Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Decent first few days of the ‘Bully Wee Fund’. If you’re going to sign up, be good to do it early as the club can account for the income in terms of signing players. Chances of winning over the season are relatively high compared to other types of ‘gambling’ and of course we’re helping the club. I won over a grand last year after 3 weeks of signing up ! Saying that, will probably do it for the next 10 years and win feck all. 

3 hours ago, sydney said:

Decent first few days of the ‘Bully Wee Fund’. If you’re going to sign up, be good to do it early as the club can account for the income in terms of signing players. Chances of winning over the season are relatively high compared to other types of ‘gambling’ and of course we’re helping the club. I won over a grand last year after 3 weeks of signing up ! Saying that, will probably do it for the next 10 years and win feck all. 

One decent spell in ten years, the clyde way

13 minutes ago, peternapper said:

One decent spell in ten years, the clyde way

Hahaha. Aye, on recent form that’s about right. But things can change. My good fortune was replicated again just the other day. 

8 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

As with many things, it isn't completely black and white; if it wasn't for his release then he probably wouldn't have been able to do this for Cowdenbeath a year later: 

The cheering you hear after the Cowdenbeath goal is the Dunfermline fans. 

Wed won our first games 4-1, 5-1, 6-1 and allot of fans put 7-1 on the coupon, up steps Pat Scuillion to save the day in the dying minutes. 

I played against him a few years ago in a bounce game, for someone who I'd thought was a huddy he absolutely ran the game. 

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I played against him a few years ago in a bounce game, for someone who I'd thought was a huddy he absolutely ran the game. 

It's hilarious how good players who look like utter donkeys in the SPFL look against normal guys. John Ovenstone played in the East Fife fans vs legends game a few years ago. Playing in proper games, he looks like a brick shit house of a defender with next to no technical ability. Playing against a bunch of out of shape, talentless haddies from the stands, he's taking beautiful touches, effortlessly bringing the ball under control and spraying passes about like Johan Cruyff in his pomp.

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

It's hilarious how good players who look like utter donkeys in the SPFL look against normal guys. John Ovenstone played in the East Fife fans vs legends game a few years ago. Playing in proper games, he looks like a brick shit house of a defender with next to no technical ability. Playing against a bunch of out of shape, talentless haddies from the stands, he's taking beautiful touches, effortlessly bringing the ball under control and spraying passes about like Johan Cruyff in his pomp.

Played with Paul Hay in a fans/legends game and I never thought he was any good he was just a class above the fans even Pat Nevin who was well past it still skinning people effortlessly 

Played in a charity game with Paul Sheerin last year, took the ball out the air just inside the attacking half, one touch and put it postage stamp without even looking. Scary good. Still managed to roulette him inside my own box though :lol:

I heard about Scott McKenna when he was about 14/15, my mate played for a junior team in Kirriemuir and his dad was gaffer. Mate used to rave about him, he played in goals and said McKenna would regularly smash in 40 yarders against him and make boys look silly , never believed him then and still don't now [emoji12]

As far as Barry ferguson goes he should have been sacked after the formatine Scottish Cup when he had the cheek to slag off the Clyde fans who booded him #"chancer 1 other pt why didn't someone have the foresight to offer mcstay & lang terms before contracts ran out 1 deal for L1 and another for L2 

...why didn't someone have the foresight to offer mcstay & lang terms before contracts ran out 1 deal for L1 and another for L2 

Do we know that they weren't offered deals before the end of the season?

Did Lang not sign an 18 month contract originally when he first came to Clyde? Would that not indicate some foresight?

36 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Do we know that they weren't offered deals before the end of the season?

Did Lang not sign an 18 month contract originally when he first came to Clyde? Would that not indicate some foresight?

He signed an extension until the end of this season, a month or so after he signed originally. Foresight either way.

As far as Barry ferguson goes he should have been sacked after the formatine Scottish Cup when he had the cheek to slag off the Clyde fans who booded him #"chancer 1 other pt why didn't someone have the foresight to offer mcstay & lang terms before contracts ran out 1 deal for L1 and another for L2 
well seeing as they weren't released they must have been offered contracts and like the players we were waiting to see what league we were in as that would determine wages offered.

Excuse the interruption, but thought you'd like to know Peaso has signed for the Shire.
they have made a lot of good signings
the lowland league is going to be real hard to get out for leagur teams who drop into it

10 hours ago, ian mac said:

They were not announced as released.......mmmmmm.... now what could that mean?