Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

What's Lang like?
Capable of playing in Championship?
Heard a few rumours that a deal is close albeit Hopkin refused to discuss when asked by local press.
only 21 smashing player huge potential

4 hours ago, madton said:

What's Lang like?

Heard a few rumours that a deal is close albeit Hopkin refused to discuss when asked by local press.

Shite mate. Waste of a wage.

Please let us keep him

Think would be in Tom Langs best interests to have a season in League One before jumping to the Championship of either of that’s with Clyde, Falkirk or Airdrie... he only played half the season and that’s his only experience of first team football but aye massive potential just hope he can for fill it

Sounds promising if we do indeed get him.

He does sound like a player we would be targeting; young with potential cheaper than your seasoned pro's etc

I doubt the compo would be very much as we probably wouldn't be in the running if it was significant!

43 minutes ago, madton said:

Sounds promising if we do indeed get him.

He does sound like a player we would be targeting; young with potential cheaper than your seasoned pro's etc

I doubt the compo would be very much as we probably wouldn't be in the running if it was significant!

If you sign him he'll be the best looking bloke in Inverclyde 

1 hour ago, Bullywee4ever1 said:

If Lang is away as reports suggest should we not consider bringing cogill back, short on defence at the moment????

He’s been injured for months and probably still is. Had been awaiting scan results back so probably they wearnt good news. High wage plus accommodation so maybe better off without him if he’s going to still be injured for a long time. 

Edited. Great player when he’s fit right enough. 

Edited by DeanMck

14 hours ago, madton said:

What's Lang like?

Strong, confident, athletic, young, handsome and cultured are some of the words used to describe me. Tom is lucky as he shares some of these characteristics.

Did really well for us in the last 3/4 or the season and showed leadership too. I hope he signs up with us but I understand the lure of fulltime fitbaw even at The Tail of the Bank.

He has some developing still to do and the stability of Clyde might help IMO. He has made a couple of positional / distribution errors, like in the 2nd half v Annan. The standard of div 2 with the likes of Nade, might not show this but against strikers like Shankland and Dobbie, they would not be as forgiving. 

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Typo

Gerry mclauchlan QP very good CH. If required ... Im fully expecting Lang to be FT elsewhere next season but just never know,Again just my opinion

I’ve always thought the QP defence were diabolical this season. We will need to spend a good bit to replace Lang