Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 27/12/2019 at 12:00, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I don't think we can do too much shifting unfortunately. Best chance we've got is arranging something with Stirling Albion for the return of Smith whom judging by last weekends celebrations doesn't feel part of the team. 

Wallace unfortunately is on a 2 year deal, heard he played well against Airdrie so who knows, I expected big things from him and very annoyed how its turned out so far. 

Duffie maybe he'll voluntarily leave if it is discussed with him. 

Chat of getting Lang back is dreamy stuff I think now, he'll be warming the bench thanks to his money grabbing thistle b*****d agent. Funny how that p***k isn't sharing pictures of his number 1 client since he got the cash for his Dunfermline move. A bad move and very bad advice to Tom last summer. A big shame as he was an asset with us and enjoyed his fitbaw here, plus he's a cracking big c**t as well.

Definitely need the defence shored up a bit (get Cogill back?) , Rankin back will be like a new signing and I see big Norway is walking again so hopefully he'll be back by February. 

We have had a tough season with injuries, Rankin, Norway have been out all season, Love has missed a good few games with injury, Howie has been out for a month now and Lyon even longer and Duffie is out more than he is in ,just about every other player has missed matches, McStay, Goodie. I think we only have about4 or 5 players who have survived unscathed this season. I honestly believe if our injury crisis clears up we will be fine and capable of beating anyone in this division.

16 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

That's what we thought after Airdrie is it not? Look at us we can't score against teams we should be beating never mind actually taking the 3 points 

I am sure once the injuries clear up, we will be fine. 3 points next Saturday is a must and Stranraer will make it tough.

On 27/12/2019 at 12:00, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I don't think we can do too much shifting unfortunately. Best chance we've got is arranging something with Stirling Albion for the return of Smith whom judging by last weekends celebrations doesn't feel part of the team. 

Wallace unfortunately is on a 2 year deal, heard he played well against Airdrie so who knows, I expected big things from him and very annoyed how its turned out so far. 

Duffie maybe he'll voluntarily leave if it is discussed with him. 

Chat of getting Lang back is dreamy stuff I think now, he'll be warming the bench thanks to his money grabbing thistle b*****d agent. Funny how that p***k isn't sharing pictures of his number 1 client since he got the cash for his Dunfermline move. A bad move and very bad advice to Tom last summer. A big shame as he was an asset with us and enjoyed his fitbaw here, plus he's a cracking big c**t as well.

Definitely need the defence shored up a bit (get Cogill back?) , Rankin back will be like a new signing and I see big Norway is walking again so hopefully he'll be back by February. 

Incredible- probably your best yet Sir

I watched Stranraer play Dumbarton today. Their spirit isn't broken despite their league position and their forward pairing of Jones and Dangana, while a bit sluggish, will be a handful for us physically. They didn't look like scoring other than from dead balls, something we should watch out for when we face them. If we've neither Howie nor Petkov available to mark Jones, his height could be a real problem.

As for Dumbarton, they're struggling with injuries like we are. I think a lot will depend on how they set up against us. Their defence was impressive at Broadwood but looked more vulnerable today on the greasy grass pitch, playing to win.

Big question mark over who comes and goes both at Broadwood and at Stranraer and Dumbarton over the next fortnight. Stranraer are rumoured to have four players inbound. Their incentive to impress on their debuts could make for an upset if we're not firing on all cylinders.

I’d like to think we’re speaking to hearts about extending petkov’s loan. Injuries have impacted to an extent but it is starting to show that some of the players who came up aren’t cutting it and without getting better players in we could be in bother. 

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter, but 9 of our 21 players signed at the start of the season were out injured or ill today. That will have an impact on any team at any level.

January is going to be a big month. Whoever may or may not leave or come in, it would certainly help to see that injury list decrease to a much more manageable level.

On 28/12/2019 at 20:56, Adolfo Rios said:

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter, but 9 of our 21 players signed at the start of the season were out injured or ill today. That will have an impact on any team at any level.

January is going to be a big month. Whoever may or may not leave or come in, it would certainly help to see that injury list decrease to a much more manageable level.

Sign Fraser Aird

On 26/12/2019 at 09:13, SLClyde said:

A striker in on loan would be a priority for me, I have no idea what the budget is like if there even is one for January. 

Denny Johnstone we are trying to put out on loan. He can't get a game in front of McManus, Sammon and McMillan. 

See you got a bit of exposure on Only An Excuse last night with there being an on field  piece being filmed at Broadwood the guy says yes we are here at a typical Scottish league ground "what a dump"

In the  spirit of  festive goodwill  Danny Lennon has apparently offered video  evidence to show the ref got Ferrys red card wrong  & Grant saying it was no foul so well done to them.

4 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Interesting New Year article coming up on OS from returning chairman. John Alexander on his plan and vision for the club and possible re-location...

Never a dull day with our club indeed..

Happy New Year all

Is this a coup, a voluntary change of the guard or a new year joke? If the latter it isn't amusing.

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Is this a coup, a voluntary change of the guard or a new year joke? If the latter it isn't amusing.

Maybe SSB is

1 Flying a kite 

2 still sobering up

3  aka Mr Alexander

Nothing on OS as of now and not too sure how it would appear there anyway.