Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Took in your game today and got to say massive fan of Ray Grant. Was at your second leg against Annan as well and he just seems a really classy player always available for the ball and never gives it away. Without knowing anything about how he played for you last season I can’t imagine he will get very few goals/assists but he’ll be absolutely crucial to how you set up and play.

Anyway thought it was a decent enough game today but you guys really should’ve won but for some decent goalkeeping and poor finishing. Don’t think any of your trialists looked up to much and thought Johnston was very poor as well. Mitchell didn’t have an awful lot to do but he looked shaky which was exactly what he was like with us.

The simple but effective set up at Linlithgow pisses all over some of the grounds in the senior leagues.
A bit more detail on today. We started something like;
Mitchell
Cuddihy Rumsby Howie Allison
Wallace Grant Lamont
Robertson Smith Johnston
Wallace, Johnston and Lamont often interchanged positions throughout the first period and Smith pulled out wide alot. He actually put some decent crosses in, one in particular on a plate for Wallace but he skied the header. Most of our good play in the first half came down the right, mainly due to Allison being out of his depth on the left hand side. Smith also had a diving header disallowed for offside.

To me it looked like a change of shape around halfway through the first half with the number 11 going up top with Smith and Chris Johnston going to the tip of a midfield diamond.

5 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Worst tops, worst director's and worst managers (aye I include Duffy) 

Auch well it's all about opinions, most of the same directors are there............remember we had a huge debt to pay back with a reduced player budget to work under hence the struggle, but good times are back after the austerity years now under the current regime we are progressing without the same constraints as previous, therefore onwards and upwards.......... positivety........

Not going by what he was saying at GB awards night 
certainly hope he hasn't cut all ties , the man revolutionised the club probably the sole reason we are where we are today ( out of league 2) brought a freshness and ambition to the club bringing in Lennon improving our relationship with the NLL the arria etc in stark contrast to the
" be glad you have a club " mentality that took us to the depths of Scottish football and a few goals away from the lowland
league (and a proposed name change )

11 hours ago, Russ said:

To me it looked like a change of shape around halfway through the first half with the number 11 going up top with Smith and Chris Johnston going to the tip of a midfield diamond.

Stood close to the dugout & you’re spot on regarding the change midway through the first half. Lennon was keen to try & few things out the diamond being one. 

As you say Ray Grant is such a classy player. Always so composed, never loses it but keeps the ball moving. Amazed but delighted we managed to keep hold of him for another year. 

Auch well it's all about opinions, most of the same directors are there............remember we had a huge debt to pay back with a reduced player budget to work under hence the struggle, but good times are back after the austerity years now under the current regime we are progressing without the same constraints as previous, therefore onwards and upwards.......... positivety........
that took us to hair' s breath from the lowland league an austerity programme that makes the conservative party look like 19th century philanthropists , nice revision of history[emoji106]
by the way other clubs had big debts and didn't end up worst team in Scotland two years running

As I’ve said previously I thought Callum (11) was poor but after viewing his Wikipedia page we’ve got a player on our hands. What a goal return. 
AFF46F92-ABC8-4255-8F23-16DF36896033.thumb.png.8a4bb79a32bf90e249b42510793e4870.png
wouldn't judge anyone on a pre season friendly especially so early in the season , not sure we need another midfielder, centre back Hope DGW will be back for start of league campaign with Rankin still on crutches think a while before we see him , the squad looks good and will take a few weeks for the new guys to bed in looking forward to seeing how Johnston does absolute stand out against us last season

Kerr Waddell released from Dundee, would be a good replacement for Lang. Really liked him in his loan spell a few years ago. 

He was a trialist yesterday for Arbroath and I’m pretty sure he supports them aswell. So I doubt we would even get close to signing him unfortunately.

Kerr Waddell released from Dundee, would be a good replacement for Lang. Really liked him in his loan spell a few years ago. 
smashing player does he come from Dundee? might want to stay bit closer to home , would be more than happy to have him back at the club

7 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

He was a trialist yesterday for Arbroath and I’m pretty sure he supports them aswell. So I doubt we would even get close to signing him unfortunately.

Unfortunate as he’ll probably go to them. Not sure where he’s from but was on loan at Morton last season as well. 

11 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

Both Directors in those pictures are no longer on the board with one of them DisGracey being chased off it and hasn't been seen since with the exception of him and Tennents bullshite on the news after we signed Goodie.

Was a decent enough game to watch yesterday. We passed it about well and created plenty of chances.

All the players from last season picked up from were they left. Thought Johnston and Smith played well too.

Howie is the only one from the trialists that would be worth looking at again. Mitchell and Fitzpatrick both looked a down grade on what we had last season but was only a preseason friendly.

Decent setup at Prestonfield better than some of the SPFL grounds. Three of their back four was made up of ex-Clyde players.