapointing but I agree with the above. Mid table and well established now in League One and with all to play for especially given so many injuries. 

Lennon telling Thistle where to go, a much improved atmosphere and a growing support. Clyde had the biggest gate fo the day, by a margin ex Raith in the division and clearly a team, who may not be the finished article, but have a great spirit. 

I guess yesterday does show a lot more to be done if Clyde are really to challenge but I would say a great first quarter of the season. 

See with your man who shouts: 'C'mon the Bully Wee, c'mon Clyde, c'mon David Goodwillie, c'mon Clyde'. Is there no' a merchandising opportunity there? You know: plush-toys, fridge magnets, birthday cards, aw that gear.

See with your man who shouts: 'C'mon the Bully Wee, c'mon Clyde, c'mon David Goodwillie, c'mon Clyde'. Is there no' a merchandising opportunity there? You know: plush-toys, fridge magnets, birthday cards, aw that gear.
I love hearing it and anticipating the next sentence.

Sometimes I even mouth the words to myself.