the_bully_wee

Clyde FC; Season 2019-20

It'll be fascinating to see whether we can transcend the level of gang we currently are with Goodwillie removed from the equation!

Goodie does not owe us anything, it's been a pleasure watching him since his arrival at Broadwood.  

But even with the obvious baggage he carries, surely he can do a lot better than Falkirk.

Read that Caledonian braves, (yes Caledonian braves) have received investment for next season which rivals the budget of Kelty hearts. And they have a contract offer lined up for goodwillie who they want to sign on a pre contract and almost double his current wage.

Going to be hard for us to keep him if teams like that can offer more than us.

16 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

In all seriousness, if Goodie does leave to go to Falkirk then he goes with my best wishes and a massive gratitude of thanks. 

Maybe not the move I would pick for him personally but it's a good opportunity for him to get back to the level he belongs. We've been blessed for nearly 3 seasons and we've been lucky to have him. 

Either way, I'll be fucking gutted if he does go, probably the best player I've personally witnessed in a Clyde shirt. 

As Falkirk and Clyde are playing in the same division it could be said that he is already in the level in which he belongs.

I don't know how representative of the larger support posters on the Falkirk thread are, but there certainly comes across a feeling that he is not wanted despite his goals.

I am hopeful it will all blow over like Danny going to Partick.

Edited by TheBigGuy

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:
3 hours ago, SLClyde said:
Still waiting on this chairman’s new year message...

Do we have a Chairman?

We do

Heard on here Falkirk were expecting to announce goody this morning nothing said now so probably just rumors again. Would love to see him pen a new deal with us but completely understand and respects him if he were to move on to better his career he's got potential to play at a higher level. He is a huge asset to the club and would hate to lose him if he were to go if at least hope we get a wee bit of money - his boots are too big to fill!

2 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

I am hopeful it will all blow over like Danny going to Partick.

This didn’t blow over- they were denied permission to speak to Danny.

Club want to keep Goodwillie but i would imagine it obviously boils down to what the player wants and what we can afford. If both parties well apart i would think club would sell him (My opinion) ..

DD has been a wonderful servant to club. I.ll be sad to see him go and hope one day he returns as a supporter.

6 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

This didn’t blow over- they were denied permission to speak to Danny.

My point being despite the rumours on here he stayed with the club. 

Hoping all these Goodwillie rumours are rubbish but either way we still need to get some signings in, hopefully we’ll have a few guys lined up to come in for Saturday as the squad is already very short on numbers.

Doesn’t look like it, the boy that scored that goal in the Glasgow cup recently is in the squad. 

2 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

Hoping all these Goodwillie rumours are rubbish but either way we still need to get some signings in, hopefully we’ll have a few guys lined up to come in for Saturday as the squad is already very short on numbers.

Where on Earth have the rumours about Goodie going to Falkirk come from? Anyone know?

1 minute ago, HughieMc said:

Where on Earth have the rumours about Goodie going to Falkirk come from? Anyone know?

Falkirk. 

13 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Doesn’t look like it, the boy that scored that goal in the Glasgow cup recently is in the squad. 

Only had 4 listed subs (Inc Danny Lennon) up at Balmoor.

1 minute ago, TheBigGuy said:

Only had 4 listed subs (Inc Danny Lennon) up at Balmoor.

The boy McNeil has been attracting interest, I've heard from someone I know who is close with him that Hamilton are looking at him. Why would Clyde not?