Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Disappointing lack of rumours and wild speculation going on here compared to other clubs. Especially seeing as we actually need a few capable bodies through the door.

Jai Quitongo has signed for Dumbarton after training with us, but not disappointed seeing as we have a decent amount of wingers and he doesn't seem like a no. 10 or a striker. Rhys McCabe I'd still like but now Rankin and McStay are back in contention it's not looking likely. Tony Wallace has to go, on account of being absolutely rotten. 

I don't know why we don't use Wallace as a full back. We've used just about everyone else there. The difference with Wallace would be that he's actually used to playing out on the flank and he's quite athletic, two of things we've missed in the full backs we've tried under Lennon.

I agree that Wallace hasn't been particularly good for us but he's been asked to play in the middle of the park a lot and that's not his usual bag is it? That said, I think he basically won us the Airdrie game, getting us two chances from nothing just with his presence up there. He also set up another important one but I forget who it came against.

29 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Disappointing lack of rumours and wild speculation going on here compared to other clubs. Especially seeing as we actually need a few capable bodies through the door.

Jai Quitongo has signed for Dumbarton after training with us, but not disappointed seeing as we have a decent amount of wingers and he doesn't seem like a no. 10 or a striker. Rhys McCabe I'd still like but now Rankin and McStay are back in contention it's not looking likely. Tony Wallace has to go, on account of being absolutely rotten. 

McCabe signed for Brechin today. Really not fussed we haven't signed him if that's his level now.

McCabe has signed for Brechin.

33 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Jai Quitongo has signed for Dumbarton after training with us, but not disappointed seeing as we have a decent amount of wingers and he doesn't seem like a no. 10 or a striker.

I'm not sure he was ever training with Clyde and he'll absolutely be playing as a striker for us.

Would any Clyde fans have any inclination as to when the Dumbarton (A) and Montrose (H) games will be re-arranged for? Or are we awaiting confirmation from the reticent SFA?

Thanks

Edited by TheBigGuy

On 27/01/2020 at 22:16, SLClyde said:

Don’t imagine we’ll do anything else in January, but would say I’m pleased with the business we have done. Wylde and Lang in for the rest of the season, alongside getting Mitchell and goodwillie on longer term deals. 

Well done to all involved getting those deals done. 

You don’t?

1 minute ago, SLClyde said:

I think Wallace has improved a bit lately, still not brilliant but better than he had been. 

Quitongo was training with us and now just a phone call, which one is it 😂

Danny phoned him and spoke to him about the possibility of signing 100% anything more than that I don’t know