Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Was the guy at LB an improvement on McNiff? If so, great- and with BC’s hamstring improving so that he could start last night- I think a really good CB would change our season from avoiding 9th to chasing for 4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wasn’t there last night but it’ll take more than 1 or 2 games to convince me Ross Lyon is good enough, he showed next to nothing for me last season. 


He had 1 start. Was standout when he came on against Airdrie in the betfred, got an assist within 2 mins of coming on against Rovers. One of the better players this side of the summer break imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HughieMc said:

Was the guy at LB an improvement on McNiff? If so, great- and with BC’s hamstring improving so that he could start last night- I think a really good CB would change our season from avoiding 9th to chasing for 4th

Where can such a commodity be acquired? 

 

Most loan deals from here on in are essentially development loans, and they occur well into September/October, once some of them can't get into a settled line-up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

 


He had 1 start. Was standout when he came on against Airdrie in the betfred, got an assist within 2 mins of coming on against Rovers. One of the better players this side of the summer break imo

 

From any appearance I saw throughout last season, 1 start was justified. I’ll be pleased if he does prove me wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have only seen Lyon once this season so far v Airdrie, when he came on he was excellent and he was not the same player that we saw last season. Hearing he had a  decent performance on Saturday and last night is encouraging, hope he proves everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

our problems are not in midfield or up front , until manage to get a tried and trusted CB in there ( providing the left back is ok ) then we are going to ship goals every likelyhood it will be mcniff and rumsby in the cb berths on saturday yes the pair pre xmas that were conceeding goals for fun culminating in 3 inside 45 mins to a team who now sit in the lowland league.

good to hear lyon played well I thought he played well against airdrie and queens park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Itll take more than a couple of promising sub appearances and a good performance against Motherwells kids to convince me about Lyon after the past season or so but I hope he proves me wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defence is a shambles. Particularly on the left hand side.

Lennon's solution? Push McNiff even further forward leaving even more space in behind.

Petkov? No idea what he brings at centre half. Weak, constantly under the ball.

Surely McNiff is better in that position. 

I'd ask Danny Lennon, how long will the adjustment to league one take?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand how experienced managers / coaches can get it so wrong. We are all just supporters and can see  a mile off what was required to make us competitive in L1. Summer recruitment has been shambolic and nothing from Management to improve the situation.  

Sorry; Petkov not ready, Howie not good enough, we all know about McNiff’s  limitations as with Rumsby

Johnstone decent, nothing from Smith or Wallace yet and don’t see much in them to date.

So, so disappointing as it’s all avoidable!!!

 

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnston was decent? I honestly thought he was anonymous.

McNiff wasn’t great but the two centre halves were by far a bigger issue today. Petkov more so than Rumsby. For somebody that is 6ft 3 or so he continues to let the ball fly over his head. The number of free headers that were, thankfully, down Mitchell’s throat was staggering. It could have been a lot worse and it would not have been down to McNiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Competed OK in the first half but the second was a shambles.

No idea what Lennon is thinking with continuing to push McNiff so far up the field. Especially as you have Wallace in front of him for knocks from high balls.

Petkov is no better than Howie or Rumsby. Massive down grade from having Lang and Cogill there.

I'm guessing Duffie is injured again? Bizarre he decided to keep him on giving his injury record.

Lamont and Lyon done well in midfield while Goodwillie and Johnston were anonymous up front.

Would think our only option is to bring one or two loans at the back. Assuming the budget is pretty much gone if we are bringing players in on amateur terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Petkov is years away from being a decent centre half. He doesn't see any risk allowing balls to go over his head, and doesn't even know he's supposed to defend the front post to balls that come from the left.

I've only seen Allison in a couple of friendlies but we need to try him at left back for a while. Cuddihy is our only option at right back, and even he struggles at this level.

None of our centrebacks are ideal but Rumsby & McNiff know each others games so should be given a go.

Unfortunately, I can't see a back 3/5 working, as both McNiff & Howie have shown they are not good enough on the turn.

To be fair, I'll criticise some others. Wallace was completely ineffectual today. Johnson had a couple of moments in the first half and was then woeful in the second. Lamont had a good half, then disappeared. Goodwillie's turn (and loss of the ball), instead of shooting from a few years out was simply embarrassing decision making.

Oh, and Mitchell's distribution was woeful at times today.

Anyway, only Falkirk next week 😶

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Competed OK in the first half but the second was a shambles.

No idea what Lennon is thinking with continuing to push McNiff so far up the field. Especially as you have Wallace in front of him for knocks from high balls.

Petkov is no better than Howie or Rumsby. Massive down grade from having Lang and Cogill there.

I'm guessing Duffie is injured again? Bizarre he decided to keep him on giving his injury record.

Lamont and Lyon done well in midfield while Goodwillie and Johnston were anonymous up front.

Would think our only option is to bring one or two loans at the back. Assuming the budget is pretty much gone if we are bringing players in on amateur terms.

The worry is Petkov is a loan from a prem club and the general opinion is that he’s not good enough- 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...