Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Probably didn't anticipate the decision being made so quickly, and hoping that he would therefore be eligible this weekend.
Even if unsuccessful, that way he would then have been missing Montrose at home on league duty and Arbroath away in the challenge cup, no doubt preferable to two league fixtures.
On the footage provided it was never going to happen and cost us £250 for the effort, so a bit daft really!
as you say probably more of a tactical appeal It is a red more so cause he is late not sure its violent conduct more daft than anything else , no complaints and to be fair DGW didnt put up much of a defence to referee . right decision by ref and appeal committee

I can't help feel we stuck this appeal in, just to maybe have him for Saturday. A waste of time, otherwise. I saw nothing at the game, or in the highlights, to justify reversing the decision. Malice, intent, "nothing in it" are all simply filler content, they mean bugger all. None of them were present, but he still caught him nonetheless.

Never had DGW the type to go out and hurt an oppenent delibrate,Dont even think hes been booked in all his appearances which makes his red card a bigger suprise..

Referee has a split second to make a decision but if hes used his arm to gain levarge and there was a coming together that aint a sending off in my book, Contact sport n aw that..

However if his arm or elbow was swung with delibrate action of hurting opponent and intent was there of course its a sending off..

Suppose its all down to the Interpetation and others inc the Ref making up their mind of one players actions or not..

Chance for Darren Smith to show his stirling form and play in his actual position on sat

Just now, shawfield shed boy said:

Not seen it. If so Yes sending off. Just very suprised as think that could be his first card of any colour for us..

He got booked for dissent up at Forfar and I'm certain he's picked up a few yellows before that. Edinburgh away in the play offs springs to mind.

29 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Chance for Darren Smith to show his stirling form and play in his actual position on sat

He showed his Stirling form playing off the left wing. No doubts that he popped up centrally plenty of times, but his starting position was usually on the left with Henderson/MacDonald/Doris central. I think he played off the right wing the game Linton scored two penalties.

1 hour ago, the bigger picture said:

Genuine question.... a player throws the ball in the face of an opponent deliberately.  Straight red or yellow?  

J.P. McGovern got sent off for that against us not all that long ago; I forget whether it was a straight red or yellow. Might've been kicking it. Can't remember.

Culture of fuckin' cry babies in football now. All those muppet Peterhead fans clapping like ninnies when Goodie got sent off for 'violent' conduct. I've just saw it back, there's bugger all violent about it, irrespective of whether it's a red or a yellow; he's trying to defend himself. Maybe you should be off for 'endangering an opponent' or some pish like that, but violent? Away. Punching someone is violent. Even our own lot baying for blood for the tackle on Lamont up at Forfar - wouldn't even have been the subject of debate thirty years ago; completely fair challenge. Give it a rest and get on with your life.

I.ll get my jacket. Genuine cant remember any o them and even suprised with that amount..

Smith as a winger.[emoji1]. Aint you got to have burst o pace
must admit didnt think it was as high as that but thats in over 100 games Dont think he has ever been suspended either , until now

Seen that we have signed Zimbabwe U23 international Shama Bako, my mate has a thing for Northampton and said he was one of their most highly rated young players, he was meant to be signing for Man United a couple of years ago before a bad injury, ended up playing in Germany to get a crack at first team football because his cousin was playin with the team but didn’t work out. Apparently he is dying for any sort of first team football 

21 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Seen that we have signed Zimbabwe U23 international Shama Bako, my mate has a thing for Northampton and said he was one of their most highly rated young players, he was meant to be signing for Man United a couple of years ago before a bad injury, ended up playing in Germany to get a crack at first team football because his cousin was playin with the team but didn’t work out. Apparently he is dying for any sort of first team football 

Haven't seen this, where is it confirmed that he's signed ?