Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

7 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

We've supposedly agreed terms with Tom Lang, any gid?

He’s rubbish. Cancel it while you can.

1 minute ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Whatever happened to Hopkirk at Clyde? Thought he’d do well

Went awol as soon as he signed.

19 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Whatever happened to Hopkirk at Clyde? Thought he’d do well

Mental health issues wouldn't engage with the Club when we tried to get him help 

25 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

We've supposedly agreed terms with Tom Lang, any gid?

He's very handsome plus you'll have a promising young centre half although you'll need a no nonsense experienced guy beside him he can sometimes overplay but he is very assured on the ball. I still think he should have stayed another year and got more game time with us which might have got him a better move than Dunfermline but we can't begrudge his chance at full time football, I wish him all the best he was part of our most successful team for a number of years. 

Hopefully Mcstay signs on again and he isn't away aswell although we have a ready made replacement if he does though. Lang will be harder to replace unless the lad fitzpatrick who did get good reviews at clydebank can step up. 

Can't grudge Lang the move to full-time football. He was far too good for league 2 last season. Will be a big loss and tough to replace. With both Lang and Cogill away hopefully Lennon has a few replacements in mind.

He's very handsome plus you'll have a promising young centre half although you'll need a no nonsense experienced guy beside him he can sometimes overplay but he is very assured on the ball. I still think he should have stayed another year and got more game time with us which might have got him a better move than Dunfermline but we can't begrudge his chance at full time football, I wish him all the best he was part of our most successful team for a number of years. 
Hopefully Mcstay signs on again and he isn't away aswell although we have a ready made replacement if he does though. Lang will be harder to replace unless the lad fitzpatrick who did get good reviews at clydebank can step up. 

Who’s mcstay’s replacement?

It's all elementary as we don't know what's happening with McStay yet, but if he were to leave then I think Cuddihy would do a pretty good job in his place, if not just as good a job with time to develop in the role. That would mean having Duffie come into the team, though, and - as useful as he is - I don't want him being a starter in League One. Going into next season the areas I felt needing strengthened were GK, LB, AM and ST. We've done fine with three of those, but the losses of Lang and potentially McStay bring up other issues. 

As much as both of the players deserve to assess their options and make what they feel is the best move for themselves, it leaves us in the lurch. They are very good players; we will have offered them some of our better wage packages and they will be similarly - or more - expensive to adequately replace. Doing that is hard enough without having to play the waiting game while players who fit these profiles could be accepting offers elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Heard few days ago Lang was dunfermline bound from our side.Seems looking the case Best o luck. Well deservedemoji122.png but will be sorely missedemoji29.png

You did? Wow, you’re good- definitely in the know- what’s your source?

Heard few days ago Lang was dunfermline bound from our side.Seems looking the case Best o luck. Well deserved[emoji122] but will be sorely missed[emoji29]

Find that hard to believe considering they only made their move for him yesterday. He was all set for Morton before Dunfermline came in at the last minute.

Being an attention seeker on a football forum is pretty sad tbh.