Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

18 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

He actually played in midfield while with Birmingham and Rangers, albeit in each case not for all that long.

I yield to your research efforts👍 

More to the point we did not convert him from a midfielder to a Centre Back as per the point you were making. You  may stay on the internet though, you!

Just now, HughieMc said:

I yield to your research efforts👍 

More to the point we did not convert him from a midfielder to a Centre Back as per the point you were making. You  may stay on the internet though, you!

Aye, general point I was making is that we've had players who've played in midfield and then moved back and done really well. We done our damndest to turn Lang into a right-back, mind. Thank heaven it didn't work out.

Read the stuff about the budget maybe being stretched.  Boyle replaced by Smith.  Nicoll replaced by Wallace.  Banks replaced by Johnston.  Currie replaced by Mitchell.  Lang, Cogill & Stewart replaced by Howie.  Fitzpatrick put on pro terms.  That's breaking the bank now, is it? OK.....
Also listened to Danny's comments yesterday.  He seems to be saying two things, first the suggestion there's a few players still celebrating last season and no turned up yet. ..his words, no mine.  What I do know is we've a very strong pool of midfielders and strikers, including those that have to return from injury.  If they're allowed to focus on doing their job we'll have no worries there.
But as Danny's also saying, the defence is a problem & if it's not sorted it'll start to affect the whole team, absolutely no question, seen it time & time again.  Feel for McNiff a bit, he's getting scapegoated.  He got brought in last season more for his experience than being a natural LB & it worked for us, but that can only go on so long.   DL's an honest enough fella & accepts responsibility lies with him.  He knew what he let go so must have known what he'd need to strengthen.  Sounds like one of the positions might be sorted out this week, but he'll have to sort out the other.   If he does,  that'll make a big difference to the whole team & we'll be fine....but he'll need to.
we do need to sort out the defence we need at least 2 to come in CH and LB
Mcniff is getting a hard time , but his performaces have been appalling its not just playing out of position ( which he is ) but he is struggling to do the basics , he isnt as bad as he has be playing in the last 4 games ,needs taken out of the team for our sake and his own Hopefully we have some reinforcements in soon ( defence ) if not then we are in for a torrid first 4 games of the season
going forward middle to front have no worries at all

11 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

Aye, general point I was making is that we've had players who've played in midfield and then moved back and done really well. We done our damndest to turn Lang into a right-back, mind. Thank heaven it didn't work out.

Agreed- he did it as he wanted to play- but was never comfortable there, by his own admission.

Do feel bit sorry for Mcniff aswell (Effort never in doubt) and Lennon must be perhaps trying to persist/coach him due to the player signing an improved longer deal.

Cant see him resigning him and not playing him as much as possible. Mansgere responsibility/choice after all.

Do trust DL 110% just concerned a bit but suppose that comes with the unknown and the fear of ever returning to the league of death [emoji106]

6 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Read the stuff about the budget .....

Also listened to Danny's comments yesterday.  He seems to be saying two things, first the suggestion there's a few players still celebrating last season and no turned up yet...

But as Danny's also saying, the defence is a problem & if it's not sorted it'll start to affect the whole team, absolutely no question, seen it time & time again.  Feel for McNiff a bit, he's getting scapegoated...   DL's an honest enough fella & accepts responsibility lies with him.  He knew what he let go so must have known what he'd need to strengthen...

I hope I've snipped Brighton Clyde's post fairly. Budget: DL has made these acquisitions, if they're not good enough that's HIS issue, imo.  I don't get "still celebrating" Ross County & Arbroath had success last term and have had decent BF Cup campaigns. Celebrating or just an excuse? 

I'm a DL fan and grateful for what he's done at Clyde but last close-season's recruitment wasn't very good.  If he is so honest let's see some evidence and NOT pin all our hopes on a loan that is still to happen, or deflecting by pointing at injuries.

Alex Smith's bull$#it was always to talk about youth coming through and BF claimed his hands were tied cos he only had the squad twice a week. Let's hope DL doesn't go down that sort of Avenue, by obscuring facts with irrelevances like nae dough and players with sore legs. 

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Hangry

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

That's excluding several players signing new contracts. Having performed well and got us promotion, most will presumably have got at least small wage increases. Some (Grant? McStay?) maybe larger increases.

I would also assume Chris Johnston is getting more than Banks loan would have cost us (just guessing there though).

Plus new contracts for the manager & assistant. That's not to say the budget is used up, but it will have had an impact on it.

Probably have been some slight wage increases and of course the managerial wage is paid over the two years (in addition to the sponsored BMW!), but just overall

Currently 1 player less than last season.  We're not talking about signing a load more, probably two and probably on loan, so one of those would counter Banks.  Did we get any sort of compensation for Lang?

