Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

4 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

Aye, I think said host was just keen to see what a Clyde player's perception of the support was, given his experience of them on this messageboard. I'm guessing here... I'm guessing.

For context, he could ask from a wider (no pun intended towards Handsome) variety, such as the 80s, 90s and 00s stalwarts who sit among us every week, and not always as guests of the club in our new lounge. Or indeed, ask some of those in the lounge itself from 5.30/45 onwards on Promotion Day who had run the gauntlet under both (or either) the Shellsuit and Chapman, mixing with these very nasty creatures as if nothing had ever happened. 

Would he dare?

Still not forgiven his lot for Miller Mathieson or Euan Donaldson, tbh. Time for him to make it up. 

McLaughlin, rightly and admirably, brushes the suggestion off, adding that the Clyde support of the time were right to be displeased. And that is really the only attitude a player should have toward a support in the circumstance where the team hasn't gotten good results. And it speaks to McLaughlin's quality as a professional that he'd say as much.

What would have spoken to McLaughlin's "quality as a professional" was to have played the role of a true Clyde Captain and led by example.

His performances were amongst the worst of any of our players over those disastrous sessions.

Talk is cheap.

14 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

What would have spoken to McLaughlin's "quality as a professional" was to have played the role of a true Clyde Captain and led by example.

His performances were amongst the worst of any of our players over those disastrous sessions.

Talk is cheap.

I personally have no interest in either the cast or what the interviewee has to say, but it was clear to all from the Berwick 3-1 win in the November onwards, that the morale was draining through a seive week-on-week. Only a fool would have tried to portray himself as the victim in such a scenario, and calling out the fans' right to criticise what was a truly unnerving period must have got in the way of the narrative set out by the interviewer. He can't change his performances, but i'll accept his apparent contrition and taking responsibility any day over half-arsed shit-stirring. 

Interview with someone at a club when results and performances on the pitch are terrible and the club is in disarray is always never going to put them in a positive light. Barry Ferguson is up there with John Brown, Colin Hendry and the likes as the worst manager at Clyde in my life time. Ask any of the players in that dressing room and none of them are going to say they enjoyed it. Fans aren’t happy and why should they be?

Maybe a more interesting interview would be with a current player or an Allan Moore, on the rise of a club who were at the brink several times in the bottom league and have now made incredible strides both on and off the pitch to get back to the second tier. Or specifically ask Danny Lennon on what impact the supporters had last season. Clyde fans know the answer to that and that’s all I care about.

Talk is cheap.

McLaughlin wasn’t that bad imo. Definitely one of the better players in a diabolical squad

41 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

McLaughlin wasn’t that bad imo. Definitely one of the better players in a diabolical squad

I agree, one of the better players, isn't really saying much though but he was certainly not one of the players who would go missing, No matter if he was having a bad game he didn't go hiding like many of the others.

Two offers out with players from last season's squad according to the OS tonight (Lennon commenting). Presumably McStay and Lang.

Some free agents invited to pre-season. And loan players being looked at from "esteemed" full-time clubs. Got to think Danny's talking about eh berz there.

Bully wee fund coming along nicely. Who still to sign up....

Could be the difference of adding extra player or keeping Tom Lang...

Great incentive
and purchasing season tickets that's money going directly to the club and a years commitment to the club

17 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Two offers out with players from last season's squad according to the OS tonight (Lennon commenting). Presumably McStay and Lang.

Afraid not mate. It's Joe Gorman and Karim Belmokhtar

Crazy the players are back for pre season on Saturday and for most their last game was only a month ago. Could the players fitness have tailed off that much? Surely a slight sabbatical will give players a timely rest both mentally and physically?

Edited by TheBigGuy