Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 days to go to subscribe to the Bully Wee fund. Sitting at 187 just now. Would be good to get it over the 200 mark. Considering it’s effectively the same financial commitment as an adult season ticket (£260 over the year), I think that’s a decent effort. 

4 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

In what way is it not obvious that we'd have made him a very good offer to stay?

We’ve now gone from the very top wage deal  to the very best deal we could offer, to a very good offer- 

Obvious is not always fact.

Just now, HughieMc said:

We’ve now gone from the very top wage deal  to the very best deal we could offer, to a very good offer- 

Obvious is not always fact.

I'm not entirely sure where your obsession with all things Tom Lang stems from, but this is very bizarre stuff. I didn't speak of a "very top wage deal" and, as you'll know, the two terms I've used to describe any offer made to him are virtually identical. You're obviously - as a long-standing and fervent Lang superfan - privy to what he was offered and where that lies in relation to the rest of the squad, so what are your feelings on it? Do you think Lennon low-balled him? Or do you think we made him a very good and fair offer, which he quite understandably rejected for a full-time wage packet and the potential career advancement which accompanies it?

Entirely sure? That you mean you’re partially sure?

Obvious is an oft used word.

Also I didn’t say you used all 3 phrases- just meant in terms of the discussion and what appears to be “ obvious” in relation to why a deal for him to stay could not be achieved- 

As his “ superfan” ( also been accused of being a relation in the past) I’d honestly say that I’m not sure if we had been able to make him our top earner by quite a way- it would have got anywhere near what he would get playing full time- that said, I’d say the money wasn’t the driving force in any case- he coveted full time football and he was offered it. 

But to make assumptions about how much we could offer him either individually or in relation to other squad members is just guesswork.

As you say- he’s away now and we move on- hoping we get a great replacement and we do really well in league 1.

“especially if we were offering Lang a deal (which no doubt would’ve been the biggest wage packet on offer) and it was rejected“
where do you get this from? Why are you so sure he was offered  the biggest wage packet- over mcstay- Grant- McNiff- Rankin and others.

Assuming tbf, but Lang definitely the best player we had last season imo. On another level

Seen highlights earlier. Disappointing goals to concede but the back 4 last night won't be anywhere near the starting one so not too concerned about that yet. We do need another body or 2 in there though (a natural left back pretty please, not the trialist one from the last 2 games even prettier please).
2 good assists from Syvertsen and he was really sharp on Saturday too.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him when the real stuff kicks off with a full pre season behind him. Gem of a player.

I reckon it will be difficult to keep him next summer. Looks unreal

4 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Couldn't agree more. He's got huge, huge potential. Incredible skill, flair and a really strong lad too. If he added a bit of aggression to his game and played with a mind to move the ball quicker he'd be fucking lethal with every touch.

4231 with Goodwillie up top, Syvertsen in behind, Smith and Johnston either side. Grant and McStay behind them in midfield.

Shame Lamont, Rankin and Wallace won't agree:bounce4

It's really encouraging when every other team in the league just about is saying they "just need a striker". Good luck with that.

4231 with Goodwillie up top, Syvertsen in behind, Smith and Johnston either side. Grant and McStay behind them in midfield.
Shame Lamont, Rankin and Wallace won't agree:bounce4
It's really encouraging when every other team in the league just about is saying they "just need a striker". Good luck with that.
sign Wallace don't play him [emoji23] and absolutely over run by any midfield in the league [emoji106]

I blame sky sports and championship manager for this type of nonsense [emoji23]

10 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Assuming tbf, but Lang definitely the best player we had last season imo. On another level

Lang was a good defender, but he was not our best player. Not even close. Goodwillie is on a level so far ahead of the entire league that it is unreal. He was involved in 37 goals in 40 appearances. The season before was 37 in 42. He is untouchable.

Goodie aside, I would argue that Banks is a better player now, and a far better prospect than Lang. Rankin was also far better and more important to the entire squad's performance than Lang.

Lang was good, but he is replaceable. I would rather a slightly less showy defender than one who gets himself sent off or booked for reckless challenges.

Lang was a good defender, but he was not our best player. Not even close. Goodwillie is on a level so far ahead of the entire league that it is unreal. He was involved in 37 goals in 40 appearances. The season before was 37 in 42. He is untouchable.
Goodie aside, I would argue that Banks is a better player now, and a far better prospect than Lang. Rankin was also far better and more important to the entire squad's performance than Lang.
Lang was good, but he is replaceable. I would rather a slightly less showy defender than one who gets himself sent off or booked for reckless challenges.

I disagree. DGW perhaps an exception but I don’t even think he was at his best for much of last season.

Lang was routinely solid, won everything in the air, was fantastic with the ball at his feet, could take men on and his passing was impeccable. I can’t remember the last time I seen a Clyde defender as good

Lang was a good player with real potential, however, last season in terms of defenders he was probably our 3rd best over the course of the season. He has a lot to learn but i'm sure FT football will be benefit his development.

He's gone now though, so can we move on please?

3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

sign Wallace don't play him emoji23.png and absolutely over run by any midfield in the league emoji106.png

I blame sky sports and championship manager for this type of nonsense emoji23.png

I blame leaded petrol myself.

I see it's put the boot into Tom Lang since he decided to go to dunfermiline on a full time contract

absolutely pathetic

goals conceeded after new year compared to before him and Rumbsy were superb

mind you from a support that would vote to change the name of their club anything is possible