Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Delighted given his impact at crucial times last season and the fact that it'll be bizarre to have a player for half a decade. However, as t-b-w says, he should really be our second choice left back/third choice centre back if we are looking to properly push on next season.

https://www.fvn.no/lokalsporten/i/Wb8QGr/-Livet-er-mer-enn-fotball_-Kristoffer

Just clocked this article Kristoffer Syvertsen's posted on Twitter. Having gone through and translated all his career blog-style Instagram posts just after he signed for us, and allied to his boyband-member good looks along with his fancy footwork and foreignness, I've always had a major soft spot for him. The article itself doesn't translate brilliantly well into English, but he tells the story of his journey in professional football in it. Nice wee read.

17 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Just clocked this article Kristoffer Syvertsen's posted on Twitter. Having gone through and translated all his career blog-style Instagram posts just after he signed for us, and allied to his boyband-member good looks along with his fancy footwork and foreignness, I've always had a major soft spot for him. The article itself doesn't translate brilliantly well into English, but he tells the story of his journey in professional football in it. Nice wee read.

I think there were signs at the end of the season that he was becoming a real threat. I thought he was outstanding against Annan, they just couldn't deal with him and Banks in the end.

Delighted given his impact at crucial times last season and the fact that it'll be bizarre to have a player for half a decade. However, as t-b-w says, he should really be our second choice left back/third choice centre back if we are looking to properly push on next season.

Highly doubt he has signed a two year contract to be on the bench.

9 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Highly doubt he has signed a two year contract to be on the bench.

Who said anything about the bench? If that's his status, he could reasonably expect to start 20-25 games a season.

Who said anything about the bench? If that's his status, he could reasonably expect to start 20-25 games a season.

And the rest of the games sitting on the bench. I’d imagine Mcniff will be a starter next season (going by the games I saw) and heard a few teams were in for him. Must be on some very decent coin.

3 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Enjoyed that. Remarkable how Kristoffer has a better understanding of the structure and terminologies of the SPFL than many Scottish professionals!

Nevertheless, this year, the club had been nine heavy seasons in League 2. The league at the bottom of what is called SPFL (Scottish Professional Football Leagues) which consists of 42 teams divided into 4 levels. The club is located at Broadwood Stadium which has a capacity of 8,000 spectators.

Best bit of Kristoffer's journey on Instagram sees him walking through what looks like the town centre with an extroverted, quintessentially Glaswegian female accomplice (someone from his church group, perhaps) who is loud-mouthedly bodying him for "giving up on his dream". His story serves as a heartening reminder to all footballers that if they stick in, work hard and battle through set-backs then one day, they just might get to play for Clyde FC.

10 hours ago, David W said:

I think there were signs at the end of the season that he was becoming a real threat. I thought he was outstanding against Annan, they just couldn't deal with him and Banks in the end.

David I hope you don't mind but I have copied this to facebook for some of my Norwegian mates to read.

I agree; I like McNiff and eternally grateful for his contribution which deserved a new contact, however in L1 he might need to be more defensive, as a LB certainly. That’s the issue, he is not a natural full back, I get that Lennon has changed structure a bit and Grant protects that area more to allow him to go forward but higher level we still need more quality here and in the middle of the park too.

This is not an attack on McNiff far from it, he will be a valuable player for us this year.

A lot of work must have gone in to securing all but 2 of last year’s squad who we want to retain- together with the several new signings- so soon after the end of the season. I’m very confident that any areas that need strengthening will be achieved with wages freed up by Tom and or Chris not returning or with loan players. Danny has proved his ability in bringing on youngsters and this together with the Clyde environment must be an attractive option for parent clubs.

Feel very sure we’ll be fine and we’ll do very well in league 1.