9 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Goodwillie is like 5 goals away from being Clyde’s 10th al time goal scorer (in only 2 and a bit seasons) but he is embarrassing and a liability, Clyde fans summed up there 😂

Agreed...

The embarrassing and liability sentence is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen on this forum for a long time ...really laughable to be honest.

Whether Goodwillie scores or not, in 90% of the games he plays for us, he totally changes the way the team plays; his attitude, work rate and influence on the side is outstanding. I have no doubt that when fit and back in the side he will still be best forward player in the league by long way.

2017/18

David Goodwillie 27 goals 10 assists 

37 goal involvements 

2018/19

David Goodwillie 22 goala 15 assists 

37 goal involvements*

*he missed 6 weeks with a broken arm 

Where's the drop off in numbers? 

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I have no doubt that when fit and back in the side he will still be best forward player in the league by long way.

Bit ambitious lol

I don't think anyone would suggest that Goodwillie was in top goal scoring form towards the end of the season but to calling him a liability is just mental. Even when he wasn't scoring the amount of work he put in and space he created for others to score just highlights the importance of having him in the team. 

6 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Bit ambitious lol

So who would you swap him for?

56 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

So who would you swap him for?

I would like to see a more clinical David Goodwillie next year. Otherwise I think the squad is shaping up very well in contrast to other clubs in the league. 

Edited by TheBigGuy

13 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Granted DGW was excellent in the home game against EC, in the play offs. For me he was missing far too many very good chances, it was becoming embarrassing and could have become a liability. No way should he have been as far behind fecking Blair Henderson in terms of goals scored.

Fucking hell. This children, is why sniffing glue is not all its hyped up to be... 

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

Just signed up to the bully wee fund and managed to get the wee bro involved as well.

£5 a week is f**k all for a good percentage of us. Hopefully more get involved in the next few weeks!

Just signed up to the bully wee fund and managed to get the wee bro involved as well.

£5 a week is f**k all for a good percentage of us. Hopefully more get involved in the next few weeks!
and a season ticket puts more money directly into the club

1 hour ago, Abshok said:

If the fiver a week was indeed "f**k all", for any number of us, and this fund existed purely for going into Lennon's warchest, with subsequently no draw, no personal wins and no self-interest, would it be as popular as it appears? 

There will be occasions in the coming season where, unlike previous years when people would give many games a season an extremely wide berth unless a decent day out was involved, some simply won't be able to attend. What better way to contribute selflessly, short of purchasing an ST for the majority of games one CAN make, than a measly, weekly Winston going into the wages pot for no gain other than pathalogical altruism?

Edited by Domino the Dug

and a season ticket puts more money directly into the club

I don’t care what anyone else says, you are the brightest crayon in the box!

If the fiver a week was indeed "f**k all", for any number of us, and this fund existed purely for going into Lennon's warchest, with subsequently no draw, no personal wins and no self-interest, would it be as popular as it appears? 

There will be occasions in the coming season where, unlike previous years when people would give many games a season an extremely wide berth unless a decent day out was involved, some simply won't be able to attend. What better way to contribute selflessly, short of purchasing an ST for the majority of games one CAN make, than a measly, weekly Winston going into the wages pot for no gain other than pathalogical altruism?

I think you miss the point. This Incentive is to capture people (like my brother for example) that don’t really have a big connection with Clyde. This incentive is perfect to, more or less, gain £260 (effectively a season ticket) from a person that may never attend a Clyde game.

People that go to Clyde games and buy a season ticket every year, that’s money they were always going to come by. People that were never interested in lower league football, well you just scored yourself extra money that wouldn’t have came at all.

From the payout if that non-Clyde fan was to win from the bully wee fund, they’ll tell friends and family and maybe next season they have convinced another few people to join.

This my friend is what this incentive is about...the snowball effect of non-Clyde fans that give money to the team via an attractive avenue.

19 minutes ago, Abshok said:

I think you miss the point. This Incentive is to capture people (like my brother for example) that don’t really have a big connection with Clyde. This incentive is perfect to, more or less, gain £260 (effectively a season ticket) from a person that may never attend a Clyde game.

People that go to Clyde games and buy a season ticket every year, that’s money they were always going to come by. People that were never interested in lower league football, well you just scored yourself extra money that wouldn’t have came at all.

From the payout if that non-Clyde fan was to win from the bully wee fund, they’ll tell friends and family and maybe next season they have convinced another few people to join.

This my friend is what this incentive is about...the snowball effect of non-Clyde fans that give money to the team via an attractive avenue.

Where did you get your marketing degree- what a load of tosh......my friend

23 minutes ago, Abshok said:

I'm not missing the point at all, Sir. There's a lot of speculation in this post, which is simply the result of cause-and-effect over the draw and its rewards. I merely asked, and in this case have my answer, as to whether chivalry was playing a part or not in the virtue-signalling. 

No doubt some of our famous eighth-wits will soon pounce, decrying this sub-context as negative press. Not that i have to explain it, but i'm keen on money going INTO the club, not out of it, and have it considered a favour to the club at all!

Edited by Domino the Dug

While i'm at it, he trending patter of slagging current or recent players, is also abhorrent. Didn't we witness enough honest (but hopeless) triers from 2011-15, and mostly swindling shirkers thereon until eighteen months ago? There's less players in the squad than years since anyone else delivered a promotion!! 

I'm brightest crayon? the club gets 260 from each contributor half goes on prize money

I think that might be 130 but don't quote me

look if fans want to contribute to the 200 brilliant I'm delighted there is money going into the club

but we all like to put money into the club in different ways so can we leave out the it's only a fiver why aren't you contributing mentality