Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

17 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I've never understood why players friends and family get complementary tickets.

If you worked in a cinema, are your friends and family entitled to get in for nothing?

If you work in a restaurant, do your friends and family eat for nothing?

How many of the hard working and hard cash paying Clyde supporters get entirely free service from their employer? I'd guess, pretty few.

Was behind Peter Grant at Ochilview, as he and a couple of young men. possibly relatives of Ray, happily paid in. 

On 01/08/2019 at 16:34, Scott-Replay said:

Based on Saturday's showing, Lennon's consideration of Johnston as a 'ten', really shouldn't be a feature for too long. We may have led at HT, but the flaws were there for all to see. Putting CJ to the right and Smith out left, just by their being in position, arguably got us the point that the backline seemed determined to throw away. Good game management, i felt. 

Longer term, i felt last year that Rankin splitiing Grant and McStay was a mistake, and the two youngsters should be permitted to make their mistakes and learn, and i'd say the same again this year, although the acquisition and form of Wallace should see him as a first pick. A flat, solid three in the centre is the ONLY way we can line up, with the current squad, and still protect McNiff, who simply looks shot to f**k yet appears immovable. Thats where we're at, right now. Dangerous as f**k in attack, and piss poor at the back. 

First game of the season for me, and after reading about the pre-season performances, I was expecting a lot worse.

Defence was definitely not bulletproof, but also wasn't as much of a bombscare as I feared. Petkov looks like he will be a very solid defender, great tackling although maybe a bit brainless. I am a huge fan of McNiff, and I have to admit he was far shakier looking than last year, I only hope he can regain his form. Howie was terrifying and I hope never to see him at right back again.

Going forward, we had some really good moments, hampered heavily by an invalid Goodwillie who was barely moving. Johnston has fantastic skill and tenacity, but is very light weight. Wallace was unremarkable. Smith I thought looks like a great player, a lot of speed and strength and will definitely get goals. Was very disappointed that he didn't go up front when Gpodie went off, think he could have made a difference with Lamont and Johnston behind him.

I am optimistic, our team still has a much higher ceiling we can stretch to when our injured players return.

Excellent wee video. Broadwood looking pretty splendid too (and I wasn't sure I'd ever say that). It's impossible not to be endeared by Danny either, a real gent.
said on saturday the stadium looks really good well done to NLL [emoji106]

Excellent wee video. Broadwood looking pretty splendid too (and I wasn't sure I'd ever say that). It's impossible not to be endeared by Danny either, a real gent.
its a terrific video facilities look top notch

58 minutes ago, chas said:

Good facilities always helps to attract players to the club.

Certainly  that’s what Queens Park say.

Must be true as they don’t pay players😛

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 hour ago, shawfielder said:

Just noticed Petkov scored tonight for Hearts u21s  against Albion Rovers in the Challenge cup,  take it loan signings parent clubs get first choice in domestic cups.

As long as it isn't in contravention of any SFA rule. Don't think I could cope with another points reduction! 

On the subject of comp tickets - I agree with most in that it does seem as though they are being given out too freely. They shouldn't be given to anyone other than local kids and perhaps as a sweetener to prospective sponsors/partners/investors. It may be true that most comp ticket users wouldn't come along if it wasn't for the free ticket but to allow this to continue is an insult to those of us who do pay. It hasn't always been the case, (particularly in recent years) but the current squad definitely merit supporters paying in to watch them play.