They made close on an extra £10k for finishing 2nd compared to the season before, in fact if we finish bottom of L1 we'll earn £5k more than we did from last season.  The gate money from the playoffs will have at least given them some more & though it won't be massive, gate receipts will likely be up given some of the teams in L1.  Apparently season ticket sales are up & there's the ongoing fundraising  aimed at the supporters that'll be at least matched by the previous season.  Add to that match day income's likely to have increased with the addition of the Arria (I assume)

So on that basis I don't understand the idea that we're looking to break the bank by signing a couple extra players, especially on loan. 

There is "a" jump in standard to L1 but it's not massive, much more to Championship level.  If he sorts out the defence we should be pushing for top 4.  If he doesn't / resources aren't made available...2 players....are we really wanting to ri$k a quick return?

If that's true then it was introduced last season and they didn't put it in their rules and regulations. It's only ever been Premier league playoffs where gate money is pooled.

Edited by David W

Probably have been some slight wage increases and of course the managerial wage is paid over the two years (in addition to the sponsored BMW!), but just overall
Currently 1 player less than last season.  We're not talking about signing a load more, probably two and probably on loan, so one of those would counter Banks.  Did we get any sort of compensation for Lang?
They made close on an extra £10k for finishing 2nd compared to the season before, in fact if we finish bottom of L1 we'll earn £5k more than we did from last season.  The gate money from the playoffs will have at least given them some more & though it won't be massive, gate receipts will likely be up given some of the teams in L1.  Apparently season ticket sales are up & there's the ongoing fundraising  aimed at the supporters that'll be at least matched by the previous season.  Add to that match day income's likely to have increased with the addition of the Arria (I assume)
So on that basis I don't understand the idea that we're looking to break the bank by signing a couple extra players, especially on loan. 
There is "a" jump in standard to L1 but it's not massive, much more to Championship level.  If he sorts out the defence we should be pushing for top 4.  If he doesn't / resources aren't made available...2 players....are we really wanting to ri$k a quick return?

the rumours are the budget is done in , how true that is dont know ,but on here we had fans talking about loans overdrafts etc again how true who knows But apart from fans putting even more money in there doesnt seem to be any other revenue streams ,they are asking us to give them leads for match sponsor . there should be better attendances but had that already been factored in? I would hope there is money left for a couple of players

ps dont really think there is much more money to come from the fans at the moment that has been well and truley maxed out

53 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

they are asking us to give them leads for match sponsor .

I don't know the state of the books, was just looking at what appears to be some level of increased revenue based on similar staff levels.  But on this one, that's the commercial dept's job.  If they can't get anyone to do that adequately from within the club, support base included, they'll need to source from outwith like they did for the lawyer.   The initiatives aimed at the support are OK, but yes they're maxed out & if there's an over reliance on them that's a serious problem.

They've just been sponsored by NLL.  COMPLETELY wild guess here, but could be they'll have a few leads into the local business community.......

The lad  Declan Fitzpatrick  seemed to do well at CH out on loan according to Clydebank. Know that way we've plenty strikers but a bit thin on the ground elsewhere....just me then?

I don't know the state of the books, was just looking at what appears to be some level of increased revenue based on similar staff levels.  But on this one, that's the commercial dept's job.  If they can't get anyone to do that adequately from within the club, support base included, they'll need to source from outwith like they did for the lawyer.   The initiatives aimed at the support are OK, but yes they're maxed out & if there's an over reliance on them that's a serious problem.
They've just been sponsored by NLL.  COMPLETELY wild guess here, but could be they'll have a few leads into the local business community.......
The lad  Declan Fitzpatrick  seemed to do well at CH out on loan according to Clydebank. Know that way we've plenty strikers but a bit thin on the ground elsewhere....just me then?
ive no idea about budget but i agree revenue should have increased even through the 200 fund

was fitzpatrick signed as a striker for this season ? looks like it ,the boy just looks like a centre half thats been stuck up front for the last 10 mins of a game wins headers thats about it route 1 football at its crudest

26 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

ive no idea about budget but i agree revenue should have increased even through the 200 fund

was fitzpatrick signed as a striker for this season ? looks like it ,the boy just looks like a centre half thats been stuck up front for the last 10 mins of a game wins headers thats about it route 1 football at its crudest

Hes a shite version of Brian McQueen up front!

17 minutes ago, Bearded Bully said:

It's a shame Patrice Evra has officially retired today, he could've done a job for us at LB,  even at 38 years of age! 

Absolutely - I heard he was looking for 200 a week to keep up his lifestyle

on the question of the budget ... I think it may be gone, going by the latest announcement that they want you to pay a £5 for the privilage of having a drink now in the Arria and you have to pre-book if they have not sold all the hospitality. 

So your Season ticket gets you F' all apart into the games now.

The Arria brought the fans together last year, but now this is only going to create a division with those who can afford ..... 

Sorry, this season is starting to look like a complete downer before we are off an running.