Mid way into the season Nicol was superb, he is getting on a bit but I woukd have kept him as an option. 

Aly Love has had good spells and ok spells, probably the most committed to the Clyde but no doubt he is loving it here and I imagine he’ll have a 1 year deal and he has deserved it.

Lyons ? Lyons ? not a fan at all but he has a chance to prove me wrong next season.

It's clear to me that Ross Lyon is an extremely talented player whose ability couldn't properly shine through against the lumbering cloggers within League Two; his magnificent, goal-laden spell on-loan at Stranraer the season before joining us is evidence that he thrives in a more competitive environment. Could be a big player for us next season, IMO.
It's a little sad to see Mr. Shithouse go, but I think everyone kind of knew his departure was in the offing. The big man deserves to be clattering into folk for ninety minutes every week at whichever level he can, and it's been clear for some time that he doesn't fit into the way we play. I'm gutted that we will no longer have him available to come off the bench and body folk in defence of the leads we might hold.
Love is an alright squad player, experienced certainly and a decent option to have. Again, might not really fit into how we play but then that could be subject to some change depending on what happens with the other "unknowns" within last season's squad...
Which takes me to my last point(s). McNiff has clearly been offered terms, but he's best mates with Nicoll and I think the delay in any decision will centre around the fact Lennon can't promise him that he'll be a starter next year. It sounds extremely harsh on a guy who scored an exorbitant number of (crucial) goals last year, but he's not an ideal long-term solution at left-back and we should be aiming to have better than him as first choice at centre-back. I'll be upset if he does leave, as he'd be a cracking squad player and would probably still see a fair bit of action next term.
What happens with the other three (Lang, Grant and McStay) could go a long way to defining our ambitions for next season. Hopefully they'll all look back on how far they've each come under Lennon and Moore in the past eighteen months, want to stay part of that dressing room and continue their development in a safe and nurturing environment rather than twisting. 
who is Mr shithouse ?

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:
1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:
It's clear to me that Ross Lyon is an extremely talented player whose ability couldn't properly shine through against the lumbering cloggers within League Two; his magnificent, goal-laden spell on-loan at Stranraer the season before joining us is evidence that he thrives in a more competitive environment. Could be a big player for us next season, IMO.
It's a little sad to see Mr. Shithouse go, but I think everyone kind of knew his departure was in the offing. The big man deserves to be clattering into folk for ninety minutes every week at whichever level he can, and it's been clear for some time that he doesn't fit into the way we play. I'm gutted that we will no longer have him available to come off the bench and body folk in defence of the leads we might hold.
Love is an alright squad player, experienced certainly and a decent option to have. Again, might not really fit into how we play but then that could be subject to some change depending on what happens with the other "unknowns" within last season's squad...
Which takes me to my last point(s). McNiff has clearly been offered terms, but he's best mates with Nicoll and I think the delay in any decision will centre around the fact Lennon can't promise him that he'll be a starter next year. It sounds extremely harsh on a guy who scored an exorbitant number of (crucial) goals last year, but he's not an ideal long-term solution at left-back and we should be aiming to have better than him as first choice at centre-back. I'll be upset if he does leave, as he'd be a cracking squad player and would probably still see a fair bit of action next term.
What happens with the other three (Lang, Grant and McStay) could go a long way to defining our ambitions for next season. Hopefully they'll all look back on how far they've each come under Lennon and Moore in the past eighteen months, want to stay part of that dressing room and continue their development in a safe and nurturing environment rather than twisting. 

who is Mr shithouse ?

Nicholl- as in built like a brick...

16 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Reckon Tony Wallace could be the news later on..

Funnily enough at the glasgow Branch POTY last night, it was said they’ll be announcing a new signing today. 

18 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Reckon Tony Wallace could be the news later on..

Didn't play a lot of football in his early career, starting to peak now IMO. Had a good season with Annan. Tall, strong player. Good for knock-downs from goal-kicks and the likes.

Should add a physical dimension to our midfield - and it'll need that to compete effectively in League 1.

Don’t like the look of his Wikipedia but I had my doubts about Rumsby and he’s turned out a player. 

Nicoll's release was predictable. Would've been a rainy midweek on a grass pitch player; maybe a stand-in centre-half at times. Goes with the best. Been a servant.

Love's new deal is pleasing. Consistently does the business at this level. Experienced, talismanic player.

As for Ross Lyon. No clue there. File him under the Kipre heading, subtitled: signings by Danny that we tolerate, all things considered.

13 hours ago, David W said:

Love has hardly played a good game as a starter in 18 months. Edinburgh in the playoffs, Stranraer in the cup, Stirling when he scored twice....That's about it? He has a horrible head-down style that goes against a lot of what we do as a team, very little pace.  That said, he's done okay scoring goals as a substitute. I would have released but I'm not surprised he's been retained, and he probably deserves a life-long contract for scoring that penalty.

That's an extremely harsh analysis, that. Worth remembering about the games he's started in how good a team we put out - who was missing, who was played out of position etc. Also, where was he played versus what his best position is. He's never really been a lone or virtually lone forward before coming to Clyde, to my knowledge. Nor will he have played with only a single forward ahead of him that much.

His decisions in possession are excellent and I'd make nothing at all about his "head-down style"; to see you write that, you'd think he was as feckless in possession as Phil Johnston. Look at the pass he sprayed out to Banks in the play-off final with his eyes on the floor. Nobody, Goodie, Rankin and Grant included, does the right thing more often with the ball when the chips are down and we're looking to score a goal. He's exactly what Lennon's looking for: someone with huge experience at the relevant level, with an excellent record of assisting and scoring goals.

Worth remembering, for comparison, his brother Robert who played with Stenny; a player I really liked. I actually think Ally's more versatile because he's stronger and a little bigger. But both had a knack for finding space, being in the right place and picking a smart - sometimes blind - pass.

10 goals and 2 assists from 18 starts - and 14 sub' apps - is a perfectly good record, all things weighed. To have someone like him around as a sub' or otherwise is more than fine by me.

Edited by Sao Paulo

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Don’t like the look of his Wikipedia but I had my doubts about Rumsby and he’s turned out a player. 

I wouldn’t base any sort of judgement on Wikipedia to be fair. Personally don’t think we should sign him but we’ll wait and see if it is him. 

“Squad news” suggests re-signing players from last season (to me, “signing news” would suggest new signings) but I may be reading too much into that.  

I feel it was a big mistake to let Coghill go.
if we sign Wallace I presume either McStay or Grant is away.

As with anyone who is leaving, we can’t assume they actually wanted to stay.
I don’t know one way or the other but Cogill for example is a young guy living away from home, playing (occasionally recently) part time at the arse end of Scottish football. He could probably double his income playing non league in England.

26 minutes ago, shawfieldman said:

I feel it was a big mistake to let Coghill go.

if we sign Wallace I presume either McStay or Grant is away.

Wallace is a wide player so I wouldn't make that presumption.

1 hour ago, WBR said:

“Squad news” suggests re-signing players from last season (to me, “signing news” would suggest new signings) but I may be reading too much into that.  

Or it could be players moving on...who knows. Fair play to Danny, reportedly 'doing the business' at 9.30 on a Saturday  night and at back at it again on a Sunday afternoon! He's some man for his years